Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #16
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
Make up your mind.

In any case, a water pump failure is just a break down. The timing belt is what you should be discussing. It's failure = end of the motor.
there both true lol its been sitting int he same place but it been started alot. And its between this or a 2001 audi a4... hmm its soo hard but thank youf or the tips guy, i will most likey check the condition of the motor mount replace it and then do and oil change and vavle adjustment then i'll see how it runs... i really onyl need it for winter, The reason i dont want to repair it is that im going to just sell it anyways, the hard top and shell is in great condition anyways... btw its also a good time to tell u guys its matte black.... if anyone is interested in the hard top let me know!
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS
92' 325is (m52) - M3 conversion AA S/c'd
'97 Euro Estroil E36 M3 Vert (S50B32)
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #17
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

*smacks head* dude.. how many times are you going to ignore:

- CHANGE THE TIMING BELT -

It's like $50 for the kit. Whatever, do what you want.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #18
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
*smacks head* dude.. how many times are you going to ignore:

- CHANGE THE TIMING BELT -

It's like $50 for the kit. Whatever, do what you want.
50 bucks oh ok i thought it was one of those outrageous BMW prices
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS
Old 09-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #19
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Autopartsway.ca have it for $50 and most of us have done it a few times over. It's really easy work. We can all help you along, and make sure to download the bentley and Haynes for more help.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #20
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

alright thanks man! u put a smile on my face
:d
PREVIOUS CARS
Old 09-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #21
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

Alright So i couldnt choose between the two cars so i bought both the 01 audi b5 and the e30 I was hard to turn down the Audi cuz it was in great condition, and it was way to hard to turn down the e30 because its not rusted and i got a spare m52 engine that i might try and put into it latter down the road, first thing im really hopin for is that its an lsd

Ok so i changed the spark plug wire, only needed one, then i fixed the steering wheel, and im still looking for that one drivers side headlight.... i found one for 80 bucks but its like a 2 hour drive.... i ordered the engine mounts and the timing belt... and downloaded 3 different e30 manuals so i wil be tackling that when they arrive... i got the vavle cover off, and i will slowly adjust the valves... keep in mind this is the very first time i ever adusted valves.. i think the hardest part for me is going to be putting each cylinder in TDC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo_wwLNwPIQ
This video really helped me out, i will take a few pics of th e30, but i must warn u guys.. it aint so pretty in matte black primer
PREVIOUS CARS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: