Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #46
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Campus Police Chief Annette Spicuzza, who claimed Friday that her officers were surrounded and had to use the pepper spray, was placed on administrative leave. Video of the scene did not show officers in peril.
im surprised how many people are advocating the police reaction to this peaceful protest... absolutely mind blowing. EVEN ...hypothetically they had been camped there for weeks... still doesnt excuse the pepper spray. period.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #47
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigIS View Post

This isn't the 60's, there was a lot more going on then.
im not so sure
Old 11-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #48
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post

That didn't take very long at all

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #49
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
im surprised how many people are advocating the police reaction to this peaceful protest... absolutely mind blowing. EVEN ...hypothetically they had been camped there for weeks... still doesnt excuse the pepper spray. period.
"THEY CAN'T CAMP OUT" it's illegal.

I caped and quoted that ^^^ in hopes that someone might actually read it!

If the protesters don't move out on their own accord, and officers can't pick them up, or drag them, the next thing to be done is pepper spray.

Is that actually too hard to comprehend? Are you people actually not reading? Are you just ignoring it to put up an argument?

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #50
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Quote:
im not so sure
I'm talking politics wise. I think things are more complicated these days as well.

If you can prove that there is less going on today, than there was in the 60's; I will accept that.

flickr
Old 11-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #51
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
the next thing to be done is pepper spray.
and there is the disconnect. thats not the next step in anyway. and thats why people are getting in trouble for it.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:01 PM   #52
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
"THEY CAN'T CAMP OUT" it's illegal.

I caped and quoted that ^^^ in hopes that someone might actually read it!

If the protesters don't move out on their own accord, and officers can't pick them up, or drag them, the next thing to be done is pepper spray.

Is that actually too hard to comprehend? Are you people actually not reading? Are you just ignoring it to put up an argument?
Did they even try though? It's hard to know with the edit of the video, but considering that guy was suspended for this incident which you call justifiable I'm gonna go ahead and assume no they didn't.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #53
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I'm talking politics wise. I think things are more complicated these days as well.

If you can prove that there is less going on today, than there was in the 60's; I will accept that.
There are more protest going on today for many reasons...
Greece, Italy austerity protest, Occupy Wall street protest, spread to many countries...in Toronto/BC..

The law/politician will tolerate a peaceful protest but when resident's lives are affected(as in the toronto protest) by this month long protest, it's time to move on peacefully but many a time you have a bunch that will make the
police work for their wages. that's moving them out by force...

If it's in the 60s, there will be dead bodies on the street, remember Kent State...Cambodia protest...

Last edited by damameke; 11-23-2011 at 03:18 PM.
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #54
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

-
Quote:
Police enter Occupy camps in Ottawa, Toronto

Police have moved in on two of Canada's largest protest camps in Toronto and Ottawa this morning.

http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/canada/...ronto/7bb4e5e4

TED: How economic inequality harms societies

Old 11-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #55
South
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
-

TED: How economic inequality harms societies

awesome video, perhaps some people will now change their mind for the validity of OWS

unlikely though because every issue has "two sides to everything" apparently, which to me is another expression for "I am a lazy ignorant person but I want people to think I am objective and fair".

good thing Wilkinson goes into depth of the objectivity and validity of the findings. Maybe those ignorant lazy ****s won't accuse this guy of not seeing the other side.
South is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #56
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
awesome video, perhaps some people will now change their mind for the validity of OWS

unlikely though because every issue has "two sides to everything" apparently, which to me is another expression for "I am a lazy ignorant person but I want people to think I am objective and fair".

good thing Wilkinson goes into depth of the objectivity and validity of the findings. Maybe those ignorant lazy ****s won't accuse this guy of not seeing the other side.
I'm ignorant? Where do you get off saying the things you do? Have I once called you an name, or belittled you? Yet you do that to everyone who doesn't agree with you. I also never said I was completely right, and that you were completely wrong! You on the other hand are 100% correct on every point you make according to yourself! And I'm ignorant, and lazy?

You have the audacity to call others ignorant when you don't know them! You must be some sort of gifted child to be able to determine ones personality, and and integrity; based completely on what they type behind a computer! I try not to judge people based on what they type, but I have made an exception in your case. In my opinion, you are arrogant, ignorant, closed minded, self righteous, self centred, ungrateful fanny boy. If you're not, then prove it.

You bash the Men and Women who are there to protect you when you need it, and who do their job correctly 95% of the time, all you do is take from society. You expect others to take you seriously when you act the way you do? Respect has to be given, to be earned. I respect your opinion, but not you. Don't even try to say you respect my opinion because the way you treat me for voicing mine, shows otherwise.The only thing you are concerned about is yourself, proving your right, and insulting people.

Finally, your not any more better than the cops you put down. You think that these cops are oppressive? What do you think your doing? Being oppressive? Yes. By not accepting that people other than yourself have an opinion, and the right to voice it, and insulting others for no reason. Think about it. Actually you probably won't because you can't even open your mind enough to examine yourself. I know who I am. I'm the kind of person who helps people who I don't know, and will run into a burning building to save even you, and would gladly sacrifice myself so you can treat others the way you treat me.

Feel free to continue putting me, and my opinion (which is what the above is) down, and insulting me because we have varying opinions. I won't be checking this thread anymore because I have wasted enough time being insulted. I'll be doing more productive things, such as fapping.

flickr
Old 11-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #57
South
3rd Gear Member

why so butt hurt? I usually do make bullet proof arguments and counter arguments, carefully cite my sources on which I base my arguments and the whole 9 yards. just look at the history of my posts. Nahhhh I am here to learn the stupidity, racism and justifications people come up with as explanations so when I go to my tutorials and the same issues are brought up I am ready for the stuff people are already going to say. No one comes here to learn, people go to university to learn, but even then its only a few professors who do not take the zen like " there is two sides to everything and I respect your opinion" and who take a firm position on a issue, that you learn from.

Listen you learn history in detail, you will have these big giant dots in your mind full of the most evil shit the police, corporation, (name) government, system, person, religion is capable of and any retard, such as myself apparently hehe, can connect the dots to the conclusion that OWS is justified absolutely. From the position of this arrogant student that has social solidarity you would not have the nerve to be able to criticize information from face value information, and have ignorance of precedence related to the information.

you criticize me justly because I do not bullet proof my arguments and criticisms because I given up finding information that you can find in 5 minutes. Heres one example from your posts where you said that their is the same or more activism today than in the 60s. Literally 5 minutes found http://www.diversityweb.org/digest/s...html.....first google hit of "activism statistics" the rest follow the same theme that there is ALOT less activism today than before-aka pick your source zen master. It just common sense stuff and stuff you can find easily that justifies my classifying you as a person who fires of generic cliches and preaches two sides to lead me to believe you are ignorant.

I reiterate that I may troll by just saying what I say, loosely based on facts I may not go into detail or make the connection to the central issue, because I come for the impression people get from issues. Not to change anyone's mind really LOL......." if by chance I have offended, think but this and all is mended, we as well be 10 minutes back in time, for all the chance you'll change your mind."

off topic but entertaining
South is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #58
sirex
King Sirex

hey when they jack TTC ticket fare up, reduce service, make it impossible for you to do anything other than be a slave to corporate profits maybe then youll understand and maybe then youll see why this shit makes sense.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #59
noid
5th Gear Member

Reality check

Some people ITT need to check the GINI index, doing so will make you realize Canada is achieving 32.1/100 in inequality, meaning Canada's distribution of wealth is very good, and we are relatively equal, placing 35th out of 140 countries. The reality is that they do not represent the 99% nor anywhere nearly close to it.

Last edited by noid; 11-24-2011 at 09:03 PM.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #60
noid
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
hey when they jack TTC ticket fare up, reduce service, make it impossible for you to do anything other than be a slave to corporate profits maybe then youll understand and maybe then youll see why this shit makes sense.
Typical left wing thinking. Supporting public sector services increases taxes, with increased taxes disposable income decreases; this decreases money spent on businesses. If these businesses are selling less, then they can not employ as many people. These people start depending on these social services even more, requiring even more tax dollars, which then creates a vicious cycle of fewer jobs and higher taxes.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: