op sucks cock
Join Date: Jun 2004
Car: s54 X 2, YZF-R6
Its actually not the law. Its required to import a vehicle into canada, the HTA doesn't specifically say its required
10. (1) No person shall sell or offer for sale a daytime running light system that does not conform to the requirements of the Canadian Standards Association Standard CAN/CSA-D603-88, Daytime Running Light Systems. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 587, s. 10 (1).
(2) For the purpose of subsection (1), a daytime running light system means a group of electrical components including the control unit designed for installation on a motor vehicle to automatically activate lights used to improve the conspicuity of the vehicle viewed from the front at all times other than when headlights are required. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 587, s. 10 (2).
11. (1) In this section,
“motor tricycle” means a motorcycle that,
(a) is designed to travel on three wheels in contact with the ground,
(b) has seating on which all occupants must sit astride,
(c) has not more than four designated seating positions,
(d) has a manufacturer’s gross vehicle weight rating of 1,000 kilograms or less,
(e) has a minimum wheel rim diameter of 250 millimetres,
(f) has a minimum wheel base of 1,016 millimetres, and
(g) does not have a structure partially or fully enclosing the driver and passenger, other than that part of the vehicle forward of the driver’s torso and the seat backrest. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(2) For the purpose of determining the number of wheels on a motorcycle, two wheels are considered to be one wheel if they are mounted on the same axle and the distance between the centres of their areas of contact with the ground is less than 460 millimetres. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(3) A motorcycle with two front wheels shall not be operated on the highway unless it is a motor tricycle that,
(a) bears the manufacturer’s compliance label issued under section 6 of the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (Canada) specifying the type of vehicle as “TRI” for motor tricycle or, in the case of an imported motor tricycle, a compliance label or other label as provided for in section 12 of those Regulations; and
(b) continues to meet the regulatory standards that applied to it at the time it was manufactured or imported. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(4) A motor tricycle shall not have more seating positions than it had when originally manufactured. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(5) A motor tricycle originally manufactured for sale in Canada shall not have more than two seating positions unless the motor tricycle,
(a) was originally manufactured with more than two seating positions; and
(b) bears the manufacturer’s compliance label issued under section 6 of the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (Canada) specifying the type of vehicle as “TRI” for motor tricycle. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(6) An imported motor tricycle shall not have more than two seating positions unless the motor tricycle,
(a) was originally manufactured as a motor tricycle with more than two seating positions; and
(b) bears a compliance label or other label to prove conformity as provided for in section 12 of the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (Canada). O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(7) A motor tricycle shall be fitted with at least two mirrors that conform to the requirements set out in Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 111 under the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (Canada). O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(8) Every motor tricycle shall have a parking brake adequate to hold the vehicle stationary for a few seconds when tested at light throttle in low forward gear and in reverse. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(9) None of the original controls of the brake system of a motor tricycle, including the anti-lock brake controls, shall have been removed, modified or replaced so that their effectiveness is reduced. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(10) In the case of a motor tricycle originally fitted with an electronic stability control system, such system shall not be missing and there shall be no indication of a malfunction in the system. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
I run a canadian led kit & hid kit company, if you have any questions about led headlights or hid kits in canada or would like to check out our products please contact me here: http://absolutehid.ca
Hot: 2001 Estoril M Roadster
ZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune