Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
Colombian
2nd Gear Newbie

here is a crazy kijiji sale on a 1991 8 series ride

here is the post:

[url]http://toronto.kijiji.ca/buy at MAXBIMMER forum !! .......]

the man wants 13000 for it.

i wish I had the cash!!!

*** wow i never taught it will goes this way.... just a nice ride thats becoming rare..... i guess richie s999 is selling his ride...good luck with the sale

Last edited by Colombian; 10-16-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Colombian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
njansenv
3rd Gear Member

There's a much nicer example (IMHO) for much less on the Max forums here...

Gone: '99 M3 vert, '98 M3 sedan, '91 E30, '89 E30, '87 E30, '91 Euro M5, '93 6-speed Corvette, STI v8 swapped '98 Impreza, '73 2002, 2004 325iT
njansenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

There is another 850 for sale by a maxbimmer member, shouldn't promote other peoples ads that aren't members, just as bad as all the people not follow rules about parts for sale, just find it disrecectfull to those paying by the site rules.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Meh, nothing special being white and auto and all.

Much better deals from Japanese imports, I was gonna buy one back in 2007. Black on black, AC Schnitzer parts, dumped on huge 18s....$12K
careless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
There is another 850 for sale by a maxbimmer member, shouldn't promote other peoples ads that aren't members, just as bad as all the people not follow rules about parts for sale, just find it disrecectfull to those paying by the site rules.

The guy isn't parting out a car Rich. He's linking an ad to a car. We do it all the time. Nothing new. And it won't change. I like that this is a free site and it's not run by fascists with draconian rules like "you can't post links from any other sites ever in here unless you pay"
We find good deals, we share them. That's what the community is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
The guy isn't parting out a car Rich. He's linking an ad to a car. We do it all the time. Nothing new. And it won't change. I like that this is a free site and it's not run by fascists with draconian rules like "you can't post links from any other sites ever in here unless you pay"
We find good deals, we share them. That's what the community is about.
I never said anything about paying to post a car for sale, but members who take the time to find and be part of this community should have some privaliage to post ads on the site, and use the site to sell there car, without people posting links to non members adds on other sites. If I want to buy something off another site I go there and look.

And it is not a free site, classified rules only allow 5 parts to be posted a month by a member. Anything above that your supposed to pay to advertise what your paying. I spend $100 a month to be "allowed" to post on a "free" site, where members constantly post outside these rules, or use there sig's to advertise what they have for sale. Not to mention people who PM members who have posted showing intrest in others for sale adds, all with poor support on this by the moderation of this site watching for such postings.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
And it is not a free site, classified rules only allow 5 parts to be posted a month by a member. Anything above that your supposed to pay to advertise what your paying. I spend $100 a month to be "allowed" to post on a "free" site, where members constantly post outside these rules, or use there sig's to advertise what they have for sale. Not to mention people who PM members who have posted showing intrest in others for sale adds, all with poor support on this by the moderation of this site watching for such postings.
IF you are paying $100 a month, you are getting a deal and a half!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #8
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
IF you are paying $100 a month, you are getting a deal and a half!
That's only to be allowed to post in the "for sale" section, it was more to get a section on my own like you have. Adds quickly disappear into back pages by daily bumps, and people making one thread per item they are posting, not to mention ads posted in the wrong section which there are specific sections for.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #9
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colombian View Post
here is the post:

[url]http://toronto.kijiji.ca/buy at MAXBIMMER forum !! .......]

the man wants 13000 for it.

i wish I had the cash!!!

*** wow i never taught it will goes this way.... just a nice ride thats becoming rare..... i guess richie s999 is selling his ride...good luck with the sale
Just noticed the edit that was added on, I'm not selling a car, but if I was a member on this board selling a car, and someone was posting adds of someone else's who's not part of this community, in an already competitive market I wouldn't be happy. If the seller isn't interested on posting here, they shouldn't receive the perks of his add being seen by this community

I'm sure those members trying to sell their car will agree
Old 10-16-2011, 11:10 PM   #10
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
members who take the time to find and be part of this community should have some privaliage to post ads on the site, and use the site to sell there car, without people posting links to non members adds on other sites. If I want to buy something off another site I go there and look.
And it is not a free site, classified rules only allow 5 parts to be posted a month by a member. Anything above that your supposed to pay to advertise what your paying. I spend $100 a month to be "allowed" to post on a "free" site, where members constantly post outside these rules, or use there sig's to advertise what they have for sale. Not to mention people who PM members who have posted showing intrest in others for sale adds, all with poor support on this by the moderation of this site watching for such postings. [/quote]

Quote:
Just noticed the edit that was added on, I'm not selling a car, but if I was a member on this board selling a car, and someone was posting adds of someone else's who's not part of this community, in an already competitive market I wouldn't be happy. If the seller isn't interested on posting here, they shouldn't receive the perks of his add being seen by this community

I'm sure those members trying to sell their car will agree
Slippery slope.

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145796

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146446

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146446

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146201

And these are in the last 3 weeks.......

If it's "for sale section specific", That also sounds like added work just to keep ads from "non-members" out. It's also draconian. It's a public forum, nothing wrong with someone seeing a great deal and wanting to share it, or helping out a buddy and linking it to a target market, or linking a car because we love it, hate it, or want to give something a good home to a fellow enthusiast. You're getting into bureaucracies which kills things that are good.
If you have great deals, or an amazing product, you shouldn't have to worry about some "one-off ad."
If you are worried, then you pay more to have your own section.

Love ya Rich, no homo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: