Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Sightings
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #16
740-iLL
Founder of GTA7's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunitlol View Post
Same car I guess, lol lucky guy

btw your 740 is AMAZING
Thanks man!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #17
TeamHaymaker
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
Youre right, civics are super duper fast stock and once lightly modified become rocket ships, there is no shame in losing in your 400-600hp car to a civic because it is to be expected any way, I heard that is why they stopped making the viper next year.
assume hes talking modified civics not stock,

as for the undersovers, its crazy what they have now.
TeamHaymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #18
davericher20
black and blue

in georgetown there was a cab undercover cop car. The lighted sign on top said police in small letters underneath the Big lettered telephone number which was the # to the station haha.

BTW the entrapment law was bullshit anyways.
Everyone says "if you ask someone if they're a cop they have to tell you if they are or else it's entrapment herp derp."

When in fact the law states that an officer has every right to lie to you so they don't blow their cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #19
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
in georgetown there was a cab undercover cop car. The lighted sign on top said police in small letters underneath the Big lettered telephone number which was the # to the station haha.

BTW the entrapment law was bullshit anyways.
Everyone says "if you ask someone if they're a cop they have to tell you if they are or else it's entrapment herp derp."

When in fact the law states that an officer has every right to lie to you so they don't blow their cover.
Not to true.

A Toronto Police Officer:

o will provide his or her name and badge number upon request.
o who is not in uniform will present proper identification; you may ask to examine the badge and photo identification so that you are satisfied the person is a police officer.
o will tell you why you are being stopped.
o will only use the force allowed by law (for example, to stop an offence, effect the arrest of a suspect or maintain custody of a prisoner).
o will generally arrest a person for a crime committed in the officer's presence, or when the officer has reasonable grounds to believe the person has already committed or is about to commit a crime.

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/whenstopped/

There are acts and regulations that are to be followed. Not to mention the Charter of Freedom and Rights also have to be respected when you are being ticketed and such. A normal cop can't lie, you need to have more training and such in order to walk around without identification and even then you need to carry your badge or license at all times.

I just took a course on this crap because I just did my provincial security guard license. There's so many acts and regulations that a citizen has more rights then the cops. Funny to think that huh.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #20
davericher20
black and blue

^^ok, but an officer who is buying an ounce from a small-time dealer looking to get to the kingpin is not gonna give up their 6 month investigation on the ridiculous law that if someone asks if they're a cop they have to blow their cover.......does that make sense? it's in the charter or act or some shit somewhere. I'll look it up later.

Quote:
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #21
arsevader
4th Gear Member

Quote:
^^ok, but an officer who is buying an ounce from a small-time dealer looking to get to the kingpin is not gonna give up their 6 month investigation on the ridiculous law that if someone asks if they're a cop they have to blow their cover.......does that make sense? it's in the charter or act or some shit somewhere. I'll look it up later.
+1

and unmarked cars are a completely different thing than an undercover officer. Undercover cops don't just roam the streets looking for speeders, they are tasked with a specific investigation and/or goal.

No cop is going to pull someone over for speeding and then pretend they are not a cop.
'03 320i
'96 Volvo 850R
arsevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #22
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
why is it embarrassing if a civic beats you?

the amt of fast civics out number the amt of fast bmws...ya its true. and its 2011. not 1989. civics proved themselves long ago at the strip and on the road course. If you think otherwise you are just flat out ignorant.
are you dumb or retarded? what did you base your statement on?

Quote:
its sad the amt of bs with cops and undercover cars...and the 50 over law bs. police state we live in. its ridiculous
Toretto, why exactly does cops, undercover cars and the 50km/h law over bother you again?

with that being said, talking to civic owners is always
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #23
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
There are still some boundaries. Why would a Task Force officer pull you over? It's not his job. He's there to catch "real" bad guys, not speeders. Even PI's or Loss Prevention when they don't have to show that they are in uniform or on the job, always have to produce ID otherwise the case will be thrown out. There's sections 6-10 on the Charter of Rights & Freedoms that clearly state about searches and detentions and also about being charged and put under arrest. A little knowledge goes a long way when it comes to laws.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #24
davericher20
black and blue

^I don't think we're on the same page. an undercover (plain clothes) will not risk blowing their cover by pulling over the guy they're trying to catch. Unless they have enough to charge them with.........
On the street, if someone asks if they're a cop they have the right to lie to avoid blowing the investigation.

sigh, looks like I have to go find it.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #25
TeamHaymaker
Legendary

man am i ever confused by this argument about cops.
The only time an officer must identify himself is when placing you under arrest or stopping you for a violation. If you ask a plain clothes officer if hes an officer he does not have to say yes. thats obsurd.

feel free to ask any questions on the subject, im quite versed in it as I went to police college and did loss prevention for a number of years, volunteered with the hamilton police service, worked in youth probation in milton, and went through many interviews withthe halton police department to be an officer
TeamHaymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:11 AM   #26
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

pssst ace. stfu. you dont even live here or have a clue about our laws.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #27
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
pssst ace. stfu. you dont even live here or have a clue about our laws.
Yeah he only lived here a couple years ago

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #28
Ahctuning
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXWill View Post
I saw a brand new stock black Jetta in Burlington driven by a guy wearing a big fur collared coat flick the lights in the rear window on, run a red light and then stop at a nearby accident. Undercover Police Jetta lol.
Was he wearing a fedora hat with feathers?
Ahctuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #29
vulcan
1st Gear Newbie

I have been pulled over by a black Lexus IS350 in Mississauga... Cop pulled me over, sat in his car with lights flashing for like 2 minutes and drove off... He didn't even get out. I guess he ran my plates and drove off.

I was trying to pass a civic on Creditview, IS was behind me, when I went into the right hand lane to pass and sped up to 80 he got in my lane and got on my tail. I'm talking inches behind me, I was like wtf is this dudes problem and all of a sudden lights started flashing from behind his windshield.. lol Thankfully he drove off and I went on my way.
vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #30
ATK63
2nd Gear Member

I was pulled over by a dark green Toyota Tundra and a beige Chevy Malibu last summer. Both just gave me a warning, I was extremely lucky. I guess they have other things to worry about...

Tags
bmw m3 black, peel police

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: