Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Platinum maXbimmer Sponsors > Bimmersport Automotive
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #31
///Mmm
Need an s85!
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 222
Red face

Sick car!!

And btw , the sound of the car is worth the tickets!!
///Mmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:10 AM   #32
Michel
6th Gear Member
 
Michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin325 View Post
its finished tomorrow but i can't take delivery until Tuesday because i'm going away .
ahh that sucks, I can pick it up for you if you want?
__________________
Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #33
kevin325
AMG ETR
 
kevin325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mmm View Post
Sick car!!

And btw , the sound of the car is worth the tickets!!
haha thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel View Post
ahh that sucks, I can pick it up for you if you want?
LOL. i'm going to pick it up after work today, your too late
__________________


kevin325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #34
rider-.
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mississauga
Posts: 499
WOW thread resurrection! For anyone who has done this swap, I am concerned about the wiring portion. Now my question, if i get the m3 engine harness, is it just plug and play? or do I need to do any splicing or anything? how much wiring work is actually required?
__________________
rider-. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #35
Tom
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: waterloo
Posts: 718
lol his car has been done for over a year, Also you can take his motor as its blown and he got a new motor! haha
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #36
rider-.
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mississauga
Posts: 499
how did the motor blow? how much for the blown motor?
__________________
rider-. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #37
Tom
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: waterloo
Posts: 718
not sure how much he wants but something to do with oil cooler braking off when he got in accident I believe, PM kevin and ask him... would be a awesome rebuild motor project!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider-. View Post
how did the motor blow? how much for the blown motor?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #38
kevin325
AMG ETR
 
kevin325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 682
the engine did not start ticking due to the "fender bender" - it was due to a tie strapped oil cooler done by the original shop who installed it which was hit by a light patch of snow as my car was really low at the time and it broke off the oil cooler.

I replied to your PM regarding the price.
__________________


kevin325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #39
Tom
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: waterloo
Posts: 718
lol isn't that what I said?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin325 View Post
the engine did not start ticking due to the "fender bender" - it was due to a tie strapped oil cooler done by the original shop who installed it which was hit by a light patch of snow as my car was really low at the time and it broke off the oil cooler.

I replied to your PM regarding the price.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #40
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,592
If this is the same car I heard about the work the shop did. Really sad. Tie strapped? like rope or fabric??
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #41
slowdubbin68
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: hamilton ontario
Posts: 49
Just read up about this car, such a shame man. Gave a good heads up as to where to stay away from, hopefully new members can find it in time.
slowdubbin68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #42
Tom
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: waterloo
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
If this is the same car I heard about the work the shop did. Really sad. Tie strapped? like rope or fabric??
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdubbin68 View Post
Just read up about this car, such a shame man. Gave a good heads up as to where to stay away from, hopefully new members can find it in time.
Your both wrong, the "shop" that did this swap and my swap was one tech which no longers works for this "shop" and he has his own shop that everyone raves about now! not going to say names but yes he does amazing work but no point in pointing fingers at any "shop" when only one mech worked on the car. So stop talking smack
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #43
NERO
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: HAMilton
Posts: 19
I believe they say this because the "shop" is responsible for anyone that works inside it.

So by what you are saying we need to now be carefule of two shops? Please tell me where the bad worker went..

Thank you
NERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:20 PM   #44
slowdubbin68
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: hamilton ontario
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Your both wrong, the "shop" that did this swap and my swap was one tech which no longers works for this "shop" and he has his own shop that everyone raves about now! not going to say names but yes he does amazing work but no point in pointing fingers at any "shop" when only one mech worked on the car. So stop talking smack
What exactly was I wrong about ? Yeah ...
slowdubbin68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #45
NERO
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: HAMilton
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdubbin68 View Post
What exactly was I wrong about ? Yeah ...
Im thinking you suppost to say Bimmersport and Stance Factory is no good? Thats what TOM is said,
NERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.