Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
chromius
6th Gear Member

Feeler: 99 540i 6speed

Hey guys,
Just throwing this out there at the moment to see if anyone here would be interested in buying my 99 540i 6 speed. I'm trying to gauge interest, if any, in it to help me decide on the purchase of another car I have my eye on. I'd want to move this one somewhat fast, as I wouldn't have the space to keep both around, hence the feeler.

Basic details:
- 6 speed Manual, with Rogue engineering short throw shift kit installed, and M3 weighted shift knob.
- Titanium silver
- Sport/Premium package
- Pretty rare (took me a while to find) Cubic interior trim (brushed graphite)
- Black leather interior in excellent shape with the comfort seats, hardly any signs of wear.
- Non DSP stereo with OEM in dash CD (can also throw in integrated DICE Ipod integration)
- All pixels in the center console work perfectly. There are a few (not many though) missing pixels on the gauge panel OBC display. Everything is still very readable.
- Has Bilstein HD shocks, and poly thrust arm bushings.
- Many parts have been replaced, too long to list.
- Engine has approx 277,000km, but don't be scared, engine is extremely strong. doesn't use ANY oil between changes, and still purrs like new. Passed e-test just last sept with flying colors, and I will e-test for any potential buyers. All regular maintenance has been kept up. Regular oil changes every 5-6k miles.

Mechanically the car is sound, everything works as it should. Just did Rad, thermostat and hoses right before winter.

Body wise, there is some surface rust on the hood from stone chips that have turned to rust spots right around the grill area. There is rust on the lip of the lower trunk area as well, and around the license plate lights. Otherwise, frame and underside is very solid, and any rust is strictly cosmetic. The rest of the body/paint is in pretty good shape aside from minor blemishes that a DD car with this many km's would have.

I also have a full set of winter tires on alloy wheels, I would throw in for the right price. Car is currently sitting on it's summer Style 5's with good hancook Ventus v12 tires.

I'm asking $8000 OBO, no reasonable offer would be refused.

Any questions, just ask. I'll post pics if anyone is interested, but for now, it's in my sig.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: