Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #31
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Funny. The stereotypes about that population happen to be proved right again and again... I hope this guys get's some good ol' fashioned vigilante justice as the cops are useless yet again.

and LOL @ the ortho clinic. Another front for scams. Wow. Don't even get me started on this shit.
Its really shameful isn't it? Especially for a new generation which should be breaking those stereotypes, not indulging them
Old 02-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #32
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Did the cops show up at the end?

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #33
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
Did the cops show up at the end?
yes (OPP), but they did nothing and told both parties to go home.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #34
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I have a friend of mine that tracks downs these people. One thing that is common is that, they used to live in Germany, Uk and so on. So when those countries kicked them out, guess what, old fox Canada took them.

Don't get me wrong, but even cops these days can't do shit. Look how hard it is for them to impose the cellphone ban. It's about money money money. He will get five credit cards, he will get a house that he can not afford so banks can make a fortune on him/his family. That is the bottom line. They don't care about your 500 dollars or if someone ran you over on that highway.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #35
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
yep, thats the times we live in.

people should pay this guy a visit at his home.
hahahah you think it is that easy? That may sound logical from an average guy's point of view, but wait when you get ambushed by 3-4 families living in that house. A friend of mine had a house in that part of Markham, and he sold it before the value went down. After he moved in the upper side of Markham.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #36
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

TheStar covered it:
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/ar...-it-seems?bn=1

Quote:
Once upon a time, angry fender-bender victims who wanted to allege the other guy was an idiot or a crook were limited to an audience of family and friends.

But as two GTA motorists are finding out, all it takes in 2012 to transform a minor car accident into a reputation-threatening debacle is a dashboard camera, YouTube and the so-called wisdom of crowds.

Last Thursday, Ajax resident Raguruban Yogarajah and Mississauga student Herman Sham were involved in a fender-bender on the 401. Neither dispute that while they were stopped in cramped rush-hour traffic, Yogarajah’s black Honda Acura rolled backwards and bumped Sham’s Subaru.

Sham believes Yogarajah was trying to scam him, and 130,000 YouTube viewers largely agree.

But Yogarajah says it was a genuine mistake. He’s worried for his family’s safety since venomous — and sometimes racist — commenters started posting his personal information online. “I work two jobs. I don’t need to go scamming for $500 to live my life,” says Yogarajah.

Sham, 24, a photography student, captured Thursday’s fender-bender on a $40 dashboard camera.

The next day, he uploaded the footage to YouTube with the title “The reason why you need a dash camera (scam foiled).” In the video, he added word bubbles alleging Yogarajah demanded $500 on the spot to pay for the damage.

“Please be aware of these fake accident(s),” Sham wrote online.

Viewers — more than 125,000 in the last 36 hours — have added a running commentary of vitriol, threats and racism.

One called Yogarajah a “scumbag” and posted his home address in Ajax. “Don’t underestimate technology and the power of the internet,” the commenter wrote.

Yogarajah is worried and scared.

He says the first thing he told Sham was, “Did you bump into me or did I bump into you?” His car is a manual, and he says it probably rolled backward when he distractedly took his foot off the brake.

The video doesn’t seem to show Yogarajah’s reverse lights come on. He points to this as proof he didn’t reverse, while YouTube commenters use it as proof he disconnected them and his tail lights in advance. In the sunlight’s glare, it’s impossible to tell if either was working.

Yogarajah doesn’t deny he is at fault for the collision. But he got frustrated at the scene because, he says, Sham insisted Yogarajah had reversed on purpose. So Yogarajah called police himself (a move Sham admits was “weird”).

Yogarajah, 26, works at a bank during the week and as a telecommunications sales rep on the weekends, helping support his extended family. He says he saved up for three years to buy his car and wouldn’t think of damaging it for $500.

He does, in fact, have a lengthy rap sheet of Highway Traffic Act offences — 26 in four years — but most are for licence plate issues and speeding, and he has no criminal history. He believes police stop him more frequently than others because they are suspicious of a young man of colour driving a nice car.

The YouTube video clearly shows Yogarajah’s licence plate. Since it was posted, web denizens have posted not only his address but his sister’s, where she lives with her three children.

He says he’s spoken to the Toronto police and the RCMP on six occasions about the online threats, but all have said they have no jurisdiction over YouTube and some were dismissive of his safety concerns.

Sham says he wasn’t trying to ruin Yogarajah’s reputation. He only wanted other drivers to be aware that dashboard cameras can be useful for insurance purposes.

He says he believes now that Yogarajah may have accidentally put the car in neutral, and not intentionally reversed, though he still maintains Yogarajah asked for money. “I really don’t want to screw him, or anything.”

Sham’s car damage is minor.

“It would have been solved if he just gave me a chance to talk to him,” says Yogarajah.

“It’s a minor scratch. All this trouble for no reason.”
Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #37
damameke
6th Gear Member

I would be so naive to believe his story, questions; why would he stopped his car
on the busiest highway?;considering there is no mechanical fault, why would he not stop when OP was blasting his horn loudly....

anyway. giving him the benefit of doubt...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #38
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

I read a lot of back pedalling. I still believe it was malicious and pre-meditated. The camera captures it all. I find it hard for his car to roll back with so much force to cause damage given the roadway wasn't a steep hill.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #39
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Sometimes I roll back but its a instant slam the brake reaction when it happens, there is NO WAY he didn't know he was rolling back, you can freaking feel it and it feels WRONG when its happening. BULL.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #40
Steve30
Techno Viking

Not to mention the driver of the Subaru also honked like 5 times!

Quote:
I read a lot of back pedalling. I still believe it was malicious and pre-meditated. The camera captures it all. I find it hard for his car to roll back with so much force to cause damage given the roadway wasn't a steep hill.

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325is winter build
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #41
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
The roll back can be genuine, new cars roll super easy, that being said, you FEEL it.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #42
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

wow, why the **** is the star trying to save this yogarajah's mother****in ass?

they are trying to make it seem as HE is the victim in this case? wtf?

racism? wtf the other guy is asian too, minority vs minority, no racism here. **** him.

trying to buy sympathy saying hes scared and people are being ' racist' ..

also trying to call the police and saying him and his family is in danger?

pfft, thank god the cops arent doing anything about it.

plus i highly doubt he worked for 3 years to buy his car, he probably ran a

credit card scam to buy that car.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #43
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
The roll back can be genuine, new cars roll super easy, that being said, you FEEL it.
ya but did he not hear the loud car honk?

, first thing he said is " gimme 500 dollars or i call the cops "

with a straight face..

hes done this many times, a pro sketch artisssst
Old 02-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #44
Colombian
2nd Gear Newbie

hahha the star story is good. now you know the power of the media.. it all comes down how plp write the article.. and this is only local news.. imagine how the twist things on more important news !!

I do agree posting his address and his family info is a little too much. On the other side there is no way he would have not notice. He drives an accura so it probably has hill assits start or some kind of safety feature to prevent rolling backwards (im guessing).. my freaking jeep got that and is a cheap car, acuras cost more $$$$!!! lol... also his is driving on highway traffic so he is probably alert do to sudden breaking. He is also on a 400 series highways rolling backwards... i guess he taught it was normal than his car was moving backward and the other were going forward...

I think we learned a few good lessons from this... get a car camera, do not trust the media or the police, keep a good lawyer as a friend and never I repeat never say you got a camera when u get in an accident, just bring it to court !! something I learned is that police cant do anything.. they just observers, they can give you all tickets in the world if they want but is up to you to make things right in court.. all comes down to the judge and your lawyer !!! freaking rapists and murderers get away with a good lawyer.. thats how messed up the system really is.
Colombian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #45
damameke
6th Gear Member

Guys the media reported HIS story and I believed the writer/repoter would say in his heart: "ya right", he probably did not believe his story either but had to report/write as it was fed to him by the scammer, like most of us. we dont believe his story.. pure scam.. and he was caught by Sham's dashboard camera......
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: