Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Alcolite
1st Gear Newbie

buying a new BMW, help!

Hey, guys! I'm really new to this site but I'm thinking of purchasing an E92 328xi. There is one i'm looking at in specific. Very nice car, 88k, nav, white on black it looks great! The only problem is that it is an accident repaired car... That worries me a lot. The dealer selling it told me i have nothing to worry about as there was no frame damage, and only the bumper, hood and fenders were damaged and that everything was replaced by BMW parts. The car is 19,500 right now. Anyone have any suggestions on whether this is a good car or not? Also, he gladly offered the suggestion of getting the car inspected by an authorized BMW dealer. Does anyone have any experience with inspections of this sort? How much it would cost, how long would it take and if any and all problems would be noticed and stated? This is not only my first BMW, but also my first car, so it's kind of worrying me with being accident repaired. Come on guys, give me some good news! Thanks
Alcolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the board.

An accident car does not necessarily mean it's bad, however it also can mean many other things. If you know for fact what happened to the car, or know the salesman personally then it may be ok to trust this guy. If you do not know anything about it, then you could definitely send it to BMW to check out for you, however because he states there was no frame damage doesn't automatically make the car sound. There are many other things that can be affected long tems such as rust, more prone to stone chips, leaking window seals, door seals, etc..If i was in your shoes, i wouldn't rush into it. Just keep looking! Patience will bring you something nicer. Good luck.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
Alcolite
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks ! It's very scary buying a car like this, but I have been looking out for an e92 since about August. Just thought this was a really good deal, with the Nav and all. He has pictures of before and after of the exact damage, apparently the pictures are very detailed. I'm taking it on Wednesday to a BMW mechanic to get an inspection, anyone know any that are close to the Steeles-Keele area? Also does anyone know pricing of general inspections?
Alcolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
DimSumE90
2nd Gear Member

I would never buy an accident-ed car, they don't drive straight or perform well anymore IMO.

www.littlebimmer.com
DimSumE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
I wouldn't listen to people making blanket statements on the internet. Take it to a bodyshop you trust, have them look. Its not hard to tell how serious of an accident a car was in.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:03 AM   #6
3x Beemer
4th Gear Member

My car has rebuilt title and I would put it against any non accident car. Car has been flawless. As long as quality, proper repairs have been made you should be ok. Any used car could have issues as one has no control of previous owners. Would you rather have a car that was tracked once a week but never in an accident? Just get any car inspected by a reputable shop such as RMP. $100 now is peanuts tomorrow when stuck with a lemon
3x Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: