Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #16
Chris_Bangle
2nd Gear Member

Got a reply from Gerry:

1. Vintage F2000 Reynard cars
2. Suits and helmet supplied, best to bring your own helmet if you have one
3. Basic instruction on theory at beginning of day, quick analysis after each run
4. Three 15 minute sessions
5. Cars built for drivers under 215 lbs

So it seems nothing has changed since the time other people attended.
Chris_Bangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:10 AM   #17
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
I appreciate your input Mark but The Trillium school does not cost nor should cost that much if you're careful.

Cost of the TWO day school is $499 tax incl.

Two tanks of gas including getting there and home from Toronto, $140.00

Tech inspection is Free for the 1st 10 registrants at Bavarian. (which last year No one took advantage of, i know Steve told me personally even thought it was advertised on the Trillium Website.

Mosport is less than an hour away from Toronto so I don't see why you wouldn't drive home and back, but if you do want to stay locally the Admiral Inn in Lindsay which is only 15 mins north of the track is $69.00/night and is a nice clean place.

As long as you're not an animal, wear and tear on the car is negligible.

Total $640 for TWO DAYs Unlike the F2000 which is a total of 50 minutes car time in one day for $499.00!

Great experience but I have over a half dozen friends that have taken it over the years and all say the samething, it was a fun experience but they didn't feel the value was there.

I think the main thing would be, you're beating the shit out of a car that isn't yours haha. And plus, it's an open wheeled car! I think F2000 is if you want an experience, and Trillium is if you want to learn to drive your car to the limits.
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #18
jabela
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the input guys. You're right, it is more of an experience. It would be fun. I haven't driving a fast open wheel racer since our Formula SAE car back in university.
I did try to sign up, but it looks like you need to sign up 4 people at a time to get the V-day deal. So much for that!

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.modernapothecary.ca
jabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #19
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabela View Post
Thanks for the input guys. You're right, it is more of an experience. It would be fun. I haven't driving a fast open wheel racer since our Formula SAE car back in university.
I did try to sign up, but it looks like you need to sign up 4 people at a time to get the V-day deal. So much for that!
Unless they really fixed up those cars, you are not missing much. They are not very fast. When I was there, they were more like some junky cars someone pulled out of a shed after 5 years of storage. A few of them did not even fire on all cylinders!
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: