Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #61
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIMAL View Post
Well it may not be specifically stated, this is a marketing/sales position, I don't understand how that remains unapparent.
It remains unapparent to you because it isn't a sales position. It is a blogging position which is why they are looking for the ultimate BMW performance blogger. This isn't an ultimate salesman competition.

Quote:
I read the posting, but it seems you missed what is between the lines. At the end of the day its a very simple rationale; if the sales don't increase as a result of the blog activities Endras will likely discontinue the position.
This post is filled with assumptions. Are you Endras? If sales don't increase due to the blog the position will be terminated? Are you enjoying just jumping to baseless conclusions with no support for them whatsoever? Read over the rules, there is a contract and there is not a single word about sales in it. LOL, read between the lines to come to your conclusion of a blog position being terminated due to sales outside the blogs control? Get real.

Quote:
Having a blog about BMW performance does not exactly confirm that you know about the brand and BMW performance. I could go start a blog about anything I want, that does not make me a subject matter expert.
The fact I have a successful BMW performance based blog and forum definitely points toward that. If you were familiar with BMW performance you would be familiar with me. If you want to see an article reflecting my knowledge, here you go, let's see if any other contestant has anything on this level: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ower-potential Read that and then let me know, ok? As in, do some research instead of making assumptions.

Quote:
Over-confidence is the same as arrogance my friend, and the vocabulary you use seems to affirm this assessment. "I am the best qualified person for the job..." is a perfect example. There are ways you could soften your tone and opinions to still seem confident without it being overtly apparent.
I stated confidence, you stated over-confidence. I am the best qualified person for the job, I believe that and can certainly support the statement. If you can support that someone else is more qualified, by all means, prove it.

Quote:
You did put down his network, saying yours is the "biggest". Followed by "Good luck man, just setting a few things straight." shows your not looking for him to support his statement. Your trying to state your opinion as fact, and that is arrogance.
It is a fact that my network is bigger therefore there is nothing wrong with the stating of facts in of themselves. They way you take them is your problem as you seem to have a negative predisposition.

Quote:
If you lose after you have been parading around the net touting your 'I'm simply the best' mandate you will look foolish as, obviously, Endras would have failed to agree with your self-evaluation. You may not need the work, but no one takes rejection without any disappointment. In the end it always sucks to lose, but its worse if you have been telling everyone you should win.
No one takes rejection without disappointment? It's an online contest, I never realized you put so much emphasis on it. There is nothing wrong with trying and coming up short. Last I checked, you and a few thousand others did not get this far so sounds like I have already done better than the majority out there. I'm very happy with that and if it goes further, cool, if not, I'll try to go on with my life somehow.

Last edited by Sticky; 04-13-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #62
DANIMAL
TYRE ETR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
It remains unapparent to you because it isn't a sales position. It is a blogging position which is why they are looking for the ultimate BMW performance blogger. This isn't an ultimate salesman competition.
How do you think Endras intends to measure you as being successful in this position? They want you to increase an online presence(aka online marketing) to ultimately drive up sales. It is quite obvious. Repeating a previous point; this is not stated overtly as a sales position. You likely won't be blogging about stuff like how low road noise is in the new 550GT because BMW owners don't care about that. What sells cars to BMW's core audience is, generally, the performance. So of course they want someone to write about performance, it sells cars. If you do not see that you should think twice about what you are proposing to do.

Quote:
This post is filled with assumptions. Are you Endras? If sales don't increase due to the blog the position will be terminated? Are you enjoying just jumping to baseless conclusions with no support for them whatsoever? Read over the rules, there is a contract and there is not a single word about sales in it. LOL, read between the lines to come to your conclusion of a blog position being terminated due to sales outside the blogs control? Get real.
Did you read where they retain the right to terminate the position whenever they feel appropriate? As well as take compensation for the vehicle and Condo they are providing. Have you asked yourself why they would want this right? This position automatically comes with a probation period of three months (In Canada most, if not all, professional jobs do), so its not for personality and HR BS like that.

I know that selling cars has been a successful venture for Endras for many years now, so it would seem unlikely that they would want to scrap this and try to make money from social media and the internet. There are no baseless conclusions here. I have several years of business experience with extensive involvement in the sales/marketing/project managment/executive management realms. So this is professional experience talking.

In the end Endras is out to make money, every successful business is, so I don't see any other reasoning to adding a blogging position other than to drive up the bottom line. What is your reasoning for the job if it is not to increase presence and, as a result, sales? Endras is certainly not about to hand out a decently paying job with benefits for someone to write about BMWs without expectation of return. Example - Would you pay a guy 5 bucks a week to talk about anything? No, but you would pay him to promote you business if he could prove results? Maybe. Why would you want to increase your business awareness? To grow the business and increase revenue. If he were to stop promoting your service would you still pay him? Certainly not. The medium and message may be different but the metaphor remains appropriate.

Quote:
The fact I have a successful BMW performance based blog and forum definitely points toward that. If you were familiar with BMW performance you would be familiar with me. If you want to see an article reflecting my knowledge, here you go, let's see if any other contestant has anything on this level: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ower-potential Read that and then let me know, ok? As in, do some research instead of making assumptions.
I have heard of your name before. To be honest prior to this contest I had no idea you had a blog or a website and I could care less. That does not make you an authority on BMW Performance. Success is relative, how are you measuring this? Lots of people look at and listen to the guy in the middle of the street wearing a sandwich board that states "the end is near" that does not make him successful or an expert on the subject.

To say that I know nothing about BMW performance because I'm not familiar with your products is a truly asinine statement to make. You have no idea about me or my history with the brand. Now I am not saying that you don't know anything about BMW Performance, and truly I never was, but to call yourself an authority on the subject is wrong. Look at it this way, your not "cool" if you tell yourself and others your "cool". Obviously the masses will decide who is the ultimate blogger, not you.

Quote:
I stated confidence, you stated over-confidence. I am the best qualified person for the job, I believe that and can certainly support the statement. If you can support that someone else is more qualified, by all means, prove it.
What you state as confidence I am telling you comes across as over-confidence, at least to me. If you lookup the definition of arrogance you will see the correlation between over-confidence and arrogance.

I can't support anyone's claim including your own. So to the outsider all contestants are on the same level, until I decide by watching and reading the output thus far.

When you use words like 'believe' it softens the impact of your statements and relays you are only voicing your opinion instead of trying to dictate it to others. These types of words seem to be missing too often from most of your posts, which is why your come across as arrogant and self-righteous.

Quote:
It is a fact that my network is bigger therefore there is nothing wrong with the stating of facts in of themselves. They way you take them is your problem as you seem to have a negative predisposition.
Prove it, show me the evidence to support this statement and I will say no more on the topic. How can I accept your statement as fact without your proof?

I have no predisposition to negativity, anyone on this site that knows me well can attest to that.

Quote:
No one takes rejection without disappointment? It's an online contest, I never realized you put so much emphasis on it. There is nothing wrong with trying and coming up short. Last I checked, you and a few thousand others did not get this far so sounds like I have already done better than the majority out there. I'm very happy with that and if it goes further, cool, if not, I'll try to go on with my life somehow.
So if Endras disagrees with you and decides to hire someone else; or if the internet/network disagrees with you, you won't have an issue with it? I would find this hard to believe; but I can not rebut the argument because I am not you. I know that if I applied to this position and made it through to the second or third round I would be at least a bit disappointed at getting cut. So forgive me, it seemed like your campaigning too hard to not to have a highly vested interest in getting this position. If you honestly have no disappointment from losing, all the power to you.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:27 AM   #63
davericher20
black and blue

I haven't seen anything on here about the contest but a guy from the west coast won

Pretty damn good video too

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: