Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
vic325ci
2nd Gear Member

Wheel hop?

I recently bought a set of 4 Fast Europa rims for my car. the fronts are 18x8's and the rears are 18x9's...Ever since then i've had what appears to be wheel hop from gears 1 to 4, but most significantly in second gear between 2800 and 5300 rpm. Does anyone else have 18x9's in the rear and have the same problem? i lowered my tire pressure to 18 psi thinking i would get more grip but it produced absolutely NO difference...Could it be something else? Can someone help me its annoying not to mention I lose close to 4 seconds on my lap time at the track...These rims are not my usual racing rims so i don't plan on using them again at the track, but for everyday driving its getting really annoying...
vic325ci is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: