Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Platinum maXbimmer Sponsors > StanceFactory
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Arrow Winter Special: OEM BMW Short Shifter + Bushing Replacement

Sloppy shifters are a used BMW plague. The shifter action when new is crisp, has little side-to-side play, and overall is a pleasure to operate. Over time, the rubber bushings inside of the shifter assembly wear out and you're left with a spoon in a bucket of mayo. Bring the driving pleasure back with our new OEM short shift lever + shifter bushings combo.

The "545i" shift lever is an interesting gem. Dinan was actually purchasing these in bulk and marketing them as their own short shifter - it's that good. Shift throws are significantly reduced in most BMW applications while the feel and effort stay stock-like. Few aftermarket kits manage to balance these traits, and the ones that do cost $299+ USD for the parts alone. Spend less, get a great product with no-excuses OEM quality.

Our special introductory price for this package is $199+HST for most applications. We have combined the most wear-prone bushings with the lever and installation for one easy package deal. Here is what is included:

o OEM BMW E60 Shift Lever
o Oval/Round Bearing Bushing
o Shifter Arm Bearing
o Securing Clips
o Labour

You can also combine this package with other great deals:
Add a transmission fluid change (OEM Pentosin or Redline D4 fluid) or an engine oil service (LL-01 oil & OEM filter) for just $89+HST each.

Here's a few reviews of the shift lever, pulled from forums:

Quote:
Impressions:
I originally purchased the Z3M shifter last year, but sold due to concerns of notchiness and shifting effort. In reading reviews about the E60 shifter as an unbranded Dinan shifter, I was skeptical at how much improvement I would actually notice. After the install you can immediately feel the difference in the throws. The shifts are 100% more crisps (click click click between gears) and the knob sits about 1/2 inch below the OE lever. For the ~$70 I paid for this mod, I was more than pleasantly surprised. The "side to side" slop is eliminated, and the shifts are like butter. The "rubber" feel of the OE lever has been eliminated completely. I was ultimately looking for the shortest throw and shortest knob height, but what this E60 lever delivers is PERFECT. I would have been unhappy with the Z3M. You can't beat this mod for the price. For those who feel that the Dinan counterpart is on the expensive side, I urge you to give this one a try. And when I say the throws are reduced, I'm talking dramatic enough to know you have an SSK while maintaining the OE appeal.
Quote:
Another 545i Short Shifter Review... blown away!

The amount of slop in my 112,000 mile 540i shifter was absolutely awful. It had that long "toilet plunger" feel to it and a ton of back and forth play in neutral and in-gear.

I was a bit skeptical that the 545i shifter and new bushing would solve these problems, but after the install I was blown away!

I also installed the shorter, weighted M-Sport knob and made sure to use a liberal amount of lube on the shifter bushing. The shifting is so firm and precise, it is the only shifter I've felt that is literally like a bolt action rifle. It's much shorter than stock and each shift feels so positive and perfect.

I have a completely solid (metal spherical ball and bushings, all metal no plastic) $200+ shifter on my 2001 Audi S4 and I could only wish it felt as good as this 545i shifter. I know many have said it already, but if you haven't already done this mod, stop waiting and DO IT NOW! It lives up to the hype and so much more.
Call us at 647-889-9554 or email jay@stancefactory.com for appointments and inquiries. Thanks!

@stancejay
Old 12-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
dbworld4k
Addict

If this cures my endless distaste with my current shifter (and you know how often I have complained about the inches of side-to-side play in and out of gear), you have a customer. Here's how bad mine is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1gObF9kcyQ

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black

Last edited by dbworld4k; 12-06-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
Smitty
4th Gear Member

This is highly recommended and totally worthwhile. My E46 sports a Stance Factory-installed 545i shifter and it's easily the most worthwhile mod I've had done in the past few years. Major increase in shift quality.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
ismail
2nd Gear Member

Will this work for an e36?
Old 12-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
Mystikal

Yup! The lever fits almost all manual BMWs and we have the appropriate bushings for each application.

@stancejay
Old 12-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
ismail
2nd Gear Member

Emailed u guys about this!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #7
ismail
2nd Gear Member

Had this done on Friday, and would recommend this to anyone. The shifter on my car had gotten so bad - that it was catching between 2nd and 3rd, and downshifting had become virtually impossible.

The 545i shifter is amazingly short allowing for better feel and more crisp throws.

Had an amazing drive in to work today, really enjoying my car again!

Thank you! Great price too! - the parts alone for even a basic shifter rebuild retail for more than this, hence this is a fantastic value!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
Mystikal

Thank you for the reviews, both Smitty and ismail. It truly is a great upgrade as well as maintenance item.

We have a few more in stock, come and get it before the price climbs!

@stancejay
Old 12-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
Derek
3rd Gear Member

Will text soon as I have grown tired of this POS shifter and i need an Oil change LOL
Old 12-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #10
ritual
1st Gear Newbie

how much longer will this deal last?
Old 12-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #11
Mystikal

Special goes until the end of February or we run out of stock, whichever comes first.

@stancejay
Old 12-31-2011, 10:56 PM   #12
JayR_84
2nd Gear Member

Will this work in an e90 6MT sport?
Old 01-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #13
Mystikal

Yes it would.

@stancejay
Old 01-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #14
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

oh man, debating this so much but car is in storage till winter ends. Selling the kit without install too? I can just pop it in while i wrestle with the rest of my crap
Old 01-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #15
ritual
1st Gear Newbie

^ same situation and interested as well.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: