Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name

Welcome to!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
anyone on max familiar with email hacking? my emails got hacked..

so i have a gmail account for work related emails and i also have a hotmail account for just regular emailing.

i noticed today that both my emails were logged off from my phone when i refreshed my iphone and could not log in again saying wrong password.

i got home and tried both my emails and passwords were both changed.

my Q&A for retrieving my accounts were changed as well.

Luckily my phone was linked to my gmail and i could retrieve both my emails.
( because my emails are linked each other so i can be able to reset my password)

anyone know why would someone try to hack into my account?
what they are trying to get, what they are after, what i should worry any tip will be very helpful, thank you in advance !!

edit : my password is very hard to guess and i dont log in on a random computer , always my laptop and my work computer / my iphone.
and i always delete my email transfers after i am finished with the transaction.
noodles101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #2
5th Gear Member
My father recently has also had problems with his gmail account being hacked. His guess is that someone is somehow intercepting the data when he is using hotspots (cafe/airport/etc). Seems to only be effecting his gmail though, and his password isnt easy to guess either.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: