Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #61
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
sirex, you need a gf.... just sayin'. Maybe then you'll stop trolling in a BMW Forum in the OT section. Have you even owned a BMW or ride anything another then a peddle bike?

Nope. Never owned a BMW. Think I'll probably buy a house before I buy a BMW. But thats why I am on these forums, can always dream about a M series. If I get a pay raise to like 100gs then maybe, but I don't see that happening for a little while.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #62
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Again let me make it very clear, I've not made the argument for putting loud pipes on your bike simply for safeties sake. I said having them increases your likelihood to be heard and thus, noticed by drivers and that to me justifies their annoyance. People who ride like assholes through residential area's are just that, assholes.
Look, buy this logic, they should also be wearing hats with strobe lights on them, have 10' foot poles with flood lights on the ends, and be playing circus music at 120db as they ride. Yes, that will increase their visibility, so why not????

You have to make choices ... riding a bike is your choice to be on a death-trap. Is does not give you the right to **** with my quiet porch lounging.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #63
dcramer
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I have to agree. I don't think you get to justify the annoyance, as you are the alleged beneficiary of the noise.
dcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:39 AM   #64
paddyhong
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Nope. Never owned a BMW. Think I'll probably buy a house before I buy a BMW. But thats why I am on these forums, can always dream about a M series. If I get a pay raise to like 100gs then maybe, but I don't see that happening for a little while.
You don't need 100k annual salary to own a BMW. I got set straight by the maXbimmer members regarding that topic already.

For a PC game, I usually tell users like you to uninstall the game. For this instance, just delete your account.

p@dDy
paddyhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #65
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

10K posts and never having owned a Bimmer? I don't know the guy and barely skimmed this thread, but I for one will double check any advice I receive on this forum henceforth.
BMWdouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #66
cormier
6th Gear Member

^^ lmao for sure 10k posts and you don't already know most of us are driving beamers valued under 10k and are not multi millionaires? This has got to be a joke

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #67
calegrant
6th Gear Member

But guys...it'z a discussion forum!!!1

brb going to a random forum for a car I don't own, make a username and spend a decade posting there and STILL not own one of the cars relevant to the forum.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #68
cormier
6th Gear Member

Wow good point I never thought of it like that! Thx for the enlightenment

Old 01-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #69
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyhong View Post
You don't need 100k annual salary to own a BMW. I got set straight by the maXbimmer members regarding that topic already.

p@dDy

Why do I post on a BMW forum?:

a) I dont post on any technical issues, but I read general/new threads about BMW stuff.

b) I like BMWs and considering buying one in the very near future.

c) The off-topic section is fun

d) My aunt works for BMW in a very, very high up position in the USA. Every time I go to the states to see her, she lets me rip it up around town.

e) Did I mention I like BMWs?

Don't see why I need to defend whether or not I own a BMW. This is an ethusiaste website, its for BMW owners and lovers alike.

Lastly, while you don't need 100K salary to have a BMW, personally I believe go big or go home. I am not going to buy a peice of shit 318 from 1992 just to say I drive a BMW.

I want an M3, or an M5 and when my salary and point in life allows me to purchase such toys, I will.

Last edited by sirex; 01-04-2012 at 05:45 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #70
cormier
6th Gear Member

But if you bought a CLEAN 318 from 1992 instead of a piece of shit you'd probably be a happy BMW owner and learn to drive it and love it. People who count Ms as the only worthwhile beamers are pretty shallow

I digress. Regardless, 10k posts is a bit ridiculous lol go get a warm up Beamer

Old 01-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #71
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post
But if you bought a CLEAN 318 from 1992 instead of a piece of shit you'd probably be a happy BMW owner and learn to drive it and love it. People who count Ms as the only worthwhile beamers are pretty shallow
I'd rather bang the model than her fat friend.

Quote:
I digress. Regardless, 10k posts is a bit ridiculous lol go get a warm up Beamer
LoL I've averaged less than 1,000 posts a year, and I've made like 20 in this thread alone, from single sentence answers, to 1 word answers.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #72
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Sirex, your last post makes me wonder if you understand what being an enthusiast actually entails. Also, by your logic, you rather remain a virgin waiting for a model than get booty all the time.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #73
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
Sirex, your last post makes me wonder if you understand what being an enthusiast actually entails.
enlighten me, what does it entail.

heres the definition by the way:

en·thu·si·ast

noun
a person who is filled with enthusiasm for some principle, pursuit, etc.; a person of ardent zeal: a sports enthusiast.

a religious visionary or fanatic.

Synonyms
1. zealot, devotee, fan.

oh damn

Quote:
Also, by your logic, you rather remain a virgin waiting for a model than get booty all the time.
Id rather take the vw for the same price thats more reliable and newer e.g. by my logic Ill take a 7 or an 8 if I cant get a 10.

Last edited by sirex; 01-04-2012 at 09:01 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #74
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Nevermind, you got it all figured out.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #75
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Argue definitions all you'd like, enthusiasts actually participate in the culture and get their hands dirty. Calling yourself a BMW enthusiast when you have a rusted out VW (do you even own it?) and think anything but an M car isn't of enough quality for you is a laugh. Keep padding those posts sirex, maybe you'll be able to buy a car with a high post count.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: