Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Classics
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #391
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Maluco View Post
What if we were to drive cross country and attend this? That would be a crazy experience!
I will definitely be down for this! I don't care what car I take, as long as it gets me there. I'll walk, swim, whatever I have to do to get there. Those events are only once or twice in a lifetime. I just hope that BMW AG will support this event along with Mobile Tradition as they did in 96 when they brought a bunch of cars.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #392
///Maluco
5erholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
I will definitely be down for this! I don't care what car I take, as long as it gets me there. I'll walk, swim, whatever I have to do to get there. Those events are only once or twice in a lifetime. I just hope that BMW AG will support this event along with Mobile Tradition as they did in 96 when they brought a bunch of cars.
4,400kms from TO to Salinas, CA, approx. 2.5-3 days of driving = One epic journey!

then we do it all over again to come back home

adding to bucket list right now....

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #393
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Maluco View Post
4,400kms from TO to Salinas, CA, approx. 2.5-3 days of driving = One epic journey!

then we do it all over again to come back home

adding to bucket list right now....
I would also be interested in this. Depends on what my work situation is obviously, but I would definitely take week off work to do something like this.

To make the trip in 3 days your talking at least 12 hours of driving each day.

I'd also need to have a more suitable GT car as my current (hard as rock) suspension set-up is not for a trip like this. I'm planning on having a proper DD car by then anyway.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #394
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
I would also be interested in this. Depends on what my work situation is obviously, but I would definitely take week off work to do something like this.

To make the trip in 3 days your talking at least 12 hours of driving each day.

I'd also need to have a more suitable GT car as my current (hard as rock) suspension set-up is not for a trip like this. I'm planning on having a proper DD car by then anyway.
As much as I love my E46 as a smooth comfy quiet daily, theres no way in hell I'd take that over the '02 for an event like this. Rollcage and hard suspension be damned! Common dude!!! E30 all the way! Just jack the coils up, shocks set on soft, bring a crap set of wheels to roll on for highway useage and ball it up in masking tape if it makes you fret that much!

Lets see if this event even pans out lol. It will only be announced officially near or after the 2012 event is finished...

Old 12-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #395
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
As much as I love my E46 as a smooth comfy quiet daily, theres no way in hell I'd take that over the '02 for an event like this. Rollcage and hard suspension be damned! Common dude!!! E30 all the way! Just jack the coils up, shocks set on soft, bring a crap set of wheels to roll on for highway useage and ball it up in masking tape if it makes you fret that much!

Lets see if this event even pans out lol. It will only be announced officially near or after the 2012 event is finished...
Are you talking about showing your car at the event? I thought it would just be show up and look at sweet cars sort of thing. If I was showing a car, then yeah I'd want to bring something boss.

... and who says my DD in a couple years won't be a sweet vintage ride? I've been wanting to get into an E21...
Old 12-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #396
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Are you talking about showing your car at the event? I thought it would just be show up and look at sweet cars sort of thing. If I was showing a car, then yeah I'd want to bring something boss.

... and who says my DD in a couple years won't be a sweet vintage ride? I've been wanting to get into an E21...
Yeah man, I always have gone to events, and even if there wasn't a show or something, so many times I thought 'damn I wish I had my E30 with me'... Just being somewhere, it is nice to 'fit in' so to speak.

E21?! I like where this is going! (not sure if that is a suitable GT tho )

Old 12-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #397
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
E21?! I like where this is going! (not sure if that is a suitable GT tho )
It would be more suitable than my E30 in it's current state lol.
But yeah, eventually I want to pick up an older BMW in clean condition and keep it that way but at the same time still drive it and enjoy it. I really like the way this guys car looks/sits. I definitely think I'd need to get one with the slim euro bumpers.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #398
DIY
Permanently Dirty

Droooool, oh man that things awesome, all it needs is the tires to fit properly, and if were talking about one days... I'll bring my m3, e30 of course
DIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #399
cormier
6th Gear Member

+ my ///M6

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #400
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY View Post
Droooool, oh man that things awesome, all it needs is the tires to fit properly, and if were talking about one days... I'll bring my m3, e30 of course
Tires are like that so the car can go lower. Stretch is pretty much the only way to get low with wider rims. I agree with you though, I'd rather have some meaty tires... that's why I'm thinking of getting some 225's for my 15x7 rims for next year.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #401
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Tires are like that so the car can go lower. Stretch is pretty much the only way to get low with wider rims. I agree with you though, I'd rather have some meaty tires... that's why I'm thinking of getting some 225's for my 15x7 rims for next year.
Gonna get my 225s mounted on my 15x8s today! We shall see how beefy that looks

Old 12-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #402
///Maluco
5erholic

Quote:
Gonna get my 225s mounted on my 15x8s today! We shall see how beefy that looks
ohhhh yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #403
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Well.. I'm a bit disappointed. Turns out Nitto NT01 205/50s are REALLY wide (which I already knew).... but the 225/45s are pretty much THE SAME!?!!! WTF. There is less than 10mm difference between the two in terms of tread width. That sucks. Pretty much, not worth the extra dollars spent. Oh well!

Unfortunately I can't show you guys a pic of what they look like side by side because my phone has been a douche all week and I think today it finally gave up the ghost.

Thanks goes out to Steve for mounting them for me on his fancy machine! Finally, a machine that doesn't scratch wheels! Whoohooo!

Quote:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z45/m42power/color/_MG_8369_edit-1.jpg

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagam...works/e216.jpg
BTW, I love this car. I think the single headlights are what makes it. Never really was a fan of the dual headlights on E21s.

Last edited by craz azn; 12-15-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:48 AM   #404
DIY
Permanently Dirty

[quote=craz azn;1539550
Thanks goes out to Steve for mounting them for me on his fancy machine! Finally, a machine that doesn't scratch wheels! Whoohooo!
[/QUOTE]

Oh so it is the machines fault?!, so every time I got my tires swapped it wasn't the douchbag who did it? Hurry and send us pics and Lol I'm kiddin I know its their fault
DIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #405
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
BTW, I love this car. I think the single headlights are what makes it. Never really was a fan of the dual headlights on E21s.
Yes, single headlights look great. I also wouldn't mind having an old turbo brick with the single headlights.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: