Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
dcramer
5th Gear Member

decisions ? Looking down the rabbit hole

So I'm at the point of no return I think...

Putting a roll bar in the car and have seats.

Putting the roll bar in the car means taking the sunroof out. I'm welding the bar in so there's no way to get the cassette out once the bar is welded in.

Any comments on welding vs bolt in bars ?

Going to remove the carpeting and sound deadening.

So if I put seats in getting tires in the car is a PITA

So now need trailer...

Any sage advice at possible saner stop points than above ? Leave seats and sunroof in ?

Almost forgot is the car worth more or less stripped ready to track? I guess it depends on the buyer....

Dave

Last edited by dcramer; 11-18-2011 at 08:41 AM.
dcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Dave,

cage depends on why you are putting it in, are you building a spec track car to run in a series or for added personal safety?

I have seen some cages that are bolt in and offer more safety for lapping, but would not pass tech for race series. so many options out there, if you want to keep the sunroof a removable bolt in cage would problley be the way to go. on the other hand, not many people buying a track car worry about a sunroof, so loosing it will reduce weight.

full cage will not be legal to drive on the street, so a bolt in with removable front bars is the only way to keep it without trailering it too, option is a hitch with a small utility trailer to bring track rims, gas cans, jack, tools ect

as for car worth, yes it all depends on market and buyer
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
dcramer
5th Gear Member

cage depends on why you are putting it in, are you building a spec track car to run in a series or for added personal safety?

I'm putting the cage in for safety. Also to be able to run a better harness.

I have seen some cages that are bolt in and offer more safety for lapping, but would not pass tech for race series. so many options out there, if you want to keep the sunroof a removable bolt in cage would problley be the way to go. on the other hand, not many people buying a track car worry about a sunroof, so loosing it will reduce weight.

Too true

full cage will not be legal to drive on the street,

Didn't know that. Thanks
dcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

full permanent cages can result in more chance of head injuries ( bars hurt with out helmets) you would be amazed how much your head actually bounces around, that's also the difference in DOT and SNELL safety ratings for helmet's, and in the case of getting you out of the car in case of a crash they can inhibit the rescuer in opening the car up or getting in to perform on site medical aid.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: