Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > RMP Motors
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
2002M3E46
2nd Gear Member

I certainly didnt expect this from RMP...

I have to start by saying, being in the automotive scene for many years I have been to numerous shops both race and maintenance/general repair. I have seen a lot, had good experiences as well as bad. I know quite a few shop owners and I donít had over my keys to just anyone. Being new to BMW's, having never been to RMP for any form of work before, reading all these posts about RMP I was somewhat sceptical how a shop could be so good. Despite my attitude towards dealing with someone new I booked a time (with very short notice) to get something checked out. Once I arrived, I expected a few things.. I expected Great service, I expected fair prices and I expected the work to be done well.. What I didnít expect was everything that I actually received...

My first time ever meeting Rocco, he was more than helpful. I booked a time late in the afternoon on a Friday, got a call earlier in the afternoon to tell me he had finished the job before me ahead of time and explained, I was more than welcome to stop by whenever I wanted. Pleased with this, I drove over to have him try and quickly diagnose a slight vibration I had at high speed. Upon arrival he introduces himself, takes my keys and we go for a test drive. Already more helpful than anyone else I've dealt with in the past. We arrive back at the shop and I'm expecting him to tell me what he thinks might be wrong, pay him for his time and that would be the end of it... Wrong again, I hop out and my car is taken back around and driven into the shop, carefully raised on the hoist. 45 min later inspecting the car with a fine tooth comb he tells me what he suspects the problem might be. Lowers the car, backs it out and tells me to have a great day. I'm left scratching my head... I ask what it is I owe him? (keep in mind he just spent over an hour and a half checking it out) I expected nothing less than shop rate. He tells me, ďNothing, I didnít do anythingĒ.. This attitude alone convinced me.

What I expected was definitely different from what I got. I got amazing service! More than generous pricing on numerous jobs preformed, amazing attention to detail, the utmost respect and care for my car, amazing diagnostic ability and going well above and beyond in regards to an emergency situation I unfortunately encountered which tied up his hoist for a couple hours!!

I have been back numerous times since. In regards to customer service He Has always been promt returning my calls and answering all my questions I have had. That means alot. I cannot stress enough how much I appreciate everything Rocco has done for me lately, nor can say enough good things about this shop to anyone who is questioning getting any work done there. If this is any indication of how business will be conducted with jobs in the future, my car will definitely be seeing him exclusively.

Iím not an easy person to convince, but I would have no regrets whatsoever recommending anyone to his shop. Thanks again RMP and good luck on the upcoming race season!

-Matt

2002M3E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
VSanj
6th Gear Member

nice to hear someone goin above and beyond!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
E36is
'OldSchool..'

RMP techs always seem to give me free engine washes too... even when i dont ask for it!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
damameke
6th Gear Member

He Said “Nothing, I didn’t do anything”..

after spending 1.5 hours when car was on hoist
and doing nothing. the vibration went away ?

Wow.. His look kills the vibration..?

Amazing Rocco....thats why he service my car..

Last edited by damameke; 02-16-2011 at 01:27 PM.
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
tg07lq
4th Gear Member

i was very impressed when there with a friend. his shop is spotless!!! right down to the tech washing the walls. a clean shop indeed. service was excellent. really genuine guy
Old 02-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
MTREEDAT
2nd Gear Member

I tried him out last week too. I am no stranger to private shops, performance shops, I've even helped a couple with their business models and financial plans. I am still very new to BMW's, so I wanted someone that has enough experience with the products.

My 06 325i had the head ticking noise which sounded like certain death. I posted a thread about it and knew from what I posted that only a true tech would be able to comment. Rocco PM'd me and we went back and forth a couple times.

I finally decided, all I can do is give them a shot.....so I did and they delivered.

I worked out a way to leave my car and pick it up without hassles and on my schedule.

He did an oil flush, treatment and additive and the tick is gone! He also did other regular service at half the prices of the stealership. I still do as much as I can myself, but it's nice to know if something has me stumped, I have somewhere to go without getting raped by the stealership. He charges honest shop prices even when parts are so expensive, he is able to keep the bill within reason.

Kudos to RMP. I hope he can keep that personal touch as he grows, many shops have to start hiring people and the quality goes down hill.

Sorry to jack your thread.
'03 10th Anniv SVT Cobra a.k.a "Darkhorse" 454RWHP/503RWTQ
'12 Mustang GT 11.92 @ 115.3 mph 390RWHP /375RWTQ
MTREEDAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor

Thank you guys! It was my pleasure!

Eibach-Koni-Bilstein-H&R-Powerflex-KW Suspension-OEM Parts+ MORE
EUROPEAN AUTO SERVICE & PERFORMANCE

www.RMPMOTORS.com

www.Facebook.com/RMPMotors
RMPMOTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
d-burn
1st Gear Newbie

I'm looking to get into a used E90/92 in the very near future.

Based on all the excellent reviews I've seen on this forum, and others, I will definitely be taking it to RMP for a Pre-Purchase Inspection before I sign on the dotted line. I'm assuming RMP does these?

Based on the quality of work, and attention to detail, that there seems to be at RMP based on reviews, I think they are probably trustworthy to find any mechanical issues and signs of accident damage/repair, repainted/replaced panels, etc.? At least, that is my hope. That is always the big fear when buying used, especially with performance/luxury vehicles.

What does a PPI cost at RMP, and does it cover everything I mentioned? (Full inspection as to any mechanical issues, if anything needs to be replaced/repaired, full inspection for accident damage/repair, repaint, etc.) Also, I believe it is advisable to do a pressure test, check the cooling system, etc.?

Would love some feedback.
d-burn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: