Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Pair of Nissan 350Z take each other out on highway

On the way to a Wrong Fitment Meet...

http://ca.autoblog.com/2012/01/24/z-...-out-roadster/

Old 01-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
328IScreamer
6th Gear Member

What are the wires he's talking about?

Also how the heck does that happen? It doesn't even look like his rear end swung out very far
Old 01-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

There is some sort of wire guard rail / fence there. And yes I agree, I was told the car wasn't poked and stretched but had a decent tire and it was very wet but in the video the tire tracks appear dry and I don't see the back end move at all. At first I thought tie rod but now that I see dude still DROVE TO THE MEET... possibly driver error?

I've driven Vortech and HKS charged Zees, they don't make the kinda power to light 'em up at 112km/h from a roll.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
This is why i dont go to meets.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
This is why i dont go to meets.
What and not see that sick whip with custom bodywork rollin' on Rotas?
Old 01-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
davericher20
black and blue

Looks to me like he downshifted, mashed the gas, it let loose, his inexperience came into play and now this is why he can't have nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:19 AM   #7
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

possibly he downshifted without rev-matching and back end let go?
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:27 AM   #8
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by careless7 View Post
What and not see that sick whip with custom bodywork rollin' on Rotas?
I'm only into steelies now homie

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #9
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower1226 View Post
possibly he downshifted without rev-matching and back end let go?
Yea I was trying to figure it out also, but if he did that the back end would have swung out first...

In the video you clearly see the front veer left, almost like some kind of suspension failure. But since he still drove to the meet that seems unlikely. The only other assumption is that he didn't see the guy to his left and took a hard left to change lanes to avoid traffic..? Or he dropped his phone?

Also it doesn't look like it is raining at all, the cars wipers aren't even on and roads looked like they almost dried up.

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 01-25-2012 at 09:37 AM.
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #10
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #11
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

I can definitely believe what the description in the youtube video says. Even if it looks dry, or it's dry enough to not have to use wipers the road can still be pretty greasy. In the video you can hear the guy mash it and you can hear the revs jump up (sounds like he bounces off the limiter) as if he loses traction.

With respect to how the car reacts I can say that I experienced the vary same thing last week while driving home from work. I was on a straight section of country highway. The road was slick, we had a bit of snow and it got packed down hard and there hadn't been any salt or sand put down. I wanted to test the traction conditions of the road, so when there was no on coming traffic I stepped on it (I was in 4th going about 70km/h). When my wheels started to lose traction the left wheel hooked more than the right wheel and it pushed me into the oncoming lane. I've tried it a few more times since then in a few different conditions and quite often the car seems to want to pitch in that direction whenever it starts losing traction. I'm not exactly sure of the reason for it, but it might have something to do with how the LSD initially reacts
Old 01-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
I'm only into steelies now homie
damn you and your 17" steelies. best steelies ever
Old 01-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

I've driven HKS and Vortech supercharged 350Zs before and they would not light 'em up at 112 km/h on dry stuff but its hard to tell conditions, although tracks look dry to me and as it was mentioned no wipers were going.

Hmmm the downshift scenario might be possible. I mean if it was a out of range downshift you might have a bit of rear lock-up, no smoke on wet pavement but might be uneven wheel speed causing the shift.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by careless7 View Post
Hmmm the downshift scenario might be possible. I mean if it was a out of range downshift you might have a bit of rear lock-up, no smoke on wet pavement but might be uneven wheel speed causing the shift.
Yeah, hitting the rev limiter like that is either going to be from wheel spin or a botched down shift. I watched it again more closely. The fact that you don't really see the black car make any ground on the silver car before he loses control makes it look like a botched down shift. If he had been mashing it he would have gapped the silver car a little bit before losing control.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #15
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
With respect to how the car reacts I can say that I experienced the vary same thing last week while driving home from work. I was on a straight section of country highway. The road was slick, we had a bit of snow and it got packed down hard and there hadn't been any salt or sand put down. I wanted to test the traction conditions of the road, so when there was no on coming traffic I stepped on it (I was in 4th going about 70km/h). When my wheels started to lose traction the left wheel hooked more than the right wheel and it pushed me into the oncoming lane. I've tried it a few more times since then in a few different conditions and quite often the car seems to want to pitch in that direction whenever it starts losing traction. I'm not exactly sure of the reason for it, but it might have something to do with how the LSD initially reacts
Road crown. The car will veer to where gravity helps it.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: