Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
limenuke
2nd Gear Member

97 328i - Installing skirts + Hooking up 6 CD changers

My first problem - my OEM skirt is coming off because the plastic clips snapped. There are a few that weren't snapped. I tried to push the skirt into the clip (while both were still attached to car) which yielded only in snapping the clip.

So now, I wonder - what is the order of putting the skirt on the car? Do you put the clips on the skirt and then shove the clip's end into the green grommet mounted on the rocker? Or do you do mount the clip first and then attempt pitifully to shove the skirt into the clip ( this was what I did and I failed at it ).

Secondly, the previous owner of the car installed a decent alpine deck into the car. Unfortunately, it doesn't link up with the 6 CD changer. Does anyone know what I need to do to get the 6 CD changer to operate?
limenuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:07 AM   #2
Daneee
be cool

Send a message via MSN to Daneee
Quote:
Originally Posted by limenuke View Post
Do you put the clips on the skirt and then shove the clip's end into the green grommet mounted on the rocker?
thats the only one way
Quote:
Secondly, the previous owner of the car installed a decent alpine deck into the car. Unfortunately, it doesn't link up with the 6 CD changer. Does anyone know what I need to do to get the 6 CD changer to operate?
you need to buy an OEM radio or buy a CD changer for the Alpine deck
Old 09-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
limenuke
2nd Gear Member

Gotcha. I'll buy a couple of those clips then. How do I reinstall the rivets on the skirts? do I get my own rivets or just attempt to reuse them?

What do you mean CD changer for the alpine deck...can I not use the BMW CD changer?
limenuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
tehskeo
CEL Magnet

Quote:
can I not use the BMW CD changer?
Unfortunately no. The BMW changer uses the IBUS interface with is proprietary and only BMW factory headunits can communicate on it. The Alpine deck will likely be able to communicate with several different aftermarket changers. I have my changer sitting disconnected in my trunk because I have an Alpine deck as well.

Does the deck have USB input? That may be better anyway...
tehskeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

yeah USB ipod connection with alpine deck is alot better choice.

u can run the wire through the glove compartment OR right below your on board computer ( there is a hole already there)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: