Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name

Welcome to!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2002, 02:59 PM   #1
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mavis
Posts: 3,221
Someone hit my car and ran ... need good shop

Someone hit the driver side of my car the other night at Square One parking lot, the door and rear quarter panel are scratched and dented, estimates varied from $1000 to $2000.

The person that hit my car didn't leave a note or what-so-ever, I got in touch with mall security about cameras, but it was snowing a lot around the time it happened, so no visual.

The shop that I'm thinking of bringing to said that they'll have to use nails or rivet to pull the dent out, then cut and grind (is this normal), a little fiberglass, remove everything on driver side for prep and paint, and blend.

Any body shops you recommend? Mississauga and surrounding area ... 427 Collision, Woodchester Collision, Budds ???

Last edited by WASABI; 03-29-2002 at 04:04 PM.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 03:25 PM   #2
2nd Gear Member
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Burlington.Ont
Posts: 220
about the way they fix the dent.......

yes it is normal. Using a dent puller is a better way to fix the dent.
What they do is weld little studs in the dent. then they pull on the studs while hammering around the dent until it is level. its better to do it that way rather than putting holes in your car tying to pull out the dent. The way you described it, that is probably the smartest way for fixing it unless you can get to the dent from the inside of the car. as for where to go.... in your area im not to sure...I hear good things about Budds collision
BLACKKNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 12:32 AM   #3
5th Gear Member
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 938
My recommendation is European Autobody (Steeles & 27). They charge a bit more but the work is outstanding. They do exclusive work to BMW's and Ferrari's there.
MPRESION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 02:25 PM   #4
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Burlington, On
Posts: 3,474
I agree. European Autobody is a good shop. Speak to Emilio.

For maXbimmer decals, please email
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 05:30 PM   #5
1st Gear Newbie
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2
Send a message via AIM to Mark325Ci
Auto Cosmetic

The guys at Auto Cosmetic did a fantastic job on my car removing a couple of dents and buffing out some minor scratches.

However, with estimates of $1000 to $2000 in damage, they may not have the service you're looking for.

They specialize in paintless dent removal, tapping and banging out dents from the inside, either through the removal of interior panels, capped access holes that already exist elsewhere in car (eg. rust protection holes), or, if necessary, new holes that they put in hidden parts of car and later cap.

They've got some nice before/after photos posted on their site.

I believe they do work for dealers as well. I remember seeing a testimonial from Budd's on their wall.
Mark325Ci is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018