Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-30-2011, 11:20 PM   #16
Jonesin
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer p.i. View Post
I agree about the coin wash on Laperier, but if you're ever in the East end, there is a gas station on Ogilvie, Olco I believe, and not only do they have great service (coin wash, or touchless machine wash) and friendly staff but the gas there is ALWAYS cheaper than most places. I just filled up and washed the car about an hour ago, and 91 octane cost me $1.26/Ltr - most everywhere else is cheapie gas for $1.23!
I live up the street from there, (St. Laurent) and I just can't trust gas that cheap. Maybe I'm paranoid, but all I use is Sunoco's (Petro's now) Ultra 94.

Useful links click HERE
Member of the Non-M Bumper By Choice Club
Jonesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:57 AM   #17
Philboski
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesin View Post
I live up the street from there, (St. Laurent) and I just can't trust gas that cheap. Maybe I'm paranoid, but all I use is Sunoco's (Petro's now) Ultra 94.
Waste of money using anything but the required octane rating. In fact, it can be bad for your engine to do so.

Octane rating (in very general layman's terms) tells you how hard the fuel is to burn. The higher the rating, the harder it is to burn. Thus, using more than is specified for the car means you are using gas that doesn't burn as well, thus potentially leaving unburned fuel in the combustion chamber. It can lead to buildup of what is often referred to as crud.

They put a bunch of cleaners, et al, in higher end premium fuels, but you should be fine with 91.

And if you're worried about the Olco, ask them who supplies their gas. The cheap station near my cottage is supplied by Shell.
Philboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:07 PM   #18
Bimmer p.i.
2nd Gear Member

I've been using the Olco 91 fuel for a few years now. First in my Nissan, and now in the Bimmer - NEVER had a problem with it - if you check this site, you'll find threads about Petro Canada watering their gas and blowing up engines! Olco never fried an engine, afaik. But - if you wanna pay higher gas prices, then I suppose that's your choice.
silver 2006 Dodge Charger SXT - performance chip, blue filter Cold Air Intake, 18" chrome 10-spoke rims, custom graphics, leather, custom vinyl interior dress-up, chrome trim package, chrome grill, custom "Punisher" hood badge
Bimmer p.i. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #19
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

I might drive out there next time cuz my fill ups are costly >_<

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: