Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #16
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR_84 View Post
The topic says "mosport may 24". Not "May 2-4" or "May long weekend".
According to the topic, this event took place on the 24th of May... which in fact, it did not.
That's exactly what I would have said but I gave up on that guy as I have a feeling he has an axe to grind with me. If I was as sloppy writing firmware as the subject wording, nothing I work on would work, so I expect clear and exact wording.

for example, clra and clr a mean two completely different things!
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 PM   #17
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR_84 View Post
The topic says "mosport may 24". Not "May 2-4" or "May long weekend".
According to the topic, this event took place on the 24th of May... which in fact, it did not.
You seemed to have missed the point to my post. The topic can say whatever it wants to say. It's irrelevant to what i am saying. The point is that MarkD clearly said he is aware of all the angles and abreviations for May 2-4, May 24, yet he keeps on going off topic to make a ridiculous point of being or not being there on whatever day...like it matters. Simple logic is all it is.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:43 PM   #18
MarkD
Banned

With your pretzel logic, we may as well call it "beer weekend". Now I understand, it's some weekend near Victoria Day but not necessarily on May 24. But let's call it "May 24" How dense of me.

And Christmas is on Dec 19 for you right?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:53 PM   #19
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
With your pretzel logic, we may as well call it "beer weekend". Now I understand, it's some weekend near Victoria Day but not necessarily on May 24. But let's call it "May 24" How dense of me.

And Christmas is on Dec 19 for you right?
"beer weekend"? Is that what you call it? No since i am jewish Christmas still falls on Dec 25 even for the jewish folk beleive it or not. I hope that one day you will understand your dilemma of the May 24th holiday known as Victoria day.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:57 PM   #20
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmw1 View Post
"beer weekend"? Is that what you call it? No since i am jewish Christmas still falls on Dec 25 even for the jewish folk beleive it or not. I hope that one day you will understand your dilemma of the May 24th holiday known as Victoria day.
I've been around for a long time I understand it clearly. May 24 was a Tuesday, I was driving on the big track at Mosport and there were no cars from that picture there. And that thread has very little to do with May 24.

I'm done.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:59 PM   #21
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markd View Post
and that thread has very little to do with may 24.

I'm done.
bingo!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #22
JayR_84
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
I've been around for a long time I understand it clearly. May 24 was a Tuesday, I was driving on the big track at Mosport and there were no cars from that picture there. And that thread has very little to do with May 24.

I'm done.
Yeah he doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the pantry.
JayR_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #23
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

MarkD loves to do that check recent posts that was a great weekend can't wait till the vintage weekend
jon E was that your silver e36 with borbets??

Last edited by BmW1819; 06-01-2011 at 09:26 PM.
BmW1819 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #24
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I'm sure you have to be an A student to go out on Friday. I am a Trillium member so know about their track days. The instructor I had was a former race car driver and I was surprised at how well he and I worked together. And I was not told to go home and practice racing games on a PS3, or that the fact the back of my driver's seat twisted after my wife adjusted it would make absolutely no difference how I drove. That is what happened last time I was at one of the events you mentioned.

And here is another gem from around 2006: "I am going to suggest they put you back in the beginner's group because you don't heel and toe"
Yup I'm great in GT5.
The only problem is; that I can't get my knees to touch the ground....
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #25
jon.e
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmW1819 View Post
MarkD loves to do that check recent posts that was a great weekend can't wait till the vintage weekend
jon E was that your silver e36 with borbets??
yup that was me wedged into that spot couldnt get out for the life of me when i was leaving. I was the guy sitting in that pop up blue tent same corner as your self.
jon.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #26
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

nice clean looking car u heading down for the vintage races let me no i seen u there last year to i think during the le mans
BmW1819 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: