Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

LF: Body shop

I'm contemplating buying a used car. If I need to get some small rust repair done correctly, anyone have any shop they'd recommend?

Nothing huge, just dime sized spots.

Also not set on any one car, just getting a feel for options.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
sb_600
5th Gear Member

J R Autobody on Jamie street (Merivale & Huntclub area).

It's a family business - the guy in the yellow Integra Type-R is a mechanic there.

Awesome guys & they also sell used cars (that's where I got my e46).... Just look at their showroom and you know they do good work
1992 BMW 325i (CHUMPCAR #296 - Metric Homes Racing)
1992 3.0L M52 325i (ex-daily driver - track car only)
2002 330Ci (ex-daily driver - sold!)

sb_600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Thanks Shawn. PS Saw your name in the Calabogie update email today.. Congrats again!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
sb_600
5th Gear Member

sweet - thanks! didn't know they had a mailing list... i may have to get on that!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #5
zarbat007
3rd Gear Member

Keith's collision center @ 115 Rochester St.

I have not used them yet, but I've seen their work and it looks great. Their painter happens to go to same gym as I do, we've talked about bodywork and paint, and he sure knows his stuff. I've asked him a few questions before and his answers were exactly what I wanted to hear.
If you go there tell him the guy from Max Auto sent you.

There are other "known decent" shops around here in Ottawa, but they are usually hit or miss.
zarbat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
540iM
2nd Gear Member

avoid JR auto body at all costs... I've hd bad experience there. One of the worst!
540iM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
sb_600
5th Gear Member

ummm.... just cuz you had one bad experience doesn't mean they suck.

I bought my e46 there and have had no issues with it. I saw it before it was repaired, and after. I couldn't be happier. They also did some work on my old subaru, as well as my brother's. I know several other people who have had work done there and I've heard no complaints.

Also, weren't you the one bashing CT Carling a while back? Do you have anything good to say about any shops? Maybe you should talk about your "bad experience" to see if it was really the shop's fault...

Old 07-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #8
540iM
2nd Gear Member

I'm honestly speechless...I usually don't get into this internet thing because I can't sink to that level. However, someone needs to point out few things so that you don't make a habit of this...

1) Can you please show me where I said it was ONE experience? I have known this shop since they first started. I have friends and family that will never ever go back to this shop.

2) As for Canadian tire, once again show me where I was bashing them. In fact I dare you to show us where I was bashing them. It was a recollection of what I went through. In fact, it was YOU who made things a lot worse when you decided to be a mediator when I didn't hire you to be so.

Listen dude, I'm not into this whole internet bashing business. I usually keep it to those who have nothing else to do. BUT, for goodness sake, get some facts and let people speak their mind.... after all, this is the purpose of this forum.

by the way, here is the link to the post about CT incase you need a review, check out post 26,27 and 28.... :

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143050
540iM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #9
sb_600
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iM View Post
I'm honestly speechless...I usually don't get into this internet thing because I can't sink to that level. However, someone needs to point out few things so that you don't make a habit of this...

1) Can you please show me where I said it was ONE experience? I have known this shop since they first started. I have friends and family that will never ever go back to this shop.

2) As for Canadian tire, once again show me where I was bashing them. In fact I dare you to show us where I was bashing them. It was a recollection of what I went through. In fact, it was YOU who made things a lot worse when you decided to be a mediator when I didn't hire you to be so.

Listen dude, I'm not into this whole internet bashing business. I usually keep it to those who have nothing else to do. BUT, for goodness sake, get some facts and let people speak their mind.... after all, this is the purpose of this forum.

by the way, here is the link to the post about CT incase you need a review, check out post 26,27 and 28.... :

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143050
I"m not in the business of internet bashing either. What I do is stand up for things that I recommend/believe in. I try not to post anything I'm not sure of, or spread misinformation.

Get some facts? That's why I asked you to tell us about your experience and not just say "this shop is one of the worst." What frustates me is when people throw out blank comments like this with no details, etc.

Maybe I didn't need to bring up CT - in fact I did re-read the thread, and it seemed I remembered it to be worse than it was. Why did I jump in as a mediator? Because I was one of the people who initially recommended you to them, and felt I had a responsibility to ensure you had the best service possible. Did I really need to do this? No. But I did it for you, and for CTC's reputation.

In the end - I'm not trying to "bash" you. As YOU said, I'm just trying to make sure EVERYONE gets proper facts, and not just see "empty" comments.

Sorry for seeming like I was on the attack

Old 07-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #10
radi0activem
3rd Gear Member

We've decided to keep our car for longer than expected, I'm going to need to get a couple of rust spots fixed too. I think I'll give JR autobody a call. I like seeing highend cars in front of stores.

The picture on street view has a Ferrari, Aston Martin and an E63 6-series in front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb_600 View Post

It's a family business - the guy in the yellow Integra Type-R is a mechanic there.

Awesome guys & they also sell used cars (that's where I got my e46).... Just look at their showroom and you know they do good work
radi0activem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #11
zarbat007
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb_600 View Post

I was there the other day. All those cars are for sale, they did not do any body work to any of them. I checked the work area, it did not strike me
as a "high end" bodyshop. Nothing is high end. Paint booth is the old style, work area is dirty etc, the paint system they use is not really the best waterborne out there...
Saw 2 WV bumpers repainted, wasn't really impressed.
Did not get any work done though, this is just my first impression.

This is my idea of a high end body shop:

http://216.128.18.50/EuropeanAutoBody/index.asp
zarbat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:01 AM   #12
sb_600
5th Gear Member

A'll i'm trying to say is that i have never been disapointed with their work. if you want to go somewhere else, feel free! I'm just giving you MY suggestion, and you can take that for whatever it means.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: