Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #46
Havok_2011
Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
that false sense of security goes a long way..... you might be surprised.

and back to enforcing things...there isnt anything to enforce...even if people got shot there everyday. theres no law saying they have to have cameras.

cctv camera quality doesnt get you far to catching people despite what csi may have taught you. youd more than likely end up with some pixelated video of the event.

the expense for a cctv set up is out of their own pocket.... for things outside im sure they just dont care. people are cheap/lazy and cctv set ups/installs are generally expensive.
Yes I understand there is no law enforcing the installation of cameras, I am referring to the logistic situation involved with owning a business in a sketchy / violent neighborhood.

I also understand that it can be costly to install proper cameras. Though I love CSI (lol), ill stick to reality and reference my work experience at Sick Kids Hospital for over ten years. They have cameras everywhere, and they can track and find anyone doing anything suspicious. I can't even tell you how many lives those camera's have saved. Granted Sick Kids Hospital has a crazy amount of money flowing into them for this kind of stuff.

Regardless, if I owned a store in a sketchy neighborhood, I would invest in security camera's. My office in Yorkville installed a digital camera at the lobby of our elevator that is wireless and transmits a feed to our admins computer several floors above. Crisp, clean, and only a few hundred bucks.

McDonald's can afford a proper security camera setup in their locations of questionable safety....we aren't talking about a mom & pop shop that can barely survive. McDonald's made over 5 billion globally in revenue per quarter in 2010.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:34 AM   #47
nitescream
1st Gear Newbie

I have had somebody act a fool years ago by trying to run me off the road for the sake of just being stupid cause he had people with him.

I just took down the plate number and went to self service kiosk that MTO has set up in malls. I pretend like I needed to renew the sticker for that plate and then it will ask you to verify address that the system has.

So I wrote down address shown on screen and showed the guys house 2 weeks later! I knocked on the door and confronted him after I spent few mins with his car first!! Lets just say that car NEVER will run again when I was done with my wire cutters.

That is when I was 17. Now that I am older and career driven I wouldnt want to risk my future!

ONE thing I learned is that revenge is AWESOME because getting even just is not enough!!
nitescream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #48
paddyhong
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon.e View Post
Thats why i keep a louisville slugger always behind my seat, no one touches a mad man with a bat..
Please do remember to bring an actual baseball or even a tennis ball. They'll give you headaches if you've had a previous record of using a weapon resulting in bodily harm. If you have a ball, they can't say jack. And you don't even have to have a prior record. If you're in the area of a fight at the time, they'll give you unnecessary grief over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony_prelude View Post
Sorry to hear about your ordeal, as i know i would have flipped a conary and probably even attempt to use my car a weapon... just saying....
Can you actually do that and get away with it? Do you say something along the lines of, 'I felt my life was threatened and I used my vehicle for self defense'? They are drunk though so wouldn't that be excessive force? I've heard of that happening to people that defended themselves. I can see this happening to people that have their SmartServe.

OP, I feel for ya man. It's like coming out to fresh damage on your car after your errands. Also, since it's private property, can't you sue the property owner for something? Like, if you slip and fell on their property, you could sue them for compensation. There might be something that you can sue them for your car. Any lawyers in the house?

p@dDy
paddyhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #49
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dis-gon-b-gud.jpg (6.0 KB, 124 views)
BMWdouche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #50
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

lol @ few hundred for a crisp, clean wireless camera... ok.
i used to install this crap. its pricey as hell and you definitely got to pay to play.
just look at all the bank robbery screen caps ... typically they are terrible..for a whole host of reasons. (cost being one of them)
doesnt matter what mcdicks made globally last yr.... or even where their location is.people are cheap and lazy,and dont care....and dumb in a lot of cases.

totally agreed on it not being costly once the owner gets jumped.

Last edited by SiR; 01-04-2012 at 02:19 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #51
Havok_2011
Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
lol @ few hundred for a crisp, clean wireless camera... ok.
i used to install this crap. its pricey as hell and you definitely got to pay to play.
just look at all the bank robbery screen caps ... typically they are terrible..for a whole host of reasons. (cost being one of them)
doesnt matter what mcdicks made globally last yr.... or even where their location is.people are cheap and lazy,and dont care....and dumb in a lot of cases.

totally agreed on it not being costly once the owner gets jumped.
Im going to jump Mcdicks owner so he buys a camera....

Wait....that sounds wrong....
Old 01-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #52
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
Im going to jump Mcdicks owner so he buys a camera....

Wait....that sounds wrong....
Dude thats a pity that you were screwed over like that. That's a nice 335!

(P.S - I was the guy in the black E90 with the gunmetal CSL Wheels that yelled out to you as I drove by at Mosport DDT earlier in the summer when that Skyline crashed - I didn't know your name so I just yelled "HAVOK!!" hahahaha)

I would recognize those plates and that stripe anywhere!
Old 01-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #53
Havok_2011
Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWdouche View Post
Dude thats a pity that you were screwed over like that. That's a nice 335!

(P.S - I was the guy in the black E90 with the gunmetal CSL Wheels that yelled out to you as I drove by at Mosport DDT earlier in the summer when that Skyline crashed - I didn't know your name so I just yelled "HAVOK!!" hahahaha)

I would recognize those plates and that stripe anywhere!
lol, yeah I remember you...you have a sweet ride

My car is a 328i with an AA tune, performance quad exhaust and other a few other mods....its not quick like a 335i, but still lots of fun on the track.

It's all good, I am getting a few quotations to pop the dent back out, so things will be fine. It was just an aggravating night to say the least.

Hopefully I see you at the next track meet
Old 01-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #54
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
lol, yeah I remember you...you have a sweet ride

My car is a 328i with an AA tune, performance quad exhaust and other a few other mods....its not quick like a 335i, but still lots of fun on the track.

It's all good, I am getting a few quotations to pop the dent back out, so things will be fine. It was just an aggravating night to say the least.

Hopefully I see you at the next track meet
Ah... those quads definitely fooled me! I just did a muffler delete not too long ago with some thicker stainless steel piping to new 3" polished dual tips with some small intake mods (Cybas scoops, K&N Drop in and Charcoal delete) and the Performance SSK. Had I known you had a 328, we would've definitely had some fun on the track! Still debating whether or not to do the AA Tune? Could you PM me details on where you got it done and how you're liking it?
Old 01-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #55
Havok_2011
Architect

Quote:
Ah... those quads definitely fooled me! I just did a muffler delete not too long ago with some thicker stainless steel piping to new 3" polished dual tips with some small intake mods (Cybas scoops, K&N Drop in and Charcoal delete) and the Performance SSK. Had I known you had a 328, we would've definitely had some fun on the track! Still debating whether or not to do the AA Tune? Could you PM me details on where you got it done and how you're liking it?
Yeah the quads and the fact that I removed the 328i from the rear trunk often fools people....that is until I pop the hood open haha

No problem, ill send you a pm later this evening about the tune, i'm just logging in at work right now....bad habit
Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #56
Havok_2011
Architect

Quote:
Still debating whether or not to do the AA Tune? Could you PM me details on where you got it done and how you're liking it?
You should have THREE pm's in your inbox. AA Tune Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 lol. Sorry it was a long message haha.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: