Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #31
damameke
6th Gear Member

Tougher law do work, look at Singapore and I believe Malaysia has tough law too especially with drug trafficking.

drug dealer - hung and this law was implemented
I believed in the 70 and smugglers will bypass the Singapore airport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misuse_...Act_(Singapore)

vandalise a car - caught - cane: well known case in 1975

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay

Littering the street in Singapore; pays a hefty fine and the litterbugs are made to wear bright jackets, and sometimes, the local media are invited to cover the public spectacle.

http://www.expatsingapore.com/content/view/1376

so is bill C10 good for Canada?, I dunno but I guess time will tell, there is always some tinkering down the road .....
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #32
South
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
The cartels in Mexico have no choice based on geography.

As for junior, why not dyodd and prove me wrong, ahhhh the old twist.
I did prove you wrong, 2nd page post with red writing. All you did was respond with a post with more of your "facts" which serves to only expand your 1-3 basis for justification to 1-6. Still waiting for first 3.
South is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:21 AM   #33
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
I did prove you wrong, 2nd page post with red writing. All you did was respond with a post with more of your "facts" which serves to only expand your 1-3 basis for justification to 1-6. Still waiting for first 3.
Wait, hold up, back up the bus, take my calls, you PROVED me wrong by highlighting?

LMAO yet I have to go find studies for you to prove my statements, kid you're too much, I bet your mom loves having you around, probably keeps her smiling.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:24 AM   #34
South
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
Tougher law do work, look at Singapore and I believe Malaysia has tough law too especially with drug trafficking.

drug dealer - hung and this law was implemented
I believed in the 70 and smugglers will bypass the Singapore airport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misuse_...Act_(Singapore)

vandalise a car - caught - cane: well known case in 1975

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay

Littering the street in Singapore; pays a hefty fine and the litterbugs are made to wear bright jackets, and sometimes, the local media are invited to cover the public spectacle.

http://www.expatsingapore.com/content/view/1376

so is bill C10 good for Canada?, I dunno but I guess time will tell, there is always some tinkering down the road .....

A study carried out by the United Nations Organisation concluded that Singapore has the highest per capita execution indicator in the world, three times higher than Saudi Arabia that follows Singapore on the list and is known worldwide for the strictness of its laws.

http://www.talkingdrugs.org/death-pe...for-drug-use-0

"In Singapore, those accused of gun crime or drug trafficking are sentenced to death. The Misuse Drug Act includes the death penalty for at least 20 drug-related crimes. For example, the mere possession of more than 500 grams of hashish or marijuana is punishable by death. The same applies to the possession of more than 15 grams of hard drugs such as amphetamines or heroin.

The law has been strongly criticised by human rights organisations which say that the act contains provisions that violate the right of presumption of innocence. Under this law, many addicts have been executed for possession of relatively small amounts of drugs.

But despite the severity of the law, drug abuse figures for heroin have showed an upward trend over the past four years. According to figures from the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) of Singapore, 1876 addicts were arrested last year 60% of whom were heroin addicts, while in 2008 46% of 1925 arrests were heroin addicts. The Director of the CNB thinks that one of the reasons that explain the increase in heroin use is the proximity to one of the largest areas where opium is produced, the “Golden Triangle”, an area of 210.000 square miles in the mountains shared by Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand."

Granted it does only mentioned psychically addictive drugs such as heroin, I tried to find more soft drugs and if they have been dropping. Turns out that drug use overall has been dropping but they combat drugs not JUST with penalties but with social programs which is what I am arguing is more effective that penalties. Not to mention that the law Singapore passed is illiberal in the sense it is against our constitution ( part of presumed trafficking). Oh by the way if you want to argue its more the severity of punishment rather than social programs making the difference then be sure to remember it is the death penalty.

I would be more for this bill if they would just focus on society rather than penalties which are far more less effective.

EDIT: forgot source of social programs http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...licy-drugs-bay
"Strong community support against drug abuse has been critical to our fight against drugs. Singapore society resolutely rejects drug abuse. Several voluntary welfare organisations run halfway houses to help recovering addicts adjust back into society. Many employers also come forward to offer reformed drug addicts employment opportunities"
Old 12-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #35
South
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Wait, hold up, back up the bus, take my calls, you PROVED me wrong by highlighting?

LMAO yet I have to go find studies for you to prove my statements, kid you're too much, I bet your mom loves having you around, probably keeps her smiling.
lol your retarded, I mentioned I highlighted for your benefit to find the post that has the list where I gave sources contrary to your 1-3 basis. So yes I did prove you wrong. Your just to lazy to read because you've made up your mind on this long ago, old man? So yes I did find the studies and you sir still have not.

Why don't you just open your mind and shut your mouth, both are empty anyway.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:36 AM   #36
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
lol your retarded, I mentioned I highlighted for your benefit to find the post that has the list where I gave sources contrary to your 1-3 basis. So yes I did prove you wrong. Your just to lazy to read because you've made up your mind on this long ago, old man? So yes I did find the studies and you sir still have not.

Why don't you just open your mind and shut your mouth, both are empty anyway.
Ah see now you got all cranky on me cause it is past your bed time, go kiss mom goodnight and dream of your first times driving alone.... on your mom`s insurance. Btw someone who took 4 years to grasp driving isnt someone Id look to for research.

Leave the big boy talk to men
Old 12-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #37
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Don't worry Blackout95, I for one agree with you. With sirex and South in power, we should all run around with AK47's and shoot up neighborhoods because we wont get punished! Santa please bring me a nuke or something like a grenade launcher so I can come back to T.O. and kill people!.. Just the rich though.

not to bright are we....
Old 12-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #38
sirex
King Sirex

this conversation is too serial for me

Old 12-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #39
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Longer jail sentences and other "negative reinforcement" measures do not reduce crime. This is proven all around the world. It's simple people (and simple governments) pushing for this, and all the data in the world indicates that it's flat out wrong.

Positive reinforcement through rehabilitation is the only thing that statistically helps. It does not affect first-time offenders, but those who complete such programs are much healthier, mentally, and are significantly less likely to repeat an offense. Longer or harsher sentences only further alienate already-wonky people and cause them to re-enter a society that they both do not understand and does not want them around. Instant formula for another conviction.

Either way, Canada should hold no interest in these matters. Crime is extremely low, which is shocking despite the social issues going on. They need to focus on these social problems rather than constantly beefing up laws and adding to the police force. People are poor, have no jobs, are losing services everywhere, and soon no one will be able to afford daycare. Focus on the problem and don't slap a gratuitous band-aid on the one statistic (low crime) we have going for us, Canada.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #40
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
Longer jail sentences and other "negative reinforcement" measures do not reduce crime. This is proven all around the world. It's simple people (and simple governments) pushing for this, and all the data in the world indicates that it's flat out wrong.

Positive reinforcement through rehabilitation is the only thing that statistically helps. It does not affect first-time offenders, but those who complete such programs are much healthier, mentally, and are significantly less likely to repeat an offense. Longer or harsher sentences only further alienate already-wonky people and cause them to re-enter a society that they both do not understand and does not want them around. Instant formula for another conviction.

Either way, Canada should hold no interest in these matters. Crime is extremely low, which is shocking despite the social issues going on. They need to focus on these social problems rather than constantly beefing up laws and adding to the police force. People are poor, have no jobs, are losing services everywhere, and soon no one will be able to afford daycare. Focus on the problem and don't slap a gratuitous band-aid on the one statistic (low crime) we have going for us, Canada.
well said, i wish more people saw it that way and understood it.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #41
South
3rd Gear Member

Maybe someone will get this

Old 12-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #42
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post

Wonderfully said Jay. It's a sad world we live in now. Governments push for things supported by the dumb people (majority) in order to have money, steal money, etc. I think it boils down to everyone being too selfish. No one stands up for the right way of doing things. They just want more money and to go home to their family. Western society is crumbling so fast.

What kind of schooling do politicians go through? Political science? I think a social science degree should be MANDATORY. We should just have scientists running the country, lol.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1993 BMW 525i - daily
1994 BMW 325i - sold
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Last edited by Dr. Flyview; 12-08-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #43
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:

Leave the big boy talk to men
haha - were your biological parents gas huffers? did your adopted parents ever tell you? ~zing

and when was 18% of the vote a 'majority' giving harper a 'mandate' by which to drastically alter the country? i'm surprised the rcmp hasn't 'accidentally' allowed a 'mental patient' into the pm's bedroom (chretien anybody) with more then a plastic butter utensile.

oh thats right i forgot.

Did you really think we want those laws observed? said Dr. Ferris. We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted and you create a nation of law-breakers and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.
('Atlas Shrugged' 1957) {WMail Issue #23}

meanwhile: DEA Cleaning Cartel Cash

December 06, 2011 - The New York Times says that DEA agents launder mexican cartel money to investigate drug cartels. !? lol !?

Old 12-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #44
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...entencing.html

so this woman will be out in 8 years???

messed up how her one son is 29 months old and the other who she killed is 19 months old.

Quote:
"She remains focused only on her own suffering and continues to see her crime — the fact that she is responsible for the death of her own child — as an 'incident' that 'happened' to her. That self-absorption and self-interest is what led to her son's death."
shes a killer with a murderer's mentality and you think people like this should be eligible to be your colleage in 15 years? would you feel right being in a meeting with a prior killer?

its also been a fact that almost all criminals are repeat offenders... ignorant people think other people can be rehabilitated

Last edited by ericdalinda; 12-11-2011 at 09:43 AM.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #45
sirex
King Sirex

LOL you must be joking if you think you'll ever be in a meeting with a prior killer. Once you commit a crime, a serious crime, or even a not so serious crime, your chance of ever getting a job at a reputable company is flushed down the toilet.

You guys must be dreaming if you think these criminals serve their sentence and get out and have unlimited freedoms or some shit and go back to the way it was before having comited any crimes.

No dude, you beat someone up, you steal shit, you murder someone, your life is ruined. You come out of jail you're working for cash as a labourer. No one is going to hire you ever. Thats a fact. Unless you do a complete 360 and really change as a person, you're ****ed.

And if you do do a 360 and change completly I salute you and I would be happy to sit next to you at a meeting.

Last edited by sirex; 12-11-2011 at 11:39 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: