Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-02-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
Z4fan
1st Gear Newbie

Question Anyone Ship from TireTrack? What's the Duty and Brokerage Fees??

I'm looking to get some new rubber soon and the prices of tiretrack are sooo much cheaper than anything in Canada. Anyone order and have them shipped to Canada? What were your costs?

Thanks
Z4fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
Z4fan
1st Gear Newbie

On a similar note, anyone drive to the US and swap tires? Does customs check for something like that?

Thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #3
Steve30
Techno Viking

tirerack actually calculates the duty, brokerage, shipping, and taxes all in one so the price is to your door. Those extra fees kind of ruin the deal but it still might be less than what you can get them for here in Toronto. Did you enter your postal code in the checkout?

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325is winter build
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
mclovin
3rd Gear Member

I just ordered set of tires from them yesterday. They include taxes/duty/brokerage into the price. Picked up hankooks 225/45/17 for 670 shipped
Old 04-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
Z4fan
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks for the info! I thought there might be extra charges on top of the amount shipped. Even though it's more, it would save me the hassle of driving down to Buffalo to pick them up (and potential hassle of getting caught not declaring... yes I like to live on the edge LOL)

McLovin, let us know if UPS dings you with their stupid brokerage fees on top of what they charged. I don't mind if it's $50 bucks, but I always worry about those guys in brown, I've heard horror stories... maybe tiretrack has a deal with them

Cheers!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
Z4fan
1st Gear Newbie

Oh btw: How are the Hankooks?? I was on the fence since I've heard good things about them, but for a few hundred more I was thinking Dunlop Z1. I don't race or anything like that, so maybe I should save my money and get the Hankooks

Have you had a set before? Any experiences?

Thanks again,
Cheers
Old 04-03-2011, 02:07 AM   #7
bmwmck
3rd Gear Member

getting new summers for the M3 and considering getting them from tire rack.

let us know if you do have to pay any other fees than what they quote
bmwmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #8
kenmar
3rd Gear Member

I'm pretty sure the charges are all there at checkout, including tire disposal fees.

I've bought shocks and sway bars from them and have never been charged extra. The return policy is great. They sent me the wrong sway bar and shipping it back was as simple as slapping on a sticker and dropping it off at the local UPS depot.

The best deals from them are when they have an end of season clearance. Also, if you buy an item that is less than $100 (like a single rear shock) the brokerage is pretty low.

FYI, there's a site www.thefinalcost.com which lets you compute brokerage and taxes for various couriers. It would be interesting if someone goes out and compares the Rack with fees computed there to see if there really is an advantage or if we're just imagining things.

Last edited by kenmar; 04-03-2011 at 10:28 AM.
kenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #9
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Tirerack doesn't charge anything extra, the price is final. Tires show up within 3-4 days also. The border has been checking for new tires mounted on cars recently, be weary of that trick.

Hankook V12 is probably the best street tire value out. Fantastic tire.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #10
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

^ The guy that crossed in front of me still had bits of sticker stuck to his tires on a pickup, was obvious as hell but no one hassled him. I had brand new rear tires too, but I had 1000+ km on them already and the stickers were completely gone after a high speed run through PA. I picked my tires up direct from the distribution centre in Hartford, CT.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: