Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
andrew.k
Top Gear Professional

RaceLand Coilovers

Aquiring Information-

It's for a friends 328I which has blown suspension, 1 front strut and one rear, needs somthing quickly and inexpensive. I did some research & it seems that after the shipping charges, it comes up to almost $500.00.

Please advise on where I could get these in Canada/Ontario/GTA.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

*Shakes head in despair*
Old 04-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotcH View Post
*Shakes head in despair*
+1

unless he's just looking for the lowered look, than maybe it might be ok, the ride & quality of the product is horrible.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
rider-.
3rd Gear Member

for a friend righttttttttttttttttt! why not just get stock suspension and cut the springs, it will probably work just as good as racelands. I have seen ad's on kijiji for them on occasion, but they seem to come and go.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

Despite what everyone shit-talks about them, I have had a set on my car for a year now and have had no problems whatsoever with them. The ride quality is just as good, if not better than what my car was before with the stock, 14 year old suspension. I haven't had one snap, break or spontaniously combust yet and for what I wanted them for, an adjustable ride height for street driving, they have been perfect.

Bad mouth them all you want, my car looks great on them and I have had no problems yet and my car can be just as low, if not lower than any other e36.

As to where to get them, I know you can order them online and have them shipped. Not sure about any local dealer. I bought mine from a member on the board who ordered them and then decided to go in a different direction.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
andrew.k
Top Gear Professional

Thanks, looks like we will be ordering online.

I rock H&R Race springs w/ Bilstein shocks, but its not in his budget to do the same.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
Seyar
4th Gear Member

I might be selling my H&R race springs with bilstein shocks in mint condition soon and it will be going for pretty close to what he wants to spend.

INTERLAGOS E36
Seyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #8
PENGU
Banned

I had race lands on my old whip! They went real low, but I love to drop it to the floor.

For the price they are o.k, but if you have $$ you buy better brand, like KW, or Koni.
PENGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #9
Tnd-_-b
1st Gear Stripper d-_-b

Send a message via MSN to Tnd-_-b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysantic View Post
Despite what everyone shit-talks about them, I have had a set on my car for a year now and have had no problems whatsoever with them. The ride quality is just as good, if not better than what my car was before with the stock, 14 year old suspension. I haven't had one snap, break or spontaniously combust yet and for what I wanted them for, an adjustable ride height for street driving, they have been perfect.

Bad mouth them all you want, my car looks great on them and I have had no problems yet and my car can be just as low, if not lower than any other e36.

As to where to get them, I know you can order them online and have them shipped. Not sure about any local dealer. I bought mine from a member on the board who ordered them and then decided to go in a different direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENGU View Post
I had race lands on my old whip! They went real low, but I love to drop it to the floor.

For the price they are o.k, but if you have $$ you buy better brand, like KW, or Koni.
I agree, I think they are pretty good bang for your buck. I have had mine installed for a year now and i have no issues. The ride quality is just as good as the stock and handles better in my option. It was about $500 shipped to my door and $200 install.

My only issue is i would like something a little stiffer. I was in the same situation, My rear passenger side shock was blown and i needed something quick and not to expensive. Good product for the money.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Tnd-_-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
andrew.k
Top Gear Professional

Thanks for all the input, he went with the Rukkor Coilover setup instead. There have been no negative reviews with Rukkors, especially in the vdub community un-like the racelands. They are an affiliate with Raceland but offer higher springs rates as well a three year warranty. Will post pics upon installation, should arrive on tuesday the 26th, installation should occur the following weekend.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #11
Tnd-_-b
1st Gear Stripper d-_-b

Send a message via MSN to Tnd-_-b
Hey post some pics of the kit its self when you receive them. I have never heard of them.

Oh they look the same, any way let me know how it goes. Curious

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Tnd-_-b; 04-20-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Tnd-_-b is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: