Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #16
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Hey guys, if we can get GB of dyno tune, how many of you would be down? its not for stand alones, only for oem DME's.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #17
2bmw2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmw1 View Post
I've heard one too many discouraging stories from his non-dyno, on the spot "tunes" on newer post E36 models. His lack of professionalism, and racist remarks over the past few years would make anyone shy away from his business. Anyways i'm not here to bash on a company. I made my opinion, and my suggestion, and anyone can take it for how they like.
So who told you these stories? Probably Jonny the Blazer? Why don't you actually talk to people who have his OBD-2 tunes instead of talking out your ass?
2bmw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bmw2 View Post
So who told you these stories? Probably Jonny the Blazer? Why don't you actually talk to people who have his OBD-2 tunes instead of talking out your ass?
Wow, the truth must have hit a nerve. Jonny the Blazer eh?...uh ok. LOL! Whoever this "Jonny the Blazer" character is, i'm guessing he must have had the same experience that i keep hearing about lol.

...oh, and nice username.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #19
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmw1 View Post
Wow, the truth must have hit a nerve. Jonny the Blazer eh?...uh ok. LOL! Whoever this "Jonny the Blazer" character is, i'm guessing he must have had the same experience that i keep hearing about lol.

...oh, and nice username.
I guess he is refering to me. That's me jonny in the pic, with my blazer.

I guess the suddenly joining, new member "2bmw2" got upset at 1bmw1 so fast he could not think of a better way to hide it.

On the other hand, Sam...if I can set up a dyno time...and Karl@Active's time - would you want to make this happen?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blazer.jpg (18.4 KB, 231 views)

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #20
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Hand's down, best tuner I've dealt with. Not sure if he's done a 540 before, I know he's done BMW's, but he get's it done.

http://www.innovativetuning.com/
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:33 AM   #21
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

tuning is the touchy Max subject, Chigga what mods have you done that you are tunning for on the 5er?
richie_s999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #22
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
http://www.dynamotorsports.ca/

Tony is a good guy and been around for a while.

Hes tuned a lot of things. Id at least shoot him an email and see if he can handle your platform.

neetronics is decent but hit or miss sometimes
please don't go to Tony... the crap that comes out of that shop is laughable.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #23
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Hardly seems worth it to me. 1000$ for 20hp(MAYBE). Save ur pennies and superchage it.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #24
sproule905
6th Gear Member

I've been. Contact with a few M5 members ( albeit terry would join) to get our cars tunes at the same with with MarkD's software.

1000 for a 20 hp gain is useless... I believe Mark charges 500.

sproule905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #25
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
explain....

and you could basically say this about ANY local "tuner"

fact is we dont have any great options here. never have
Old 01-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #26
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post

fact is we dont have any great options here. never have
Exactly. At least in Ontario we don't...or i don't know of any.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #27
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproule905 View Post
I've been. Contact with a few M5 members ( albeit terry would join) to get our cars tunes at the same with with MarkD's software.

1000 for a 20 hp gain is useless... I believe Mark charges 500.
I would be. He charges 300$ regularly (what he told me) so if he beats that, I am down as long as there is no raised redline.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:28 AM   #28
///MPOWERED
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
+1 Explain!

I've known Tony for several years. He know's what he is doing and has some very nice builds of his own. Tony is a very trustworthy guy that I find is truly interested in helping the Automotive performance/tuning industry.

I do know what you mean on some of the cars that are in and out of the shop, but keep in mind there are cars that come out of a lot of performance/tuning places that are "laughable"...... but that's what I like about Tony, he doesn't care if you have a 100K car or a junker car. Tony will work with whatever you bring him to satisfy your needs as his customer. If he can work with what you have to help you achieve the goals your after he'll do so. If your requesting for him to work magic that's just not possible with your budget, he'll let you know the best steps he can offer to help you reach your goals keeping your budget in mind.

ie. A few yrs ago I sent my family friend to Tony with a 1997 Volvo 850R 6spd manual (Custom conversion) . My friend wanted to do a custom full stand alonge Engine management system in the car, we did a full custom set up with a tubular top mount manifold, Garrett GT35R etc... We found the ECU to use from Haltech. Having no experience in customer wiring etc... (Was not plug and play) I approached Tony with the challenge, and even though Tony didn't have much experience tuning Volvo's at that time especially custom stand alone. Tony not only stepped up to the challenge to get the car up and running, but he got the car running on a SOLID tune. And he even did a custom air-to-water IC set up for the car too!!! Last time I got an update the car dyno'd around 700WHP with a built motor and bigger turbo.

Last edited by ///MPOWERED; 01-30-2012 at 04:36 AM.
///MPOWERED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #29
JINT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30 View Post
what makes you say that? he offers tunes for 135/335 e46 M3 etc... there are a few guys using his tune in e36's as well.
Mark has excellent tunes for OBD1 Cars, probably best on the market, his 97-98 540i tune is also very good, but for E36, E46 say 328's and 330's his tune is useless, it's about 300$ and it does pretty much f@ck@ll. We have dynoed several 330ci's with his tune and it shows mid range power increase by roughly 2-3hp. Up top there was no increase at all. I know most of us want the power up top if you got cams or other small mods, in this case you have to go with Turner, Jim confronti tunes, their power band is more less closer to the top.

Don't be expecting 25hp from a chip/tune no matter what company you use, even custom tuning, not gonna happen unless you have other things done to complement the tune, such as more fuel, larger throttle body(s), headers, etc.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #30
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
I would be. He charges 300$ regularly (what he told me) so if he beats that, I am down as long as there is no raised redline.
What about Active Auto's tune? apparently they are willing to do a GB price if we can get 5+ people.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: