Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #31
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

So how many people here believe there is more to the beginning of that video that just happened to start 30 sec before them getting pepper sprayed?

Like the cops asking them to leave peacefully or else they will have to use force? I'm actually willing to bet they were given plenty of warnings and time to pack up and move along before being sprayed.

I think it's hilarious that most people here are arrogant enough to think they just rolled up and started spraying people.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #32
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Of course there is more to it, these videos are edited to make the biggest impact on the viewer to sway them towards agreeing with the posters agenda.

I don't think in this circumstance though that you can say the cop was justified based on the possibility of something else happening. More often than not, the cops do escalate their level of force far too quickly as is obvious in this vid.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #33
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

there is obviously more...but that doesnt excuse his behaviour.

peaceful protests like that...theres a reason heads will roll for this
Old 11-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #34
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #35
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Okay, so here is how I understand what happened in the first video:

Students were protesting, and that's okay, even with the Chancellor of the school. Then, just like Wall St. these protestors start to camp out. Now, unless it's a designated are, or has been allowed temporarily, setting up camp in public is illegal. The protestors at UC Davis were asked to leave for the night, and come back the next day, because they weren't allowed to camp over night. To me, that sounds like a fair enough request. The protestors decided that they weren't going to leave, so more security officers were called in to ensure that the protestors vacated the campus until the next day. The protestors decided to have a little sit in. If you have ever had a sit in, which I'm sure most of you haven't, it's hard to move 20 people linked together. That's a lot of weight. Okay, so the protestors won't move like they have been asked to, and the security officers decided that they have to move the protestors. Now One officer deals with the sit in, while the others deal with crowd control (that's why the other officers did nothing), so the about to be angered protestors don't get violent. Next; the spray comes out. Obviously they are going to use the spray rather than batons, and guns on non violent protestors. The amount of spray was used, is probably legal! Yes that's right! I said it! Now you can call me names, or think for a moment! Excessive force is when the officer uses more force than is necessary, or required to subdue, or hault whatever is going on. Did everyone fail to notice that even though a lot of mace was used, the students did not move? To me, that wasn't enough force to remove these protestors.

One more thing. Like I said before, there is two sides to every story. Other people hear realize that, why can't others?

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #36
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Oh yes, I have a friend, who is also on max but I won't say who. This friend worked while in high school, bought his own stuff, drove Mommy and Daddies convertible, then graduated high school. He went to post secondary school, worked, partied did home work, bought a BMW. Then he graduated again, got a job, making less than a lot of people on here probably. He then bought a house, and another BMW.

Apart from the mortgage, he has no debt! What's wrong with the rest of the world that they can work 3 jobs, go to school, and still end up $60,000 in debt, or more? Apparently it only takes some thinking, some common sense, and a bit of effort to achieve what he has.

flickr
Old 11-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #37
South
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Wow arn't you the angsty one, someone has a differing view and all of a sudden he's ignorant to what's really transpiring and has no right or justification in his opinion. More proof of the holier than thou mentality, keep it up buddy. Maybe someday all that frustration will get somewhere for you, more likely you'll just graduate and move on.
differing view I have sure, yet you keep insisting YOU know what is really happening. then again you accuse me of holier than thou mentality.

oh man you are amusing....btw thx for addressing anything I pointed out in the fallacy of your "view".....but yeah its ok, ignore and attack. LOL

no wonder so many students are apathetic to being engaged, too many people like you in this world.
....I clearly showed my logic behind MY view in my response, and the fallacies in yours. Yet you quote all that and say nothing, just attack me. LOLs. Who are trying to fool here?

Last edited by South; 11-22-2011 at 05:44 PM.
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #38
South
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigIS View Post
Okay, so here is how I understand what happened in the first video:

Students were protesting, and that's okay, even with the Chancellor of the school. Then, just like Wall St. these protestors start to camp out. Now, unless it's a designated are, or has been allowed temporarily, setting up camp in public is illegal. The protestors at UC Davis were asked to leave for the night, and come back the next day, because they weren't allowed to camp over night. To me, that sounds like a fair enough request. The protestors decided that they weren't going to leave, so more security officers were called in to ensure that the protestors vacated the campus until the next day. The protestors decided to have a little sit in. If you have ever had a sit in, which I'm sure most of you haven't, it's hard to move 20 people linked together. That's a lot of weight. Okay, so the protestors won't move like they have been asked to, and the security officers decided that they have to move the protestors. Now One officer deals with the sit in, while the others deal with crowd control (that's why the other officers did nothing), so the about to be angered protestors don't get violent. Next; the spray comes out. Obviously they are going to use the spray rather than batons, and guns on non violent protestors. The amount of spray was used, is probably legal! Yes that's right! I said it! Now you can call me names, or think for a moment! Excessive force is when the officer uses more force than is necessary, or required to subdue, or hault whatever is going on. Did everyone fail to notice that even though a lot of mace was used, the students did not move? To me, that wasn't enough force to remove these protestors.

One more thing. Like I said before, there is two sides to every story. Other people hear realize that, why can't others?
sure is legal if the cop is now suspended,

remember doing a sit in is illegal, just like it was in other movements decades ago. Doesn't if they break a law that they get treated like this. But hey its ok if you want to use this incident and say they are two sides then sure......how about the montreal vid, or the hundreds of other OWS incidents...................................what all two sided? which side is stronger to support?

Last edited by South; 11-22-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #39
South
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
So how many people here believe there is more to the beginning of that video that just happened to start 30 sec before them getting pepper sprayed?

Like the cops asking them to leave peacefully or else they will have to use force? I'm actually willing to bet they were given plenty of warnings and time to pack up and move along before being sprayed.

I think it's hilarious that most people here are arrogant enough to think they just rolled up and started spraying people.
no one believes this, its a sitin, you do not shoot people to get rid of them as did the Chinese in Tianem square, and neither do you shoot mace into the faces of students. I think you understand that they are protesting peacefully, something commendable I think.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #40
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
sure is legal if the cop is now suspended,

remember doing a sit in is illegal, just like it was in other movements decades ago. Doesn't if they break a law that they get treated like this. But hey its ok if you want to use this incident and say they are two sides then sure......how about the montreal vid, or the hundreds of other OWS incidents...................................what all two sided? which side is stronger to support?
I'm a little tired of you being stupid about everything! You said yourself that the main issue is the original vid, so why do you go to another vid just to suit yourself?

I never said a sit in was illegal! Effing READ! No this doesn't break the law. re-read my post, go look up some laws. Police and security are allowed to use as much force as is necessary to; in this case, remove the protestors. If the officers can't pick them up, and drag them, the next step is to use mace.

PLEASE READ THIS: It is ILLEGAL to camp on the campus ground over night. The students were doing that. When officers came to make sure the students left before night fall, the protestors did a sit in, instead of complying. By staying there, they were still doing something illegal, not leaving for the night. The officers now can remove them. Like I said before, you can't pick up or drag 20 people, I'm sure it was tired, so the next thing to do is use mace, instead of clubbing someones face in, or shooting them.

flickr
Old 11-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #41
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Quote:
.....I clearly showed my logic behind MY view in my response, and the fallacies in yours. Yet you quote all that and say nothing, just attack me. LOLs. Who are trying to fool here?
I never attacked you. If I recall you attacked me in the first place by calling me names! Shall I quote you?

flickr
Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #42
South
3rd Gear Member

wrong edit
Old 11-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #43
South
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigIS View Post
I'm a little tired of you being stupid about everything! You said yourself that the main issue is the original vid, so why do you go to another vid just to suit yourself?

I never said a sit in was illegal! Effing READ! No this doesn't break the law. re-read my post, go look up some laws. Police and security are allowed to use as much force as is necessary to; in this case, remove the protestors. If the officers can't pick them up, and drag them, the next step is to use mace.

PLEASE READ THIS: It is ILLEGAL to camp on the campus ground over night. The students were doing that. When officers came to make sure the students left before night fall, the protestors did a sit in, instead of complying. By staying there, they were still doing something illegal, not leaving for the night. The officers now can remove them. Like I said before, you can't pick up or drag 20 people, I'm sure it was tired, so the next thing to do is use mace, instead of clubbing someones face in, or shooting them.
no shit its illegal, its a sit in, by definition its illegal..........so yeah if mace doesn't work then what? rubber bullets? guns? tanks?..........not to mention, not sure in this case, but in zucatti park they made new laws to get rid of the protestors such as "illegal to lie down in a park".........
Old 11-22-2011, 06:02 PM   #44
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Quote:
no shit its illegal, its a sit in, by definition its illegal..........so yeah if mace doesn't work then what? rubber bullets? guns? tanks?..........not to mention, not sure in this case, but in zucatti park they made new laws to get rid of the protestors such as "illegal to lie down in a park".........
Sit in's are legal as long as the protestors stay peaceful.

This isn't the 60's, there was a lot more going on then. If mace doesn't work, probably batons, and then mace bullets, then rubber bullets, then water cannons. By that time, the protestors will not have figured out that they should get out of there before major shit goes down. They protestors will get unruly, and violent, and destroy things, then the cops will use other means to control the situation. CS gas will then be used, then bangs and so on.

Basically what I was trying to say a couple posts ago, is that the use of mace is the next evolution after physically moving someone by hand.

flickr
Old 11-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #45
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
differing view I have sure, yet you keep insisting YOU know what is really happening. then again you accuse me of holier than thou mentality.

oh man you are amusing....btw thx for addressing anything I pointed out in the fallacy of your "view".....but yeah its ok, ignore and attack. LOL

no wonder so many students are apathetic to being engaged, too many people like you in this world.
....I clearly showed my logic behind MY view in my response, and the fallacies in yours. Yet you quote all that and say nothing, just attack me. LOLs. Who are trying to fool here?
Please show me where I claim to possess more knowledge than you on the situation? My entire post was merely an opinion of who the protesters are, OPINION. You then go on a rant about how ignorant I am, and then with this latest post claim I'm the arrogant one? All of your counter points were either started or finished with an attempt at insult, yet you expect me to actually make the effort to respond to your individual points? You're a smart guy with valid points I'll give you that, even though many of them contradict my own. When you're able to reply to someone's post (which wasn't directed at you) without trying to belittle them maybe I'll take you seriously, till then you're just proving my suspicions of you being the oh-so-typical arrogant university brat.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: