Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #31
rossco2010
1st Gear Newbie

I had the same problem with my '02 325i. Valve cover gasket went one morning. Ashes actually started coming through my vents from the oil burning as it leaked out. Had the valve cover gasket changed at a nearby shop for $200.
One week later, oil still leaking from the valve cover gasket. Brought my car to Endras BMW. Paid close to $1000 to have the crankcase vent valve replaced. Expensive repair, but no more oild leaking onto my engine
rossco2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #32
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco2010 View Post
I had the same problem with my '02 325i. Valve cover gasket went one morning. Ashes actually started coming through my vents from the oil burning as it leaked out. Had the valve cover gasket changed at a nearby shop for $200.
One week later, oil still leaking from the valve cover gasket. Brought my car to Endras BMW. Paid close to $1000 to have the crankcase vent valve replaced. Expensive repair, but no more oild leaking onto my engine

$1000 ?? That's a $500 job at some independant BMW repair shops. Do you have spare dough burning a hole in your pockets?
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #33
rider-.
3rd Gear Member

i did my ccv last week, it took me around 4 hours, I skipped the whole working in tight areas by just pulling the intake manifold from the start, reinstalling the ccv, then putting it all together. It may be a bit more time consuming, but it will save you alot of headaches!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #34
B6T
2nd Gear Member

The biggest pain in the ass when you do the CCV replacement on the E46 is the god damn hose clamp holding the intake boot to the throttle body. That alone took me an hour to figure out. I ended up taking off the removal panel that covers the ABS pump.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #35
rossco2010
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
$1000 ?? That's a $500 job at some independant BMW repair shops. Do you have spare dough burning a hole in your pockets?
hahaha ya unfortunately at the time I didn't have a good mechanic that I trusted. Needless to say i don't go back there. They have great service, but the labour costs are f***ing ridiculous
Old 04-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #36
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
hahaha ya unfortunately at the time I didn't have a good mechanic that I trusted. Needless to say i don't go back there. They have great service, but the labour costs are f***ing ridiculous
RMP is good in the West end, or Stance Factory in the east. North of Toronto, there is Advanced Knowledge Automotive on Newkirk Road in Richmond Hill.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #37
rossco2010
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
RMP is good in the West end, or Stance Factory in the east. North of Toronto, there is Advanced Knowledge Automotive on Newkirk Road in Richmond Hill.
ya I found Stance Factory shortly after this costly repair. I will be going to them from now on. Thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #38
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
ya I found Stance Factory shortly after this costly repair. I will be going to them from now on. Thanks
It's worth the trip from Ajax!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #39
rossco2010
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
It's worth the trip from Ajax!
fo sho!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: