Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #30
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Some more progress, I finished up changing all the brakes this afternoon. While I was in the back I swapped the shocks and springs for some better condition stuff I had lying around. I didn't tackle the front shocks and springs because the housings are pretty rusty and will most likely be a bitch to take apart. Instead I sourced a better condition set of strut housings to build with the shocks and springs I have and then swap them over. While I was in the back I also patched up a hole in the wheel well that a mouse kept going into and making nests in my trunk...

Pics:

Old rusted shock that wouldn't even rebound when I compressed it...

Sweet hole in wheel well and rotted overflow return cover...

Patched the hole with fibre glass and sprayed on some undercoat

All back together with a slightly less rusted overflow return cover that doesn't fit properly and is held on by 3 out of 8 plastic nuts that use to be there... solid as a rock!

Took it for a quick rip once I got it back together, I didn't have the laptop with me to log it, but I noticed that when I was doing pulls at higher rpm I must have been getting some sort of tach loss, it didn't seem to make the car stumble at all, but I noticed that the needle on the tach was bouncing ( i.e. I'd be at 5000 rpm and it'd bounce from 5000 to 4000 and back). One other weird thing that happened is that the car just shut off while I was driving lol. I think it might have something to do with how my wideband is wired into the relay.

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 11-06-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: