Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
sirex
King Sirex

Whats with the new look???

In the last year I've noticed a trend.... The trend is that all these big corporations with websites are changing/redoing their websites.

They are changing their websites that use to be so practical and easy to follow, into these new retarded looking things.

Example:

TD Canada trust; Easy Web banking.
It use to be a very clean easy to navigate website. The shading of the website was perfect to the TD brand image. Now it's this giant white blob shit with green in between to fill the cracks.
Before the site was more intuitive. It still is now, however the feel of the site is not as "tight" as it was before. It was alot easier to navigate.

ScotiaBank online banking:
What the ****? What a disaster this is. This is the most retarded design I have ever seen in my life. They went from a great looking website that was super easy to navigate and understand. And now the site is a giant white blob with no character and some red spots in between to show off that ScotiaBank is red. On top of that the online banking itself has become a stupid mess.

Google:
I am so mad at google right now. **** you google. I loved Gmail, but now with these new look I am pretty pissed off. I don't ****ing understand how you take something so good and **** it up. Google has followed suit with these other mega corps. A big white BLOB ****ing mess.
The worst thing about the new google thing is that theyve relabeled all the buttons to be pictures without text. So now I have to scan the pictures to figure out which each one does.... Okay not that fcuking complicated, but still its stupid. I am not 5 years old. I want practicality not retardedness.

The biggest tthing that pisssed me off about gmail and google is that they made the stupid emails have NO CONTRAST. So I have no ****ing idea which email is read and which isn't.

What a joke.

Who does this shit? Does the CEO at the top wake up one day and say "lets make my customers lives miserable and spent 5 million dollars to redo our website...you know it was really practical and the best in the market before but lets re do it."

FML.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
davericher20
black and blue

probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

yup, megavideo is another one. welcome to site redesign fail 2011
Old 12-17-2011, 02:06 AM   #4
DAM
Trinational 951

Failing is the new winning. Look at RIM.

As long as they don't change Outlook
Old 12-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
sirex
King Sirex

I can't see Microsoft ****ing up this bad because the one thing about Microsoft, most of the shit they've ever released or done has IMPROVED upon the preceeding product. Look at Windows phone, Windows, Office suite. Say what you want, but their shit is easy to use, intuitive and each re-release you get something that adds to efficiency.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
FelixT
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to FelixT
BMO too..! took me awhile to get use to it!. too much flash, add-ins, adobe stuff....
FelixT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:09 AM   #7
gnome
on the roam

Add the Sympatico home page to the list of poorly re-done sites. Used to look clean and easy to navigate, now it looks like some kid put this together. And overall the site is plagued with typos and missing links.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:26 AM   #8
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
In the last year I've noticed a trend.... The trend is that all these big corporations with websites are changing/redoing their websites.

Example:

TD Canada trust; Easy Web banking.
It use to be a very clean easy to navigate website. The shading of the website was perfect to the TD brand image. Now it's this giant white blob shit with green in between to fill the cracks.
Before the site was more intuitive. It still is now, however the feel of the site is not as "tight" as it was before. It was alot easier to navigate.

Google:

The biggest tthing that pisssed me off about gmail and google is that they made the stupid emails have NO CONTRAST. So I have no ****ing idea which email is read and which isn't.

What a joke.
I'm not sure which easy web you're using but the layout of easy web hasn't really changed since I've been using it (about 4 years), they just updated the colour scheme to make it look brighter. What don't you like about the layout in the attached image? Make a payment, make a transfer, account information... it's all there either in the quick links bar on the side or along the header.

I was sort of pissed when they changed gmail but after a couple days I found it to be fine. Not sure why you're complaining about the contrast. In every colour scheme emails you haven't read the row shading is different and the text is bold. There's even a high contrast theme which is pretty much what the default theme was before they changed it.

With regards to the picture thing, it's not a big surprise. I remember when office 2007 came out and everyone at work was pissed because they couldn't find anything because there was this new tab bar and it was all pictures rather than text. Now most people love it because the most used tools are a click away rather than buried in a menu.

The only website that pisses me off is facebook. They are constantly changing it, these days it doesn't stay the same for more than 6 months. It's pretty much just the result of people working for facebook making work for themselves so they can keep their jobs. They got this new timeline thing coming out now that is going to completely change your profile design...again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TD.jpg (133.3 KB, 132 views)
Old 12-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

^^Ditto about TD site. I didn't notice any change and have been using it since it's inception, so long I can't even remember....

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
sirex
King Sirex

Not sure how you havent noticed the TD website or if you even read my post to be honest, I've been using easy web for 7 years now, its been changed for a little over a year now.

TD is the only one that didn't overly screw up their navigation features. However they did change the colour scheme with the white/green overlay, background, etc.

I dont have any old screeners to show you, however it was much nicer and not as blinding before...

As for gmail, I couldn';t find said high contrast theme.
edit - found it. thats better. still not much of a difference between old gmail and new gmail - not an improvement.

Last edited by sirex; 12-20-2011 at 06:32 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #11
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
all you people sound old.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #12
sirex
King Sirex

naw just bored
Old 12-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #13
Lercs
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
I can't see Microsoft ****ing up this bad because the one thing about Microsoft, most of the shit they've ever released or done has IMPROVED upon the preceeding product. Look at Windows phone, Windows, Office suite. Say what you want, but their shit is easy to use, intuitive and each re-release you get something that adds to efficiency.
Did you really upgrade from Office 2003 to Office 2007 and think it was an improvement?

Good Mr. File menu, I know you have been around since the dawn of GUIs but we here at Microsoft feel that pictures in retarded tabs can replace you.
p.s. we are not going to put all the buttons in the tabs, so the only way you can access it is to add it to the tiny picture bar.
Lercs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #14
325isdan
5th Gear Member

My guess is they are changing everything to pictures from words is that most people cannot read these days but can recognize symbols.

I still am a fan of Windows 3.1 format.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: