Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Kbm
2nd Gear Member

Where are all the E90ers ?

I have a slightly feeling that the E30ers, 36ers and 46ers are way more active here than us...

is it just winter mode on ?
Kbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

Maxbimmer is all e30/36/46... there are very few e90 owners on here..

If you want e90 content go to e90post.com.... I warn you.. those guys are all #%&ing assholes... it's a trainwreck of a forum.. I've bought/sold so much on here - it's great.. people are soooooooooo much better to deal with and generally much less stuck up.

p.s - wanna buy an awesome winter rim/tire setup for your 325? let me know!
BMWdouche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #3
Revision2
1st Gear Newbie

As BMWdouche pointed out, most of the e90 guys are on the e90post forums because there is just a lot more content over there for the e9x platform and many of the guys who've been modding / owning e9x from the beginning started there and feel no need to move forums. I don't agree with BMWdouche's statement that all of us who are on e90 are #%&ing a-holes and that it's a trainwreck of a forum. I've met and interacted with several of the guys over there who have been very helpful and genuinely seem friendly and dug up loads of information. Yes, there are some guys that give attitude for no reason, especially to newbies, or seem a little stuck up as BMWdouche put it but like any other place with a large gathering of people there are bound to be a few bad apples, especially when people can hide behind the internet.
Revision2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:32 AM   #4
Kbm
2nd Gear Member

I think we can say: E90Post - A *good forum for E90 owners.

* Personal experience may vary, see brochure for details.

I thought about signing up for the E90post, but I wanted a local (Canadian) forum as I planned to interact with other enthusiasts on "real life" as well (cruises, get together for a beer, whatever), plus even tho now I own a e90, I appreciate BMW as a whole brand and not just this particular model.

But I get it, I think I'll open an account there for gather share info about the car and stick here for the regional events
Old 02-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
Revision2
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbm View Post
I think we can say: E90Post - A *good forum for E90 owners.

* Personal experience may vary, see brochure for details.

I thought about signing up for the E90post, but I wanted a local (Canadian) forum as I planned to interact with other enthusiasts on "real life" as well (cruises, get together for a beer, whatever), plus even tho now I own a e90, I appreciate BMW as a whole brand and not just this particular model.

But I get it, I think I'll open an account there for gather share info about the car and stick here for the regional events
lol. Yeah... it can definitely vary. The major thing over there is that doing a search first before asking is highly recommended. I guess a lot of the guys are tired of answering the same questions repeatedly. There is a Canadian sub-forum there where a lot of the GTA guys are fairly active. Funny how you mentioned interacting in real life. We're actually having a meet for next Sunday afternoon that you're more than welcome to drop by. Look for 'GTA: Winter Meet' in the Canada section of e90 for details. e90post is actually under the Bimmerpost umbrella so it's just a part of a whole group of BMW related forums for the different model generations.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
Merkley
Wanna be a racecar driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWdouche View Post
... I warn you.. those guys are all #%&ing assholes... it's a trainwreck of a forum..
+1 -- **most** of them are assholes, but there are still a few nice ones in the crowd...
Old 02-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
Havok_2011
Architect

I completely and utterly disagree with you guys that are bashing E90post members! Of course, I am an E90post member...so its disappointing to see it being trashed here.

I joined E90post in March 2010 when I bought my car, and the guys have been amazingly helpful from finding good deals for mods, to completely going out of their way and coming to me when I had car problems to help fix them.

I have met at a least a dozen guys on E90post that I consider good friends today, and they are always a joy to meet up with.

Granted, E90post has loads of members, so you are bound to find some douche bags and royal losers that don't honor their for sale threads, or just post up in the effort to be titled "Biggest Asshole Alive". US guys that chime into our threads for no reason other than to stir problems also gets annoying. But I have gone through several cars, and many forums over the years, and I have to say these assholes exist everywhere...and by no means do they exist in a large enough ratio that could possibly define any of the forums I have joined a horrible place to visit....and certainly not enough at E90post to trash talk the forums in general.

To the original poster......if you go to the Canadian section of E90post, most of the guys are from or within the GTA. So its pretty much like a local forum....and I would say you could benefit a lot from getting involved there as well.

I won't say everyone from E90post is wonderful, there are some annoying, assholes there. But in my short time here in these forums, there have been some people that have been complete assholes as well. At the end of the day, the majority of people in both forums are good people as for as I am concerned.

If you own an E90, E90post is the place to visit.

If you own an E30 - E46 maxbimmer is the place to visit.

If you want to meet up and chill with BMW enthusiasts, and learn a lot along the way...join both forums, keep an open mind, ignore the assholes, and enjoy making new friends.

Just my opinion.

PS: Never have I seen anyone in the E90post forums say anything bad about the guys here at maxbimmer. Overall I thought both forums got along well.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #8
Revision2
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
I completely and utterly disagree with you guys that are bashing E90post members! Of course, I am an E90post member...so its disappointing to see it being trashed here.

I joined E90post in March 2010 when I bought my car, and the guys have been amazingly helpful from finding good deals for mods, to completely going out of their way and coming to me when I had car problems to help fix them.

I have met at a least a dozen guys on E90post that I consider good friends today, and they are always a joy to meet up with.

Granted, E90post has loads of members, so you are bound to find some douche bags and royal losers that don't honor their for sale threads, or just post up in the effort to be titled "Biggest Asshole Alive". US guys that chime into our threads for no reason other than to stir problems also gets annoying. But I have gone through several cars, and many forums over the years, and I have to say these assholes exist everywhere...and by no means do they exist in a large enough ratio that could possibly define any of the forums I have joined a horrible place to visit....and certainly not enough at E90post to trash talk the forums in general.

To the original poster......if you go to the Canadian section of E90post, most of the guys are from or within the GTA. So its pretty much like a local forum....and I would say you could benefit a lot from getting involved there as well.

I won't say everyone from E90post is wonderful, there are some annoying, assholes there. But in my short time here in these forums, there have been some people that have been complete assholes as well. At the end of the day, the majority of people in both forums are good people as for as I am concerned.

If you own an E90, E90post is the place to visit.

If you own an E30 - E46 maxbimmer is the place to visit.

If you want to meet up and chill with BMW enthusiasts, and learn a lot along the way...join both forums, keep an open mind, ignore the assholes, and enjoy making new friends.

Just my opinion.

PS: Never have I seen anyone in the E90post forums say anything bad about the guys here at maxbimmer. Overall I thought both forums got along well.
+1 ... can't we all just get along? We're already thought of as douches by drivers of every other brand already..
Old 02-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #9
Kbm
2nd Gear Member

All we need is love... la lala lalaaaa...

Btw: couldn't make it to the meet last Sunday, was out of the city, but will join the next one for sure !
Old 02-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #10
328IScreamer
6th Gear Member

I have an e82, I rarely see and 1er posts on here either lol
Old 02-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #11
Revision2
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbm View Post
All we need is love... la lala lalaaaa...

Btw: couldn't make it to the meet last Sunday, was out of the city, but will join the next one for sure !
No meet happened the past Sunday (Superbowl ) nor the one before that (low responses). The meet is actually planned for this Sunday (feb 12). Info is available here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639901
Old 02-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #12
Kbm
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revision2 View Post
No meet happened the past Sunday (Superbowl ) nor the one before that (low responses). The meet is actually planned for this Sunday (feb 12). Info is available here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639901
I have just signed up for the forum and replied to the thread ! hahahaha
Old 02-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #13
summall
1st Gear Newbie

Hi, E90 owner here. I check E90Post, Bimmerfest, and maXbimmer everyday. What I learn from years of online forums (non-BMW related forums) are:
1) Treat others like the way you want to be treated
2) Its OK to have different opinions
3) Just chill and walk away if you encounter unfriendly people / comments
4) Last & not least, yes, please use the Search button first.
summall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #14
moosecaboose
1st Gear Newbie

Hey everyone, just like to introduce myself.

been over at e90post since 05 when they first started but lurking around here recently. pretty good community over here also .
moosecaboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #15
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
E90 owner here
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: