Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #46
Mpellizze30
2nd Gear Member

i found the front bumper and tail wing but there stupid expensive brand new, looking for used parts
Old 11-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #47
Mpellizze30
2nd Gear Member

ok time for an update
Picked up a shell finally after a long summer of looking! the car was hit on the passenger side but left no structural damage. The link to the car is here, http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=172793
I met a guy who imported this shell and never did anything with it but punch out the rear fender and take the door and front fender off. Fortunatly this car has only 1 major rust spot behing the front passenger wheel where it was hit which i think is why is rusting

i have so far purchased front and rear m3 evo2 bumpers, Evo3 rear spoiler, fender, luck had it that i had a door and hood in stock, front rebar, new front grill, passenger side skirt, and a new diff.

Parts im using from my car include motor, tranny, driveshaft, front seats (e36), door cards, strut and sway bars,

parts still to come include e36 m3 subframe, GC coils, style 5 wheels, motor mounts and various interior parts

Im debating weather to acid dip the whole thing which is 3000 to ship it, have it done and ship it back, or to have it hand sanded which will cost much less.
My concern with the dip is not getting it all off before paint.

Ill keep updating as i go

cheers

Mike
Old 11-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #48
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Wow, you have your work cut out for you with this shell. I remember asking the guy on r3v how much for the car, but he wanted way too much for a non rolling shell.

Why not buy that white roller on S14 instead of continuing on with this shell? Seems like a lot less work.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #49
njansenv
3rd Gear Member

E36 subframe? Does that work?

Gone: '99 M3 vert, '98 M3 sedan, '91 E30, '89 E30, '87 E30, '91 Euro M5, '93 6-speed Corvette, STI v8 swapped '98 Impreza, '73 2002, 2004 325iT
njansenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #50
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
^ Probably not. The motor mount tabs are on the backside of the subframe instead of the front. That probably would place the motor too far back even if it did fit.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #51
Mpellizze30
2nd Gear Member

the white one is a track car. I almost bought it but he convinced me it cannot be returned to a road car with full interior hes chopped alot of stuff aswell. Plus i want black not white and brampton was closer then nashville! The worst part is the rear fender everything els is cosmetic and ive already got the body parts brand new oem. The fellow i bought it from almost punched it all out its really just minor body work and paint. Its definitely a lot of work but in 4 months of hard looking i found 2 shells and decided on this one.

Last edited by Mpellizze30; 11-23-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Mpellizze30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #52
Mpellizze30
2nd Gear Member

im leaving the subframe in the hands of the mechanic he told me he was guna use e36 stuff and gc makes a coilover for this setup specifically so it must work!
Old 11-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #53
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpellizze30 View Post
im leaving the subframe in the hands of the mechanic he told me he was guna use e36 stuff and gc makes a coilover for this setup specifically so it must work!
Must be front sub frame
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #54
Mpellizze30
2nd Gear Member

maybe i really have no idea, when its done i will report what was used for what
Old 12-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #55
Mpellizze30
2nd Gear Member

I cant believe it but i found a e30 m3 subframe in pretty good shape with suspension and brakes!
Old 12-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #56
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Props to you for taking on this project! Keep us posted with the progress...with pics!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #57
Mpellizze30
2nd Gear Member

Got the subframe with bilstein shocks and h&r springs( good enough for now!) and stock e30 m3 brakes which wont be on there very long. I got brand new 17" oem style 5 wheels and some nice dunlop rubbers. The plan is get it rolling and roll it next door to the body shop. This could be a lengthy process.....

I have a front wilwood bbk from my 325 that i was going to sell but im hoping to change the hats on the discs to work with the 5 bolt. I also have a front set of stock e46 m3 brakes that i was told dont fit but my mechanic wants to play around with both and see what he can come up with.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #58
Mpellizze30
2nd Gear Member

Also; I got to put the shell on a lift and i went through the car with the body guy. He definatly has his work cut out for him but hes on board to do it properly! he also showed me a few nice classics hes restoring, a brand new porsche he just painted and a nice sti that i wish i remembered what edition it was but its super rare. Hes using this epoxy based primer that sounds bombproof and he eased my worries on the water based paints!
Im torn between jet black and diamond schwartz metallic, im trying to do a m3 evo replica which were only available in jet black but i think i like diamond schwartz better.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #59
Mpellizze30
2nd Gear Member

The subframes been reinforced all bushings replaced and it's off to get powder coated. I orderd ground controlled camber kit and turners aluminum rear shock mounts. Wheels are mounted and balanced on the tires. And I got a stage2 clutch kit with lightweight flywheel from Sachs and jb through turner. My old clutch had been redone and didn't have 2 bolts that matchd absolutely hackd up worn unevenly

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: