Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-14-2011, 01:51 AM   #1
liquidc3lls
1st Gear Newbie

E30 Insurance!

Hey guys, as you can see am new to the forum, I just got my E30, finally found the perfect E30 that i wanted, has 180,000 4 door 325i black clean shell! anywho am really happy that i finally found it after a good search, so i finalized everything, and now am looking for an Insurance Company here ottawa, canada, so i started calling and it seems that almost no company insures a E30, apparently its "too old", Bel-Air wont touch it, and every other insurer are quoting me 4k-6k premiums, the cheapest one way quote i got was $3600, i currently drive a VW jetta its a 07 2.0 and am paying 120$ a month
my driving record is flawless, am 22, with literally nothing on my file not even a parking ticket, ive been driving for about 4 years! my main question and reason for the post, is to find out who are u guys insured with and how much are you paying! because with all honesty i might end up selling the car and go for a E36 insurance is alot cheaper!

Any advice possibly referrals will help, i really dont want to sell this car i love my e30
liquidc3lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:46 AM   #2
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

Dude... you are screwed... you are 22 and still in the "death bracket"... In fact I am surprised you even got $120 on the Jetta! Are you listed under someone else or on your own?

Shop around... or wait til you are 28 years old! :p

Ugo.
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

Are you looking to get collision on your insurance plan? When I was looking a lot of companies told me the same thing that the car is too old. However once I said I just wanted liability and no collision, fire, theft etc. Then my insurer (td Meloche mennox ) were fine to insure it. I am currently paying about 900 per year with year with full coverage and I'm the same age as you with similar driving history from what I read.
frankie591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

you get a pretty damn good discount if you are a university student
Old 10-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

^ This. I go through Meloche Monnex. I pay $120 a month with 1 car accident and I'm 21. Since I am a Carleton student I get their crazy deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411 View Post
just letting this furom [*forum] know
MaxBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #6
liquidc3lls
1st Gear Newbie

thanks alot guys, ive called a few brokers today, Allstate gave me a quote for 178, still waiting on AVIVA broker, heard they are pretty cheap and do insure 1990 bmw, am also going to fill that form from TD meloche monnex and mail it in.....hope it all works out, had a kid today come and look at the car he wants to put "JDM lights" and "body kit" ill pay a kidney for insurance before i sell it to that gatineau kid!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

I drive an 1987 325i, I forgot to say.

I just called up and asked for coverage. This is the number on my paperwork for quotes. 1 877 536 7755

Quote:
Old 10-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
Denny
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidc3lls View Post
thanks alot guys, ive called a few brokers today, Allstate gave me a quote for 178, still waiting on AVIVA broker, heard they are pretty cheap and do insure 1990 bmw, am also going to fill that form from TD meloche monnex and mail it in.....hope it all works out, had a kid today come and look at the car he wants to put "JDM lights" and "body kit" ill pay a kidney for insurance before i sell it to that gatineau kid!
LOL well said.

Here what I did.

1) get appraisal done
2) call AVIVA and tell them you have a appraisal done so you can insure it properly

Actually "Hockeyfan" in this forum can set u up

Look in my blog you will see what I did and the appraisal company I used.(very important the insurance will work with the real appraisers ONLY)
2006 BMW 330i 6-speed black SOLD
2001 BMW X5 4.4 - Auto - black on black - SOLD
1989 BMW 535i - 5-speed - black -SOLD (kept M30B35/tranny for E30)

1985 BMW 325 E 5-speed (new project)
1987 BMW 325 5-speed - work in progress
http://bmw325e30.blogspot.com/
Part 2 (Supercharger/turbo build)
http://bmw325e30turbo.blogspot.com

Other interests:
http://www.xbox360.com
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/dennymedeiros
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
I pay 180 a month for full coverage, 500$ deductible on a 01 M roadster. I'm 24, and my record is sketchy.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #10
liquidc3lls
1st Gear Newbie

thanks alot guys for all ur replies, this is truly a solid community, i called TD Insurance Meloche Monnex, gave all the details and i got a quote for 170$ a month, thats the lowest i got in my endless search, so i went for it got my policy and everything, by the way on the phone, there service is amazing, everything was effortless!
thanks alot guys you have been great i really appreciate it!
am gna go call that kid tmrw morning and tell him its off the market, saved the car from VTEC stickers and tilted plates....pheww

Last edited by liquidc3lls; 10-15-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:50 AM   #11
liquidc3lls
1st Gear Newbie

btw denny i checked ur blog, and i dnt usually say this, but that's a beautiful ride man, knock on wood. one of the best ive seen in ottawa! very clean!
Old 10-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #12
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidc3lls View Post
thanks alot guys for all ur replies, this is truly a solid community, i called TD Insurance Meloche Monnex, gave all the details and i got a quote for 170$ a month, thats the lowest i got in my endless search, so i went for it got my policy and everything, by the way on the phone, there service is amazing, everything was effortless!
thanks alot guys you have been great i really appreciate it!
am gna go call that kid tmrw morning and tell him its off the market, saved the car from VTEC stickers and tilted plates....pheww
Good stuff dude. They're a little more unknown, but I've yet to find better rates.

Quote:
Old 10-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #13
jasonbaek
2nd Gear Member

I seriously gotta try TD Insurance ...apparently they also offer a discount for OCADU students as well
jasonbaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #14
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

Do it, they just dropped my rate to $88/month yesterday for the E30, since the accident dropped off my record and I agreed to move my house insurance over to them.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
ryanjv
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to ryanjv
i'm with the personal insurance and the e30 is 130/month. although i should call because i turn 25 in 2 days and just got married. apparently marriage makes insurance go down since you're not trying to impress anyone anymore?
ryanjv is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: