The 2011 Ontario Time Attack series is now underway! June 4th and June 5th at the DDT ran smoothly, despite initially unfavourable weather on Saturday. OTA's new paid marshals have allowed for more time on the track for everyone, with plenty of lapping and competition time. Ontario Time Attack (previously “Solosprint” or “Solo1”) has re-launched this year with an all new event format that includes more lapping time, hired marshals and new sponsors. It remains one of the most affordable forms of motorsport and competes on some of Ontario’s best race tracks.
Click for pictures
from June 4/5th.
Our next series of events are coming up fast. The weekend of June 18th and 19th takes the series to Shannonville Motorsports Park. The pre-pay discounted rate is available until Wednesday June 15th.
Following that, Saturday July 9th is the Mosport International Raceway school, a good chance to learn the big track in a fun and safe way. Sunday July 10th is our first of several competition days at MIR.
There is still time to sign up for any one of these events and join the 2011 series, or take the school at MIR. Contact ontariotimeattack AT gmail.com
to register or visit our forum
Competitor and spectator safety is a priority at Ontario Time Attack. Novices are given instruction until they are signed off, professional marshals are used to control traffic, and safe driving is enforced.
2011 Ontario Time Attack Schedule
* April 10 - Open House at CSC Racing.
* May 14 & 15 - Time Attack School at Mosport DDT
* June 4 & 5 - Event #1 and #2 at Mosport DDT
* June 18 & 19 - Event #3 and #4 at Shannonville Motorsports Park: Nelson & Pro
* July 9 - Time Attack School at Mosport International Raceway
* July 10 - Event #5 at Mosport International Raceway
* August 26 - Lapping Day at Mosport International Raceway
* August 27 & 28 - Event #6 and #7 - Canadian Nationals at Mosport International Raceway
* September 10 & 11 - Event #8 and #9 at Shannonville Motorsports Park : Fabi and Long