Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
hammerweight
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Amaranth
Posts: 33
Price Fishing

Hey Guys,
Not looking to step on anybodys toes,but, how far out of the ballpark is this?
I too am contemplating the sale of same model car.
Thanks

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ274093133

Last edited by hammerweight; 04-11-2011 at 12:28 PM. Reason: edit copy
hammerweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,598
I think 7k is a little steep, it's not an M5.
It's a nice clean example and I could very well be wrong for saying this, but I wouldn't pay north of 5k for it.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
MarkD
Banned
 
MarkD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In Your DME!
Posts: 2,414
It may be a nice car but when 1991 E34 M5's go for 7 to 10 K, yours seems overpriced, especially with those wheels and tires. Just my opinion, but you asked for it!

A picture under the hood would tell quite a bit, why not show one?
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Smitty
4th Gear Member
 
Smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 627
Considering the car's being presented with easy-to-replace missing trim (front passenger-side fender and rear driver-side door), I'd worry that it's been undermaintained. Those wheels were popular 10 or 12 years ago, lining up pretty well with the car's assumed reg date (an AE-series plate would have been issued in late summer/early fall 1999). Coupled with the custom exhaust and sub box, I'm going to say that this is someone's high school car that's finally hitting the block. Emotional attachment has driven the price above market.

Detective Smitty
__________________
Some old BMWs
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
MarkD
Banned
 
MarkD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In Your DME!
Posts: 2,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
Considering the car's being presented with easy-to-replace missing trim (front passenger-side fender and rear driver-side door), I'd worry that it's been undermaintained. Those wheels were popular 10 or 12 years ago, lining up pretty well with the car's assumed reg date (an AE-series plate would have been issued in late summer/early fall 1999). Coupled with the custom exhaust and sub box, I'm going to say that this is someone's high school car that's finally hitting the block. Emotional attachment has driven the price above market.

Detective Smitty
And when I see Kumho tires on a car, it has BUDGETMOBILE written all over it so I can't be sure what else was going on. Those pics make it a candidate for "pimp my bimmah"
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
hammerweight
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Amaranth
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
It may be a nice car but when 1991 E34 M5's go for 7 to 10 K, yours seems overpriced, especially with those wheels and tires. Just my opinion, but you asked for it!

A picture under the hood would tell quite a bit, why not show one?
Hi MarkD
Not my car,but I do have a 91 535i, 2 owner, Vancouver car(very clean)and am thinking I may sell. I have a potential buyer at considerably less money,and therefore this car made me think I may be letting my example go to cheap.
hammerweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
pawcio
6th Gear Member
 
pawcio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
I think 7k is a little steep, it's not an M5.
It's a nice clean example and I could very well be wrong for saying this, but I wouldn't pay north of 5k for it.
agreed...but south of 5K would be more like it.
__________________
__

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #8
MarkD
Banned
 
MarkD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In Your DME!
Posts: 2,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawcio View Post
agreed...but south of 5K would be more like it.
How far south is the question... Florida, Guyana or Argentina?
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #9
hammerweight
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Amaranth
Posts: 33
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawcio View Post
agreed...but south of 5K would be more like it.
A plane ticket south...or a Sunday afternoon stroll???
hammerweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #10
pawcio
6th Gear Member
 
pawcio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
How far south is the question... Florida, Guyana or Argentina?
http://www.vmrcanada.com/value_menus.../89bm5-es.html
__________________
__

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #11
pawcio
6th Gear Member
 
pawcio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 1,606
I wouldn't mind checking out Argentina as I was in Florida just last week
__________________
__

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #12
hammerweight
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Amaranth
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawcio View Post
Interesting site, Thanks.
I love how they chop 50 bucks of the price for a stick, something I will always pay a premium for.
hammerweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014