Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > BMW Club of Canada
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #16
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

I am wondering if there is interest from some that want to come check out the school and see what its about.

Maybe I should be doing the tour/show people what the in-class sessions are like, let them try the skid pad a couple times and get them rides as a passenger with the instructors when they go out for their laps at the 1st school on April 28th and 29th?

This would be open to anyone who is not doing the school but would like to check it out

anyone interested? if there is interested people I will wait and do the June school so others can experience how amazing these events are.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #17
Rampage
6th Gear Member

Signed up!

No DDT this year?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #18
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Unfortunately no DDT performance driving school this year. The way the schedule worked out we either had early April which in our opinion was just to early and/or May which we're using for our Solo 1 Autocross/lapping day. Sorry, I hope this doesn't ruffle any feathers. However, if you would like to go to an associated school there is always Hanson International who runs only on the DDT. Derek Hanson, our chief instructor is the father of Peter Hanson who runs that school and Derek teaches in the classroom there. Cheers! See you at the track last weekend of April.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #19
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
I am wondering if there is interest from some that want to come check out the school and see what its about.

Maybe I should be doing the tour/show people what the in-class sessions are like, let them try the skid pad a couple times and get them rides as a passenger with the instructors when they go out for their laps at the 1st school on April 28th and 29th?

This would be open to anyone who is not doing the school but would like to check it out

anyone interested? if there is interested people I will wait and do the June school so others can experience how amazing these events are.

You'll be participating in the school so you won't have time to do what you want to do. But, we may have some volunteers available to do so in your place!

Old 02-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #20
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
You'll be participating in the school so you won't have time to do what you want to do. But, we may have some volunteers available to do so in your place!
Trying to decide if I do April/June or June/sept. Either way I will at least organize it I guess
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #21
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

I just found out that our registrations are way up so far this year, and that the school is filling up faster than in years past. If you are planning on coming to the April School register sooner than later. 66 spots are available in total for the Advanced Driving School and 40+ spots for the Club Race School. So far over half are taken. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to email me john_venditti@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Old 04-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #22
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

I thought it was time for an update given that our first event is two weeks today! Our race school registration is at 20, only 10 spots left. Our Advanced Driving school registration is at 48 with only 18 spots left!!! If you're planning on attending, I suggest you register as once all of the spots are filled, that's it. We do this to ensure a maximum number of cars on track at once so as not to have constant traffic jams!

Remember too, that you need time to get a tech inspection for your car prior to the event! Helmets are mandatory so if you don't have one you have only two weeks to secure one!

If you have any questions please feel free to email me john_venditti@hotmail.com.

Rubber side down!

Cheers!!!

Old 05-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #23
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

I would like to take this time out to thank all of the participants, volunteers, instructors and organizers that together made this event one of the best ever. Thank-you all.
We had the highest attendance in years. Smooth registration, and flow all weekend, and best of all not one incident. That's saying a lot as there were over 140 different cars on track through the weekend. Awesome Job everyone.

Now onto our next event in less than 4 weeks!!!! June 1,2,3! See you all there!

John

Old 05-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #24
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

I just checked our registration for the June 1-3 ADS at the Mosport GP track and it is filling up really quickly. We have room for 100 students/advanced lappers throughout the weekend. Plus an additional 60 or so instructors. If you're planning on coming and just hesitating don't, sign up now!

Old 05-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #25
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Here are a few questions that I've been asked lately via email, so I thought I'd post up some of the answers here just in case you had the same questions or was curious.

Yes we allow convertibles which offer factory rollover protection. So no e30's for example, but z3's with roll hoops and so on yes.

Yes our school is tax deductible. We are an accredited performance driving school, and as such, your fees are considered tuition.

No I do not own Trillium! (This one made me laugh actually) I am a volunteer, thats it. BMW Clubs Canada is a chapter of BMW Clubs International, Trillium is a chapter of Canada. As such, we have a voice at BMW AG. We are a group of BMW enthusiasts who enjoy getting together at many levels, from performance driving, to socials, to meets to cruises, car shows and the like.

Yes you have to be a member of the club to participate in our ADS (Advanced Driving Schools) The membership fees go towards insurance costs, administrative costs, Socials, and so on. Also, our group insurance for liability will only cover members as such all participants must be members.

No you DO NOT need to modify anything on your car to bring it to the race track. In actual fact, for beginners and novices stock is better as the limits of the car are far more predictable stock than if you have modified it. If it is modified that is okay too, but you don't NEED to modify your car to have fun.

As I get more or think of more I will post them for you all to know, Thanks!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #26
PatrolOne
1st Gear Newbie

How tight are tech insepction requirements?

I was thinking joining as a full member, and coming to the next ADS, but I looked at the form and realized that my M5 won't pass the same brand tire requirement. I have 275/35/18 toyos on the front and 285/30/18 PS2s on the back.

Is the same brand/same type a hard requirement? I don't want to spend $1000 for new front tires just so I can go...
PatrolOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #27
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

The idea behind matching tires is the levels of available grip and predictability. Generally speaking, having different compounds equals uneven levels of grip front to back which drastically changes the dynamics of the car. It is up to our track chair and chief instructor to determine the viability of this option. It is always a good idea to have the same tires all of the way around your car.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #28
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

The September ADS at Mosport is now sold out. If you were planning on attending but haven't registered please still contact our registrar and he will put you on a waiting list. If someone cancels last minute we may be able to fit you in provided you have a tech form filled out by a licenced mechanic ready.

A big Thank-you goes out to all of the volunteers and directors who put in a tonne of effort to get this event sold out 1 week prior to the event. That means 106 participant cars and 60+ instructors at the event this weekend.

If you want to come out and see what all of the excitement is please feel free to come by and visit.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #29
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

September 9th - E30 Love....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JNjo...=youtube_gdata

Please forgive the self-admiring, mostly true captions

kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #30