Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > X series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
l2iceman
1st Gear Newbie

x3 replacement mirror

hey guys,

I need to replace the passenger side mirror(entire assembly) on a 2012 x3 and it is pretty costly at the dealership($767+tax + paint, install myself).

I have called several body shops and parts shops for used or aftermarkets replacements with no luck.

Online I found a company "Kool Vue" that is apparently the world's largest manufacturer of OE replacement mirrors and I found an online store(not sure if I can mention the name, if not, PM for those who are interested) in the U.S. for about $230USD shipped unpainted.

I'm wondering if anyone has purchased an aftermarket mirror to replace their mirror for their x3, or in general from this brand? They seem to be the ONLY company that manufactures an OE replica for the x3...

btw, it is a base 28i model, no puddle lights, no electro chromatic, manual folding.

I'm also assuming this comes with the entire mirror including the glass.

I plan to order it tonight or tomorrow so hopefully someone with experience can chime in on this.

Thanks!!
l2iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
l2iceman
1st Gear Newbie

**update**

I just got a call from a local junkyard(left my number with pretty much all the major ones in the city) and they have a 2004 x3 black mirror with same options(manual folding, power/heated), is the 2004 the exact same mirror as the 2010? Thanks!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
l2iceman
1st Gear Newbie

so the Kool Vue mirror is no good...they sent a smaller mirror, turns out Kool Vue doesn't manufacture a mirror for the x3...so the online store we ordered from is refunding me for it...can anyone confirm if the body/mirro for 2004 x3 is the exact same as the 2010? assuming same options...
Old 01-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
sski
2nd Gear Member

Did you try Mike at Maranello? Tell him you're on MaxBimmer.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
blue dragon
duh!

Based on http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...36&hg=51&fg=07
Your part number is 51167264098
Tischer bmw http://www.getbmwparts.com has it for $202.76 US. Shipping to Canada is $35 US for USPS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: