Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2011, 02:37 AM   #11
Ant_e30
1st Gear Newbie

Not trying to be argumentative here (damn, first post, dont want to get on the wrong foot!) but i am a little confused in regard to why you so strongly say 16x8 +/-0 wheels are entirely inappropriate on E30s, and yet you will say to people that 16x9 +15 with 3-5mm spacer is okay. Using the Wheel Offset Calculator, the difference between 16x8 +/-0 and 16x9 +10 (effective w 5mm spacer) is actually +3mm further out for the 9" rim. But you do not tell people it won't fit?

I ask this because i've just bought myself an E30 and really want so aggressive wheel fitment. That said, I dislike the look where the front wheel is poking more than the rear. ideally i want maybe a 5mm-ish of rim poke on stretched tyres. I am looking at running coilovers all round (GC or KW probably) and have been eyeing off the likes of Kerscher Carmonas. I really do not want to run a 3-5mm Slip On, and i feel anything thicker will push the rim out too far. As such i am (sadly..lol) considering the 7.5 +20 up front with a 20-25mm spacer and then the 9" +15 up back. Sound reasonable?

Also when you say fitment up front, what type of camber are you allowing for? I assume aftermarket camber tops and maybe 2-3 degrees?

cheers!
Ant_e30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: