Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
Reflections
1st Gear Newbie

Car Shopping and Reliability

So my dads due for an upgrade with a car after nearly 13 years strong with a CRV. Keep in mind, he keeps his cars running for a long time! His previous car was kept for 14 years!

Hes in a phase where he wants a nice car, adequate power, and generally good reliability. So looking in on the following:

BMW 328i Coupe (2007+)
Lexus IS350 (250 seems pretty slow and its only a little more for the bigger engine)
Audi A4 (2006-2008, as the newest model is still quite pricey)

Whats your take on this? Reliability wise, in a BMW what is there to look out for and are there good mechanics (stealerships are annoying). We will be test driving all in a few days, with me in the passenger seat.
Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
damameke
6th Gear Member

Going from a Jap to European car, 13 years in a CRV , he for sure knows the reliabiliy..my DD is a 2000 CRV too and I know what he meant by lack of power, but cant fault's its reliability...

The car you had identified, are pretty good car, my take is to test them all and get service/repair history, it will let you know it's reliabilities, carfax or car proof(some might not even showed up in the report)....then get one of the garage in here to check it out before buying...

I have a 2003 325 xi, a 2001 Z3 and a 2006 323 and all are pretty good, just normal maintenance and just changed a window regulator in the 325, this is normal wear and tear.

Did you look at the newer Maxima?That might be another option,, pretty powerful..

Happy shopping...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #3
sparco_typer
2nd Gear Member

he should buy my g35x 2006
sparco_typer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: