Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Spring Cruise!

Hey guys!

As we all know, it seems spring is coming around the corner. Some very nice warm days lately. I would like to get a nice cruise together and enjoy some back country roads like the fall cruise. I'm wondering if there is any interest in this at all.

I don't mind using the same route we did for the cruise at all as it was an amazing route with plenty of views and some fun twisties everywhere. I'm super excited to get together at meets but a cruise to start things off would be better. Depending on the interest, we can start throwing some late April or May dates around that can best suit everyone.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #2
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

Only if we can cut the roof of your Mazda, and use it as video camera pace car for a MaXbimmer production
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Errr no roof cutting! But I could get my GF to hold a camera for us I know Shawn has that neat camera that can stick to helmets and cars, we could sticky it to the back of my car and run some twistes!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
sb_600
5th Gear Member

For sure!

Now that I actually have a street bimmer, I'm more likely to come out. I'll bring my GoPro. My brother Chris has one to, as does Jamie.

They've got suctions cups that can pull dents out of doors - I've run it on the outside of the car at Calabogie and have never had issues
1992 BMW 325i (CHUMPCAR #296 - Metric Homes Racing)
1992 3.0L M52 325i (ex-daily driver - track car only)
2002 330Ci (ex-daily driver - sold!)

sb_600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb_600 View Post
For sure!

Now that I actually have a street bimmer, I'm more likely to come out. I'll bring my GoPro. My brother Chris has one to, as does Jamie.

They've got suctions cups that can pull dents out of doors - I've run it on the outside of the car at Calabogie and have never had issues
Nice! We could get a front group shot and middle of the pack and one at the back! If we get some more interest I can re-post the route we took for the fall cruise!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

Can we just make a chop top Mazda 3? Much sportier. My roommate and I got into an arguement over whether a Mazda 3 is sporty. He said, "Your stupid, it's a station wagon."

Also, I have a GoPro as well, with the suction cup mount. Can we do this May 1st?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411 View Post
just letting this furom [*forum] know
MaxBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
sb_600
5th Gear Member

i have experience with sawzalling roofs off cars. Let me know if this is required and I will give you a good deal for my services

Old 03-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

lol
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

You guys are all banned from my vehicle. Anyone steps within 20 feet with any power tools will feel the wrath of hell descend upon them!

On a serious note. It tis' a very fast car for a wagon!

As for dates, I was thinking about a weekend.

April 30th (Saturday) or May 1st (Sunday).

Rain check :

May 7th (Saturday) or May 8th (Sunday).
Old 03-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #10
dannyb
4th Gear Member

Looks like I have to get off my butt and start preparing the car for summer. Anyone want to give Denny a hand so we can get his car running for the drive?
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #11
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
Looks like I have to get off my butt and start preparing the car for summer. Anyone want to give Denny a hand so we can get his car running for the drive?
I ask for dates. This weekend would be awesome as I have friends and family coming down in 2 weeks and also picking up the new car then as well. If his car doesn't work out in time, he can sit in the back seat of my car =P It goes fast enough that I can still keep in front of the pack
Old 03-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #12
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

I just got a whole new set of blades, and I know where Steve lives. Who wants to make the mazdah a chop top with me?

My car will not be out until rain has thoroughly washed away salt. I *suppose* I could take the winter beater.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #13
dannyb
4th Gear Member

When are we chopping the 3? Steve I cant this weekend, I have a Jetta engine to take appart. Ill post pics of my garage later, who knew you could get 3 cars in a double garage.
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #14
Bimmer p.i.
2nd Gear Member

I'd be up for a Spring Cruise. Will be away mid-late April, but the weekend of the 30th would work fine. What was the route for the Fall? I wasn't here yet.
silver 2006 Dodge Charger SXT - performance chip, blue filter Cold Air Intake, 18" chrome 10-spoke rims, custom graphics, leather, custom vinyl interior dress-up, chrome trim package, chrome grill, custom "Punisher" hood badge
Bimmer p.i. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #15
sb_600
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
When are we chopping the 3? Steve I cant this weekend, I have a Jetta engine to take appart. Ill post pics of my garage later, who knew you could get 3 cars in a double garage.
I could set aside an evening next week. Trust me you can get it done within an hour

I convertiblized a old Accord for Canada Day a few years back. We did it on our lunch break, and all it took was a sawzall. I'll see if I can dig up some pics of it - it was hilarious.

+1 on the route - I've never been on a bimmer cruise... I also need to find rims and tires for the summer too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: