Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-21-2011, 01:25 AM   #31
chromius
6th Gear Member

Just a heads up, the guys that did the fall cruise, the BMW club of ottawa, always do a spring cruise as well. And chances are the fall cruise will be different. they always have different routes every year. Just something to keep in mind incase you didn't feel like going through the work of planning something, since a bunch of us usually go on the spring cruise as well.

Although don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with having multiple spring cruises.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:14 AM   #32
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Well if you can find out the dates that would be awesome. It would be cool to have more then one cruise. If we can find out the date, maybe we can plan the cruise around a months time from their cruise. That way if someone can't make one cruise, there's always the other

EDIT : I don't mind the work. Getting to cruise with a bunch of buddies is fun! This route looks very good as me and my girlfriend went to Wakefield last year and it was pretty good. Taking the Mount Cascade roads should be fun.

Last edited by HavocSteve; 03-21-2011 at 02:19 AM.
HavocSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #33
bmdoubleya
6th Gear Member

I think we should cruise to the wakefield Mill Inn.

My e30 should be out in a couple of weeks.
bmdoubleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #34
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdoubleya View Post
I think we should cruise to the wakefield Mill Inn.

My e30 should be out in a couple of weeks.
Sounds good to me. We could make a half-way stop there. Break for drinks or anything (restroom, ect.). I just want to enjoy some back country and also enjoy the "cruise" aspect with everyone. I'm antsy, but this weather is just sucking hardcore!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #35
Bimmer p.i.
2nd Gear Member

Hmmm-I'm a little leary of taking mine into Quebec with my tint job. Cops over there like to hit Ontario plates with ANY infraction so I'd rather not give'm a reason to make a stop. May have to give this some thought.
silver 2006 Dodge Charger SXT - performance chip, blue filter Cold Air Intake, 18" chrome 10-spoke rims, custom graphics, leather, custom vinyl interior dress-up, chrome trim package, chrome grill, custom "Punisher" hood badge
Bimmer p.i. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #36
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer p.i. View Post
Hmmm-I'm a little leary of taking mine into Quebec with my tint job. Cops over there like to hit Ontario plates with ANY infraction so I'd rather not give'm a reason to make a stop. May have to give this some thought.
I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I've been lost so many times there and I just flag them down and ask for directions and nothing but manners they have. We'll be headed towards small towns and fun back roads so I don't think we'll have any issues at all. The BMW Club of Ottawa has there cruise around the 30th of May from what I've seen surfing their forums so it should be fun having 2 cruises within a month apart.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #37
dannyb
4th Gear Member

QC police wont bug you for tinted windows, unless the cop is extremely bored and power tripping. In which case you just bring it to court, he loses and cries himself to sleep.
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #38
sb_600
5th Gear Member

i had 6% tint on my e36 and never had any trouble with the QC cops. I then had 13% tint on my subaru and still no issues - all my family lives in quebec and we'd make regular ski trips/beer runs, so i've been there once or twice
1992 BMW 325i (CHUMPCAR #296 - Metric Homes Racing)
1992 3.0L M52 325i (ex-daily driver - track car only)
2002 330Ci (ex-daily driver - sold!)

sb_600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #39
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Alright, I took my time and got the total kms which is 103 and roughly a 2hr drive. We start at our local Friday night meet spot which is at M&M's and we will depart for Wakefield Mill Inn where we can stop for eat/drink/restroom. Then make our way to Mount Cascade back down the twisties and such to M&M's ending. You guys can part ways on the 417 or anywhere along the route for whatever reasons but I will meet back for coffee and talking at the meet spot. I'm hoping we can meet around 9:20ish as we will depart at 10am exactly. I have print outs of the routes with directions and such for the trip if people need it.

Hope that we can cruise on April 30th or May 1st date but we will determine when the date is when we get closer to better suit everyone. This is my first time ever conducting a cruise so I'm sorry if it seems a bit disorganized but I'll have all the details ready before the cruise date.

Thanks guys
Old 03-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #40
Bimmer p.i.
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
QC police wont bug you for tinted windows, unless the cop is extremely bored and power tripping. In which case you just bring it to court, he loses and cries himself to sleep.
hmmm maybe it's just me, then? I had an '81 Mustang with 25% and would get pulled over every time I hit the border. They made me go to the police station in Gatineau, and had a light meter put on the glass, and said that it had to be over 35%. I wracked up a stack of tickets, because I refused to remove the tint, and didn't pay them - eventually, they got a court order and garnished my wages. I'm sure you can understand my gun-shyness.
silver 2006 Dodge Charger SXT - performance chip, blue filter Cold Air Intake, 18" chrome 10-spoke rims, custom graphics, leather, custom vinyl interior dress-up, chrome trim package, chrome grill, custom "Punisher" hood badge
Bimmer p.i. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #41
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

That's the craziest shit I ever heard. I mean, they had a tint road block set up or something?
Old 03-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #42
chromius
6th Gear Member

Tony got nailed in qc for tint on one of our cruises a little while back. He even had quebec plates! He ended up having to remove the tint.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #43
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Bastards!! Now I'm paranoid jesus.

I'll only ever cruise in the E30 in nice weather anyway, so I'll just roll down all my windows.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #44
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
Bastards!! Now I'm paranoid jesus.

I'll only ever cruise in the E30 in nice weather anyway, so I'll just roll down all my windows.
AHAHA! Good idea...

I think that's weird that some people get caught with the slightest tint My friend had his front windshield tinted 25% completely in Oshawa and the cops there will bust for anything they can get away with. No problems for him and his brother has a beater car with 5% all around with the same front windshield tint and nothing ever bothers them. Not to mention they drift their mazda rx-7 around corners like squirrels.

I guess we will have to raid your house when you leave! You'll end up coming home now Denny to a completed car
Old 03-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #45
Jonesin
2nd Gear Member

I applied to the BMW CCC Ottawa chapter about 18 months ago or so. They never so much as responded to my emails.

Useful links click HERE
Member of the Non-M Bumper By Choice Club
Jonesin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: