Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #136
NS2000X
1st Gear Newbie

Very nice Jared!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #137
tehskeo
CEL Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by beem3r View Post
and now I have an 05 M3 vert.
Sooooo jelly. Comparing the coupe and the 'vert, which do you prefer? Inside the coupe you get a real nice engine note, but do you get the metallic sound that people always hear outside in the 'vert?

Also, welcome!
tehskeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #138
beem3r
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwconnect View Post
welcome!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS2000X View Post
Very nice Jared!
Thank you sir, I've tried to go for a CSL look but with a vert, next year I have to deal with finding a trunk, which is not that easy. I haven't seen another like mine in the city yet. I also took out an 08 e90 M3 a few weeks ago and was tempted to add it as well, but timing is wrong. Love the look of your car and would totally take an e90 over e92/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehskeo View Post
Sooooo jelly. Comparing the coupe and the 'vert, which do you prefer? Inside the coupe you get a real nice engine note, but do you get the metallic sound that people always hear outside in the 'vert?

Also, welcome!
I honestly prefer the vert. I was going to get another coupe but said to myself "I've already had one, let's try a convertible," and really, there's nothing like top down driving. I don't track the car at all so the performance advantage of having a fixed roof isn't advantageous to me at all.

The coupe's rasp is just as noticeable in the vert, only I would say the vert is a little louder (fabric top), especially with the top down. However on my coupe I had added a B&B exhaust which was extremely loud but toned down the rasp. This car I wanted something a little quieter since 99% of my driving is done roof down, so I put an Active Autowerke exhaust on this one which is much quieter.
beem3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #139
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

Looks good dude! I may have seen you the other day in CHinatown. Those rims look familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411 View Post
just letting this furom [*forum] know
MaxBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #140
haymakers7
Elite BMW Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS2000X View Post
Ummmm, reconsidering my next service appointment...
now i seriously i think uve read too far into that comment, how else would u confirm a complaint of hard shifting under hard acceleration? and honestly i was on city streets so its not like i was ball to walls or anything, but really no offence, i mean are you affraid of your m3 being driven the way it was built? I have all the respect for these cars and would never abuse them so rest easy and keep it coming to Elite
haymakers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #141
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Hey to all the new guys! Love to see new faces! Check out the top karting thread in the ottawa section; you guys should try to make it out so we can put faces to the nics!

Haymaker, my E91 is at Ottos right now. Had I known..
Old 10-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #142
NS2000X
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymakers7 View Post
now i seriously i think uve read too far into that comment, how else would u confirm a complaint of hard shifting under hard acceleration? and honestly i was on city streets so its not like i was ball to walls or anything, but really no offence, i mean are you affraid of your m3 being driven the way it was built? I have all the respect for these cars and would never abuse them so rest easy and keep it coming to Elite
Which part of "beat down" did I misunderstand?

I am sure it was somewhat bravado, and I understand that to test a symptom under hard acceleration, hard acceleration is warranted during both troubleshooting and verification of resolution.

Some of us part with what are not insignificant sums for the pleasure of deciding, how, when, and by whom 'beat downs' will be administered.

My car is at Elite right now, you may have seen it. I keep it in great shape, always ensure she's warmed up appropriately before pressing on.

I don't really intend to avoid Elite. The service has been great. But as with anyone on this board I'm sure, my car is well cared for and the trust of whom you leave it with for service is paramount. Just a reminder.

I waited a damn long time to get in my car, and to many it's just a car, but this isn't something I can justify the expense of doing twice.

Cheers

James
Old 10-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #143
everlast

100% AGREE James. A BMW dealership should be extra courteous and careful with a customer car. Heck, I get upset when someone changes my radio station, let alone flogs my car. Otto's has had a large turnover lately, and I'm hoping the newer service staff is more adept and handling problems and compromises than the last batch.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #144
haymakers7
Elite BMW Tech

man i totally understand ur point, and yes i saw ur car this morning, and there is not question of how well u take care of it, very clean! And yes beat down was definately a bad choice of words in retrospect lol. I would be happy to help out any members that come my way just give me a heads up and if i can throw in any extra service i love helping other enthusiasts. Especianlly nice seeing a nice clean bmw so sad when a gorgeous car comes in looking like a sh*t pit. Any ways rest assured NS2000X whether it be me or any other tech, i say with the utmost confidence that it will be treated with as much if not more resepct than youd expect
haymakers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #145
everlast

Quote:
man i totally understand ur point, and yes i saw ur car this morning, and there is not question of how well u take care of it, very clean! And yes beat down was definately a bad choice of words in retrospect lol. I would be happy to help out any members that come my way just give me a heads up and if i can throw in any extra service i love helping other enthusiasts. Especianlly nice seeing a nice clean bmw so sad when a gorgeous car comes in looking like a sh*t pit. Any ways rest assured NS2000X whether it be me or any other tech, i say with the utmost confidence that it will be treated with as much if not more resepct than youd expect
Old 10-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #146
NS2000X
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Much appreciated.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #147
everlast

So I decided to take the E30 out for a spin today (I rolled 800km! (This year.. )) and while leaving my neighbourhood I heard a sound come from the front right of the car, like I hit something, or something fell off.

I pulled over and walked back about 100', found a can that was crushed; that must have been it. However, I thought I'd better look under the hood to make sure. While my hood was up, a beautiful E46 vert drove by, turned around and came back to check on me, even offering up tools at his place if I needed help.

Small world, it was beem3r.. turns out we live in the same 'hood. Great to meet you Jared.

Bear, get this guy a code reader, he's a stand up guy.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #148
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

10-4~!
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #149
everlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwconnect View Post
10-4~!
Are we doing M&M this weekend?