Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #16
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
Going 50 over in a 50 zone is excessive, especially on that street. I used to live near that road, and drove on it regularly. 100km/h+ is too fast for that road.
Are you sure it's excessive? After reading the responses, I think some people here would apply to have it made into a drag strip on weekends.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #17
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Well I hope these people that say it's ok to drive 50 over in a 50 zone get their cars taken away for life. No matter how good of a driver you are, you are not psychic to predict the actions of others. So often we forget that...

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:54 AM   #18
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

well the kids an idiot for doing that at 2in the aft, especially if it was residential

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Here in Ottawa, all the police are protecting parliament, so roaming around streets is fine
lol really? i see them all over - in fact i just got pulled over again tonight - for nothing!

but they're doing obscene amounts of air traffic enforcement. the other day (tues?) getting on the 417 at greenbank to rochester (30km's?) i Video'd no less then 4 aircraft circling the hi-way at sub 2500 ft - my guesstimation, from my years of skydiving.

they also like to circle m&m's

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
Well I hope these people that say it's ok to drive 50 over in a 50 zone get their cars taken away for life. No matter how good of a driver you are, you are not psychic to predict the actions of others. So often we forget that...
that sounds perfectly logical!

maybe we should reduce all hi-ways to 30kph - like you say you never know a deer or a moose could jump out! hey since we're thinking like this should all the police be jailed for murder? i mean they protect the roads & crown lands, yet they don't keep us safe by not killing every wild animal in canada - again a deer could jump out - safety safey.

but seriously whats the factory stopping distance in meters or feet from 70mph's (125kph) in that $60K+ sports sedan??

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 04-19-2011 at 02:50 AM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #19
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
wtf? ok so you're trying to justify going 50 over in a 50 zone? Or are you trying to say that the officer was wrong by maybe a few Km's or whatever mistake that gets you off a ticket? but wait isn't 95 km/h - 99km/h in a 50 zone just as bad? no wait that 5 km/h makes a huge difference.

Take your ****ing tin foil hat off b/c it seems to give you this FTP mentality and paranoia which only the crazies get. oh yeah **** The Police. Kill them all. #Sarcasm
Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #20
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

I dont think most are defending that kind of speed on a street....ya its excessive. my issue is with the stupid , horrible bs 50 over law. its a total crock
Old 04-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #21
marek
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
lol really? i see them all over - in fact i just got pulled over again tonight - for nothing!
It's not for nothing they see what you post on the internet..........
marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #22
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris de la Cruz View Post
wtf? ok so you're trying to justify going 50 over in a 50 zone? Or are you trying to say that the officer was wrong by maybe a few Km's or whatever mistake that gets you off a ticket? but wait isn't 95 km/h - 99km/h in a 50 zone just as bad? no wait that 5 km/h makes a huge difference.

Take your ****ing tin foil hat off b/c it seems to give you this FTP mentality and paranoia which only the crazies get. oh yeah **** The Police. Kill them all. #Sarcasm
5km is a huge difference for insurance purposes. My 49over ticket just got taken off. My insurance went from 179/mth (just PL & PD on a car we owned) to 176/mth (new car, full coverage, ticket was dropped).

That 5km could have put me over 50km limit which in turn is a major instead of a minor and I wouldn't have been driving because insurance rates would be so stupidly over priced.

Mine was on highway 7 headed to Lindsay as I passed a car driving stupidly slow. No one would have been danger as I was the only one along with the slow driver.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #23
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

The only reason why speeding is dangerous here, is becauase of how 98.9% of the drivers on the road are TERRIBLE!!!!
I get cut off many time a day doing 140 in the left lane, I can only imagine what would happen if I was going 180.

If people followed the simple, pass on the left; left lane is for passing, right lane is for faster than right lane, and right lane stays steady at 100-110, well, we might just be able to get our speed limits increased to about 120-135 on the HWY.

Now I am just dreaming??!

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual-Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;Spacers;Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #24
Junaid
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
The only reason why speeding is dangerous here, is becauase of how 98.9% of the drivers on the road are TERRIBLE!!!!
I get cut off many time a day doing 140 in the left lane, I can only imagine what would happen if I was going 180.

If people followed the simple, pass on the left; left lane is for passing, right lane is for faster than right lane, and right lane stays steady at 100-110, well, we might just be able to get our speed limits increased to about 120-135 on the HWY.

+1 Or the assholes who go 100 in the left lane. I try not to pass from right but **** these people don't know how to ****ing change a lane nor learned left lane is for passing.

Needs more mods
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #25
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marek View Post
It's not for nothing they see what you post on the internet..........
probably! and so what does that really say about our cuntry?

I mean sure we're not shooting protestors (with Live ammo) yet or hauling off & torturing All people with an opinion yet, like some other countries..

But shit years before i even posted anything on the internet i walked out my buddies low rise apt at 2am & get some skimasked ninja pointing a gun in my face.. yeah, my car was across the road, i walk out, look -see tactical unit 3,4 cars down to my left, flashlighting stuff. i step off the sidewalk to go to my car - skimask steps out with a gun pointed in my face from the right. he didn't even say anything just pointed it at me..its like he was deciding. i might've been like what are you waiting for, for me to start begging for my life? it seems like that gun was pointed at my face for quite a while, that cop he never said anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris de la Cruz View Post

was this posted in general or towards me?

well theres no paranoia bro - i actually do on average get pulled over between 6-10 times a year on avg -most for 'your papers please'

And So back to 50-over: This cop that pulled me over: well 1st we passed a taxi & cop going the opposite way, then 40-60 seconds later I see head lights gaining on me at a Hi-rate of speed Well over 100kph! the road was 50, cop Had No Sirens on lights me up, i stop - your papers please: licence check. It was the only time i had driven that day, had been on the road maybe 40mins. so I even asked the cop if we had passed you a minute ago, She said yes. So u-turn excessive pursuit speeds no sirens at nigh, just to smell at me like a dog & demand my papers. but joe citizen its 10K & dui insurance rates yet; Yes its somehow really just me that has an attitude problem & everything really is awesome!

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 04-20-2011 at 03:10 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #26
noid
5th Gear Member

I once witnessed a cop doing 80km/h in a school zone. i was doing 65ish towards the school zone, cop was driving faster then me in the left lane with no lights on, as i enter the school zone i reduced my speed, but the cop kept going the same speed. I wish I could have filmed it.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #27
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post

you are spot on. but the thing is that doesnt get politicians votes. they arent gonna go after the general publics horrible driving skills. they will make some sort of scape goat and try to push shit through(like the 50 over law) and be like "see, look what i did for you. im protecting you from those evil street racers".
total crock. the percentage of those cars is tiny. absolutely tiny in comparison to the general public.

and most people who get pulled over for that 50 over junk are normal folks and usually not racing anybody. it was a horrid kneejerk reaction that sadly got put through. it needs to be gotten rid of. A whole bunch of judges have already ruled its against your rights. The actual conviction rate is very tiny.
but you still lose your car for a week and have to pay those horrid tow and impound fees.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: