Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
automadness
2nd Gear Member

2001 330 ci weather stripping

hi i have a 2001 330 ci 2 dr the weather stripping on both doors came apart on tuesday with the hot weather did this happen to anyone else what do you recomend to fix it polyurethane ?
automadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:49 AM   #2
mercforhire
1st Gear Newbie

Use these yellow strong glue, put in the trim, glue it back to the door frame and hold it in place with many tapes. Keep it for 2 days, then remove the tape.
mercforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:01 AM   #3
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Fixing it never lasts very long...Replacing is the real solution, not very cheap, but it works! I should have a good pair if needed....
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
jabela
4th Gear Member

I used the good 3M very glue years ago and it hasn't failed. However it has started to crack from age. What price can you do for the driver's side stripping?

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.modernapothecary.ca
jabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
Fixing it never lasts very long...
Wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercforhire View Post
Use these yellow strong glue, put in the trim, glue it back to the door frame and hold it in place with many tapes. Keep it for 2 days, then remove the tape.
Right

http://www.shop3m.com/60455029946.ht...strip-Adhesive
Used this 3M weather striping adhesive glue on my E46 and a few other friend's/family member's cars as well. Once I used this it hasn't failed. Mine has been going strong for 3 summers.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

^^^only if you are cheap and want your car held together with glue! In that case zip ties are good intercooler mounts too! lol

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 06-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #7
mercforhire
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
^^^only if you are cheap and want your car held together with glue! In that case zip ties are good intercooler mounts too! lol
It's not like there is a BWM glue.
I posted a thread about a pair of headlights for $250 I bought from you that was badly removed from a junked car and had its wiring completely butchered, I sold it for junk value at a major loss afterwards.
Shouldn't be calling people cheap for not buying overpriced used stuff from you.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #8
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Reusing a stronger glue to old together an OEM piece that was held by lesser grade adhesive is a totally different story than holding an intercooler with zip ties. By that logic, why not replace the whole motor when you get a valve cover gasket failure, or a pulley breaks? Afterall, that is the "baller" solution.

And if you search online, you will see the OEM glue is not a permanent solution. They fail time and again. What is the point of shelling out big dollars on such a stupid item & replacing it only to have it come off again? The 3M adhesive solution has proven to be better than the OEM replacements.

PS. You reeeeally ought not to talk about others being cheap with their cars

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #9
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
PS. You reeeeally ought not to talk about others being cheap with their cars
Why not!?? I'm cheap as hell!!! I got my 330 for $1000, was FREE by the time i sold the stock rims and a few other bits, paint job was $250, and i can make a list of others...So at the end i like my car the way it is, i can spend my $$$ at more mods (and other toys)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 666.jpg (216.8 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg 555.JPG (417.4 KB, 89 views)

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 06-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #10
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
It's not like there is a BWM glue.
I posted a thread about a pair of headlights for $250 I bought from you that was badly removed from a junked car and had its wiring completely butchered, I sold it for junk value at a major loss afterwards.
Shouldn't be calling people cheap for not buying overpriced used stuff from you.
Dont even start whith this! I told you before you got them they are aftermarket and a few tabs ARE broken,even told you how to fix it. The wiring was just unpluged, the only thing that needed to be cut was the angel eyes, that were hooked to the car harness (so could NOT be separated!). I sell OEM headlights for $400 each, so at $250/pair it is what it is!!! I told you everything i can about them, even gave you a discount because you got a few things. If you couldnt get them figured out, not much i can do.

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 06-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #11
mercforhire
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Dont even start whith this! I told you before you got them they are aftermarket and a few tabs ARE broken,even told you how to fix it. The wiring was just unpluged, the only thing that needed to be cut was the angel eyes, that were hooked to the car harness (so could NOT be separated!). I sell OEM headlights for $400 each, so at $250/pair it is what it is!!! I told you everything i can about them, even gave you a discount because you got a few things. If you couldnt get them figured out, not much i can do.
What you sold me was not OEM nor cheap, I was ignorant at the time and paid $250 for a pair of used lights. Which I later found out they only cost $209.98 brand new.
http://www.migicute.com/hdbk46299by.html
Plus I paid $150 for a pair of expensive rear corners. The discount I got was just a cup holder.

I paid you straight away without any lowballing or other annoying cheap sh1t.
Later, I was frustrated when I tried to install them and I even posted a thread some pics of the fubar of a mess removal job you did. In the end, I just sold it for cheap for parts value. I did not complain about any of this, I didn't know better so I took it as a lesson.
You have my money, at least be a little helpful and show some respect to your customers.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #12
mercforhire
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
What you sold me was not OEM nor cheap, I was ignorant at the time and paid $250 for a pair of used lights. Which I later found out they only cost $209.98 brand new.
Plus I paid $150 for a pair of expensive rear corners. The discount I got was just a cup holder. Nothing you sold me was any good deal.

Later, I was frustrated when I tried to install them and I even posted a thread some pics of the fubar of a mess removal job you did. In the end, I just sold it for cheap for parts value. I did not complain about any of this, I didn't know better so I took it as a lesson.
I ****ed up, you got my $ and you win, at least be a little helpful and show some respect to your customers. Thanks

Last edited by mercforhire; 06-17-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:10 AM   #13
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Plus I paid $150 for a pair of expensive rear corners. The discount I got was just a cup holder. Nothing you sold me was any good deal.

I ****ed up, you got my $ and you win, at least be a little helpful and show some respect to your customers. Thanks

We can go at this all day, but facts are facts; I told you they are aftermarker. I told you they need work (broken tabs). What you show here is projector lights, i sold you projectors WITH HID that were selling at $400 on ebay at THAT TIME! I do NOT force anyone to buy anything, and provide as much information as possible. For the rear $75 is pretty cheap for an OEM red/clear light in mint condition, if you didnt think so you didnt have to buy them. But dont say i didnt help you with anything, or not showing any respect... I did 100% of what is exected of me, if you are still not happy, i'm sorry...but nothing more i could have done.

At this rate i will need to keep a tape recorder when i make sales...

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: