Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
johanthegood
1st Gear Newbie

FS: 1987 325ic Convertible 5 speed

I'm reluctantly putting my car up for sale. Like the title says it is a 1987 325i Convertible 5sp. The colour is Delphin Grey on Light Grey.

The car has 200k miles on it. It's not in mint condition, but it's not run into the ground either. The paint is a little rough but I wouldn't say it needs to be painted immediately either. It needs a polish and compound on the hood and trunk. There are a few rust spots. The worst of it is the passenger side rear wheel arch where a new piece of metal needs to be welded in. The Floors are SOLID. No surprise rust, no bondo.

The top is in alright condition but there are 2 small holes in it but they don't let water in.

The interior is absolutely mint. It has been reupholstered about a year and a half ago and is probably the best thing about the car.

I JUST did the rear subframe bushings about 5k km ago as well as the Centre Support Bearing on the driveshaft.

It has a 4.10 LSD differential that I've put in. On an e30 I think the 4.10 is perfect it's not bad at all on the highway.

Could use an alignment and tie rods.

Was driving it as a daily with no issues, it recently developed a surging under acceleration which is the valve cover gasket. Not an expensive job.

It doesn't have head gasket issue, doesn't blow smoke, no oil in coolant or vice versa. Burns a bit of oil but doesn't drink it either.

I'm moving to Kingston this week so I'd like to see it gone before the weekend but I'm not giving it away for free as I have a place to keep it for the foreseeable future.

Also, I have a great condition hard top which the buyer can opt to purchase as well otherwise I will sell it separately.

Also, have almost all papers and receipts for the car. With the exception of some work I did myself and in that case I probably still have the receipt for the parts and the box.

I'll have some pics up soon hopefully but I am very busy with planning for this move so I'll get them up as soon as I can. In the mean time I have this one picture of it. It looks better in the picture than in real life. If you come see it don't expect a mint car, it's not. But there is no surprises and if you sort out the surging problem you've got a great car that I've done all the major work on.

Price is best offer for now, if someone really catches my attention with an offer I'll let it go. No I won't take 1000 for it.

email me at mmalivuk at gmail.com for fast reply.

johanthegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
Denny
4th Gear Member

PM sent
2006 BMW 330i 6-speed black SOLD
2001 BMW X5 4.4 - Auto - black on black - SOLD
1989 BMW 535i - 5-speed - black -SOLD (kept M30B35/tranny for E30)

1985 BMW 325 E 5-speed (new project)
1987 BMW 325 5-speed - work in progress
http://bmw325e30.blogspot.com/
Part 2 (Supercharger/turbo build)
http://bmw325e30turbo.blogspot.com

Other interests:
http://www.xbox360.com
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/dennymedeiros
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
defaultName
5th Gear Member

How much are you looking to get for it?

I know it says 'best offer' but you must have an idea of what you think it's worth.
defaultName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
IChopCars
aka ROOFLESS

Did you buy this about 2 years ago from my boy who lives at Sherway drive near Dixie/QEW??
Old 08-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
johanthegood
1st Gear Newbie

No, I bought and imported it from Philadelphia.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
The interior on this car is worth 2-3K alone. (Mint, sport, tan leather)

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #7
johanthegood
1st Gear Newbie

bump
Old 10-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #8
johanthegood
1st Gear Newbie

Will take reasonable offers.