Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #16
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Just stating the fact that you won't find an 01 with my mileage for $6500. Guess that doesn't matter too much nowadays, huh.
Like i said before, with no FULL records, it means NOTHING! For a few hundred bucks the car can show whatever milage you want it to. One owner cars are VERY easy to do, since the original owner is the only one who knows the milage and no records are kept at the DMW (during ownership transfers). You can be the 1st owner, drive it to 200K and roll back to 50K, nobody has any records of it, other then the dealer if it was maintained there.

I'm not saying its not a nice clean car, but i hope you did some checking before you got it! Too many crooks out there; friend of mine just got a van with 40K, and after i did some checks it turns out it was 120K.
I want to the dealer who sold it to him!!! (and it was SALVAGE)
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #17
StraightSix
2nd Gear Member

Even though it's old, it still has low kilometers. Put it up for what you think it's worth and if you don't get what you're looking for just keep it. Not worth letting go for 6k for the low kilometers that it has.

Another thing I would also do if you're really serious about selling is try and get it back as close as you can to OEM. Putting back the stock exhaust and stock rims if you still have them. OEM is a big selling point on kijiji. Plus then you can sell the rims and exhaust separately and make more of a profit. When people see that a car has mods they instantly think that its been abused.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #18
ac_2007
Cruising in Top Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
Like i said before, with no FULL records, it means NOTHING! For a few hundred bucks the car can show whatever milage you want it to. One owner cars are VERY easy to do, since the original owner is the only one who knows the milage and no records are kept at the DMW (during ownership transfers). You can be the 1st owner, drive it to 200K and roll back to 50K, nobody has any records of it, other then the dealer if it was maintained there.

I'm not saying its not a nice clean car, but i hope you did some checking before you got it! Too many crooks out there; friend of mine just got a van with 40K, and after i did some checks it turns out it was 120K.
I want to the dealer who sold it to him!!! (and it was SALVAGE)
Whenever the E-test is done, I thought they record the mileage with the ministry as well? Swapping/programming the LCM, Cluster, Keys, and ECU is very possible. All of those components are all original and changing the mileage is not possible with the type of chip my cluster has.

Even if I didn't have the paperwork, one look at the undercarriage confirms the mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
Even though it's old, it still has low kilometers. Put it up for what you think it's worth and if you don't get what you're looking for just keep it. Not worth letting go for 6k for the low kilometers that it has.

Another thing I would also do if you're really serious about selling is try and get it back as close as you can to OEM. Putting back the stock exhaust and stock rims if you still have them. OEM is a big selling point on kijiji. Plus then you can sell the rims and exhaust separately and make more of a profit. When people see that a car has mods they instantly think that its been abused.
Agreed. Nice to see another local E46fanatic.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

ur car is clean! dont sell it, ur car is m sport bumpers away from lookin 10/10
Old 02-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #20
ac_2007
Cruising in Top Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles101 View Post
ur car is clean! dont sell it, ur car is m sport bumpers away from lookin 10/10
Thanks man. I love my non-sport front bumper.

Wouldn't mind an MtechII rear, though.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #21
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

yeah i think these days, you dont get much more money for having low km..maybe a little more but not worth selling it. someone who ends up buying ur car will get the better end of the deal.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #22
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

"... it was a summer car driven by a woman in Kitchener."

why is it a car, driven by a woman, seems to be used as a selling point??

Most women i know, don't have a clue about their car, drive it pretty rough, and don't care as long as it gets them from point A to point B.
The only advantage I see is if the car is bruk, a woman is smarter than a guy in taking it in to get fixed.
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:29 AM   #23
ac_2007
Cruising in Top Gear

I was stating the facts based on the paperwork on hand, not presenting it as a selling point.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #24
yung
1st Gear Newbie

completely off topic... but do you now what part # the magnaflow muffler is? it looks pretty nice thankkss
yung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #25
ac_2007
Cruising in Top Gear

If you have a 325/330, the catback you want is Magnaflow p/n 16533. It will run you about $600 on ebay.

They have minimum pricing and you won't be able to find the link yourself, so if you want it, PM me. Another option is cutting off the OEM muffler and welding in a universal Magnaflow.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #26
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

^^ never put a universal magnaflow..lol my friend did that, drone sound from hell every rpm/ speed.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #27
Goodtohave
2nd Gear Member

We forget how old our cars are...

A 12 yr old non sports package sedan is not the kind of car someone falls in love with and must have, regardless of mileage.

The 12k you want will buy a lot of cars these days.

Don't get me wrong, nice car but you just won't get a lot of money for it, and I have one too!
Goodtohave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #28
SultanX
1st Gear Newbie

Beautiful looking E46, ac_2007!

Being in the market for an older/used BMW (and hence registration on this site ), I've done a bit of research recently.

I can only give my personal view on it, but I'd have no problem paying up to $10k for it given its really low mileage and cleanliness. That's still a good price comparing to a lot of other listings I've come across! Anything higher and the doubts would start to set in, though.

Definitely keep it/pass it on if you feel that's best -- probably not even worth selling!

Last edited by SultanX; 02-11-2012 at 02:57 PM.
SultanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #29
ac_2007
Cruising in Top Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles101 View Post
^^ never put a universal magnaflow..lol my friend did that, drone sound from hell every rpm/ speed.
This is one of the most popular routes taken by E46Fanatics members.. aside from the dreadful muffler delete done by noobs who purchase the car cheap and want to rice it out.

From what I've heard it only sounds a bit louder than the ZHP OEM exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanX View Post
Beautiful looking E46, ac_2007!

Being in the market for an older/used BMW (and hence registration on this site ), I've done a bit of research recently.

I can only give my personal view on it, but I'd have no problem paying up to $10k for it given its really low mileage and cleanliness. That's still a good price comparing to a lot of other listings I've come across! Anything higher and the doubts would start to set in, though.

Definitely keep it/pass it on if you feel that's best -- probably not even worth selling!
Thank you
Old 02-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #30
StraightSix
2nd Gear Member

There's no drone if you leave the resonators in.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: