Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Windsor, Ontario **NEW**
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
bart325is
IH8BART

Springtime Restoration

I figured I should start my own thread instead of hijacking Nerk's for the rest of the summer.

Lots of stuff to take care of this year. I want to get most of it done by the end of June so I can just drive and enjoy for the rest of the summer.

1. DONE. New intake gaskets, cleaned injectors (got rid of loud ticking noise, now I just have the regular valve train noise of the M20), PCV tube o-rings, small heater hose from throttle body to block (I had changed all others previously).
2. DONE. Install reman'd injectors since originals are leaking (gas smell in oil and hard start when warm).
3. DONE. New Bosch WR8LC+ spark plugs
4. DONE. Change the gas contaminated oil and filter
5. DONE. Get clean doors and new fenders (still need pass fender)
5a. To do. Get a paint job (still undecided if it will be this year or next)
6. To do. Weld seam in exhaust just before cat. Ghetto rigged with flexible tailpipe repair kit and 2 clamps from Partsource for now.
7. To do. New cat back or just new muffler.
8. To do. Rustproof the undercarriage if I don't pick up another DD before winter.
9. HALF DONE. Replace emergency brake cables, pads, spring kit.
10. DONE. Replace windshield.
11. To do. Install E30 drop hats.
12. To do. Replace all steel fuel lines.
13. To do. Replace front/rear anti-sway bar bushings and end links.
14. DONE. Replace ASA centre caps with BMW 57mm centre caps. Yeah, I know they are not genuine BMW rims but the caps look so much better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0482.jpg (74.5 KB, 243 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0481.jpg (77.5 KB, 245 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: